SwisherHouse

What are you listening to?

What do y'all think about Yeezus?

In one word? Cacophony.

I think it's a very disappointing follow-up to MBDTF, but I know a lot of people who like it.

That album sucked. Born Sinner was decent too. Its crazy because Mac Miller had the best album outta the 2, I cant believe I'm saying this but ya'll should go listen to his.

Yeezus was terrible. It was like 808's but worse. I give 808's a pass because it was a way of venting out and he was very depressed after his mother died and his fiance left, but Yeezus was terrible. Born sinner was hot. Love J. Cole and he has some of the deepest lyrics of any rapper. Mac has a good sound to his music, and he knows who the relevant artist are at the time so he has great colabs, but his music is always lacking something. Cant really explain it though. He did have the best album out of the 3 to be honest though.

• Like 1

I personally liked Yeezus, but to each his own. What about Magna Carta Holy Grail? Haven't listened to everything yet, but on the surface it seems like a lot of people like it.

I can't front...I thought this was gonna be an amazing album. I told everyone..." It looks like Jay is about to drop a classic for the summer." I waited all day to listen until I got in the truck to go to the July 4th celebrations. Whoa!!!!! I was SUPER DISAPPOINTED! Jay-Z didn't do anything amazing with his lyrics, hooks or song structure. The beats bang but as J flows...the songs get boring.

It is probably not fair to compare but I will say...Kanye's album was experimental and the beats weren't 'traditional' hip hop but his lyrics were solid and the songs were interesting! I'm not totally in love with it but I give Ye props for at least challenging himself. Jay didn't get clever at all with the lyrics. Same topics...$, B, Baby Blue, oh and $$. Granted, that is what Jay's life is now and he has made crazy $ but...how many albums can you say the exact same thing and entertain lyrically? On the way back from the BBQ I decided to bang the Kendrick Lamar album and ....hands down....Jay-Z's album doesn't stand up to Kendrick's at all. Kendrick gives you lyrics, song structure that is interesting, hooks and beats. Ironically, as a DJ I will have an easier time playing a couple of Jay-Z's tracks at the party but the real test of a great album is the road trip and Magna Carta failed...got skipped through all the way. And that Benonce track was the worst! So disappointed!!!!! Anyway,Yeeuz dropped, Jayz dropped... I think Eminem has another chance to prove who's the best rapper, now its all eyes on him, can he deliver? What yall think?

The more I have been traveling, the more and more I like Yeezus. Very out there and futuristic beats. Black Skinhead and I'm in it are great.

• Like 1

I don't understand why Yeezus doesn't get any love.. Definitely my favorite since College Dropout and Late Registration, but I like that you can't really compare it to any recently released hip-hop album. Bound 2 just feels like a great summer song

Anybody heard new Chamillionaires EP? Called "Reignfall" Now I know this cat is really underrated beacause most of the ignorant hip hop fans list him as a one hit wonder but his mixtapes starting from Messias, to Major Pain & Major Pain 1.5 has been nothing but pure fire. Dude really has a crazy word play. Ya'll should peep some of his work I promise ya'll wont be dissapointed... Here's a little taste of what he could do:

Do all rotoworlders only listen to rap?

Doubt it, but most people who contribute to this thread like the genre. There are some very eclectic people on Rotoworld thats probably one of the most surprising thing about this site. Not only do they like fantasy sports, and are die hard fans, they are very open minded. I mean, when i posted in this thread early on it was some Spanish Rock.

I take it that a lot of people love this guy, especially teenage kids.

I've only heard a few tracks, and i don't get it. he seems to go from singing sincere soulful things one second to then rapping like a guy who failed 8th grade and gets stoned all day.

is this supposed to be good? like he has commendible range or something? b/c to me it just seems schizophrenic and fake. you can't be emotionally sincere one second and stupid the next. it lacks identity. what a fake message he puts out.

no? someone explain. like i said, i've only heard a few songs, and i want to enjoy what he does the way so many others do.

Foolish post, in my opinion. When I look through this thread, I see a wide variation in genres and music taste. Not sure why you chose to focus on the rap posts.

Anyways, to my smooth jazz lovers,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMP4Q5zNf2k

Edited by tremixt

Just heard the Alabama Shakes for the firs time, meh. Feels like a band put together by a corporation, plays off the standard steryotypes of the genre. Feel the same way about Blackberry Smoke. At least Tedeschi Trucks Band is killin it with their new album, Derek is a god.

Foolish post, in my opinion. When I look through this thread, I see a wide variation in genres and music taste. Not sure why you chose to focus on the rap posts.

Anyways, to my smooth jazz lovers,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMP4Q5zNf2k

I just started like 5 pages ago. Foolish for you to think I read all 34.

Whos excited about the new Eminem album titled; Marshall Mathers LP2, will it live up to its name?

I love Eminem. Him in his prime is my favorite rapper, and it's not too close... but I don't have high expectations for MMLP2. "Berzerk" and the new song released for the CoD trailer are nothing like what I expected, which is vintage Slim Shady. They've still got the wordplay, but the flow and lyrical content just aren't as great as they used to be. Maybe he should get back on drugs... :lol:

Really, I think the album name should be changed because MMLP is one of the untouchables of the genre. But, who knows—maybe he'll surprise me. I sure hope he does.