SwisherHouse

What are you listening to?

I've been playing Johnny Thunders (from The Dolls to The Heartbreakers, JT and the Oddballs, solo stuff, solo w/ backing band, live shows in Japan, Heartbreaker reunions, Walter Lure-anything (mainly The Waldos)... etc. etc. etc. Basically anything with an attachment to Thunders has been played near non-stop for the past month or so...

A great medley of covers here... not to pick a cover song to showcase, but he does it well, and man, is he strung out...

I have huge pupils... even when I'm not strung out... this man's pupils completely vanished into the void that is smack. But still, what a showman... a sweaty showman, but a showman no less.

I also have been playing Sonic's Rendezvous Band.... the late Fred "Sonic" Smith of the MC5 (also left Patti Smith a widow- and I get to see Patti in May on a somewhat related note... yay)... I picked up a copy of Sweet Nothing on LP, and the version of City Slang on the record is one of the best songs and rock anthems ever written. The single (or regular studio version, which was actually the band's only "single" on 7") is kind of average at best, to be honest-- but the live cut on "Sweet Nothing" is unbelievable. Nothing like Freebird, Green Grass & High Tides, or a lot of those other "anthem" songs... most of which have the same country rebel feel. This is straight-up rock 'n' roll for 7 or 8 or 9 minutes. And it just rips...

• Like 1

What yall know about my home boy Buck? I know he fell off cus dude messed up with 50 but nothing changes the fact that dude is dope musically and was one of the best in G Unit. I've been bumpin "Buck The World" album like crazy, that went platnium in 2007. If yall aint heard it, heres one of the best songs off the track. Please let me know what ya'll think? (ONLY HIP HOP HEADS

Edited by keep it ONE hunnid

The superior version. I love Roger, and he obviously does the song justice, but Eddie is on another level - I can feel the agony and yearning echoing through that carnal shriek.

Solid. I like when Drake infuses soul into his music; he's got the voice to carry it.

I've been off the hip-hop wave for a few months now (I say this as I'm listening to the Aston Martin remix on my player :lol:). I think it has something to do with the nauseating repetition of bragging about female dogs, vast quantities of money, and exotic cars. Don't get me wrong - there's poetry to be found in any genre... but let's just say rap isn't full to the brim with heart-wrenching metaphors.

I've kinda been embracing my closet hipster lately. This is pretty good if you're into folk rock:

Love me some Pink Floyd!

Solid. I like when Drake infuses soul into his music; he's got the voice to carry it.

I've been off the hip-hop wave for a few months now (I say this as I'm listening to the Aston Martin remix on my player :lol:). I think it has something to do with the nauseating repetition of bragging about female dogs, vast quantities of money, and exotic cars. Don't get me wrong - there's poetry to be found in any genre... but let's just say rap isn't full to the brim with heart-wrenching metaphors.

I've kinda been embracing my closet hipster lately. This is pretty good if you're into folk rock:

That was a dope song. So calm. So Soothing. Needs to be put in the fantasy baseball forum. :lol:

Never heard of this band, but i love the bass in this song!

I'm... not sure what I just experienced. That's a mashup if I've ever heard one. Started out not really liking it, but by the end it really grew on me.

This is probably my current favorite song:

Makes me want to sit around a campfire and contemplate the universe. :lol:

The best mix of the album of any mix available..... all of the mess-ups spoken of during production and post-production, on the LP, CD, etc. All of the remixes and reattempts and capturing the best mix available, the "77 Mixes Re-visted" or the "BAMF Lost Mixes" or whatever the hell, one of these being remixed by just Johnny by himself (probably accompanied by some very strong powder, if anything....), sounding like it was aided by a drum machine for extra "oomph" (which sounds just awful, by the way)... in the end, the best mix that was messed up was on a very limited release on the cassette. While youtube takes away some of its clarity, it's still the best version of a classic album. A .flac is somewhere on the 'net in perfect quality... so much better than any of the mixes to CD or vinyl that followed and anything since, really.

I'll be on the lookout for a copy of the cassette.... but in the mean time, a digital copy is better than nothing. And it is better than anything else that I own as far as this album goes (so it's not like I'm even bootlegging it anyway... it's the superior mix by far, and anyone with one and a half ears could tell this). Edited by Nick Mitchell

I listened to about half of Alice in Chains' new "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here" on Friday.

While I think they're one of the better comeback stories, so far a lot of the album sounds pretty similar...and, while William sounds a lot like Layne, you just cannot replace an icon.

Might have already put this in here, but the new Vampire Weekend album is good. Maybe its my inner hipster coming out as well.

Dont think Ive added Dom Kennedy on here. Found out who he was through Matt Kemps walk up music a couple years back. Heres a song with Kendrick.

Listening to the album 13 by Black Sabbath, again.

It's good. Not as good as their heyday (they're one of my favorite bands, so it would be quite the feat at this age), but still a super solid album.

• Like 1

Mirrors by timberlake is such a good song

makes me think about all the times i messed up relationships lmao

damn :(

Edited by NyMetsfan5

ALT J

• Like 1