SwisherHouse

What are you listening to?

^Agreed.

I've been listening to a lot of Kendrick Lamar new and older. He's going to be something big.

It's weird going back to page one of this forum, verrrryyyy different

• Like 2

It's weird going back to page one of this forum, verrrryyyy different

What's wrong with Fiddy?

Zjwo4.gif

I've been listening to a lot of Queen lately. There will never be another voice as golden as Freddie's.

Listening to the new Game Album. Very great album

• Like 1

It's nice seeing Game return to his roots, mixing anecdotes and life's hard lessons in to wisdoms. It offers a much better listen than his jumping on to random party joints to stay relevant. "Jesus Piece" and "See No Evil" (K. Dot is the next big thing) are the standouts on the album, IMO.

If you haven't heard of Kendrick, this is a good starting point:

• Like 1

I cant get into Kendrick for some reason. Listening to A$AP and waiting for that new CD!

• Like 1

It is a good an album that came out last year in 2012 imo. Blood Diamonds and cant get right are my two personal fav amongst many...............See no evil is banger toooooo

It's nice seeing Game return to his roots, mixing anecdotes and life's hard lessons in to wisdoms. It offers a much better listen than his jumping on to random party joints to stay relevant. "Jesus Piece" and "See No Evil" (K. Dot is the next big thing) are the standouts on the album, IMO.

If you haven't heard of Kendrick, this is a good starting point:

Funny you say this...I keep forcing myself to listen to him and its just not happening for me......

I cant get into Kendrick for some reason. Listening to A$AP and waiting for that new CD!

Have you guys checked out his new song with ASAP and Drake? He probably has the best line of the year in it:

Maybe I'm just a nerd, but I thought that line was awesome. He has a lot of double or triple entendre in his verses, which is why he's great.

CoH (pretty sure I've hyped this guy to you, Theoneupper), check out XV; he's my favorite up-and-coming rapper. I've posted this before, but it's good enough to justify a repost:

I don't know if Jon Connor is still being slept on, but he's pretty damn good, too.

• Like 1

I love Drakes flow in that ASAP song as well. Just a good all around song. Even Kendrick goes in.

Dont know is many people like Blu. Heres a song i used to listen to all the time. XV is really good. Underrated.

• Like 1

I listened to Kendrick Lamar's album three times this week and I changed my mind. His music is dope and he's very talented

Studying for boards for the past few months. Nothing gets more pumped to keep reading then playing Two Steps from Hell..

I've also been replaying this when I'm about to play ball... At about 1:55 forward on Wrath of Sea, I'm ready to dunk on someone.

Edited by tremixt

Before:

After:

Edited by WahooManiac

This guy Wadz on youtube does some great remixes.. Heres a favorite..

never heard of any of this kind of music really. Im a country guy who listens to country music.

George Strait

Alan Jackson

Kenny Chesney

Chris Young

Justin Moore

Josh Turner, etc.

Haven't seen any other posts really about country music. I love it and live it so oh well.

If you like Southern Rock or sort of classic Bluesy Rock then I've been listening to Alabama Shakes since last summer. Big fan although the lead is ugly as sin, but they have a sort of Arethea Franklin meets Tom Petty vibe (look em' up) and were on tour with Jack White for awhile. Figured I'd post it now b/c they've sort of blown up the last month after being on the Grammys and SNL last night.

If you really like true R&B stuff that harkens back to Motown than Lee Fields and the Expressions is an act I've listened to before but just rediscovered in the last 6 months. I'm sure the requisite rap and R&B fair like Frank Ocean have been posted.....This is probably not music for kids though.... :lol:

• Like 1

I like Die Antwoord. Good pump up music.

If you like Southern Rock or sort of classic Bluesy Rock then I've been listening to Alabama Shakes since last summer. Big fan although the lead is ugly as sin, but they have a sort of Arethea Franklin meets Tom Petty vibe (look em' up) and were on tour with Jack White for awhile. Figured I'd post it now b/c they've sort of blown up the last month after being on the Grammys and SNL last night.

If you really like true R&B stuff that harkens back to Motown than Lee Fields and the Expressions is an act I've listened to before but just rediscovered in the last 6 months. I'm sure the requisite rap and R&B fair like Frank Ocean have been posted.....This is probably not music for kids though.... :lol:

Been listening to Alabama Shakes for a while now, seeing them actually get some exposure now is nice. Theyve got a great sound!

How about some real s---....Ace Hood has been going hard!

Edited by Patrick Bateman
Links or embeds need to meet the CofC Standards. Profanity can't be in a link.