SwisherHouse

What are you listening to?

I take it that a lot of people love this guy, especially teenage kids.

I've only heard a few tracks, and i don't get it. he seems to go from singing sincere soulful things one second to then rapping like a guy who failed 8th grade and gets stoned all day.

is this supposed to be good? like he has commendible range or something? b/c to me it just seems schizophrenic and fake. you can't be emotionally sincere one second and stupid the next. it lacks identity. what a fake message he puts out.

no? someone explain. like i said, i've only heard a few songs, and i want to enjoy what he does the way so many others do.

I used to hate him quite a bit but the more songs I heard the more I liked him. I don't disagree he came from an affluent family, started off as a teen actor on Degrassi and by making songs for the women. But now that he's made it, he wants to chill, get stoned and make money with his new crew (YMCMB). I think he's a bit of an insecure guy but he makes songs that make you want to excel in one way or the other.

Whos excited about the new Eminem album titled; Marshall Mathers LP2, will it live up to its name?

I love Eminem. Him in his prime is my favorite rapper, and it's not too close... but I don't have high expectations for MMLP2. "Berzerk" and the new song released for the CoD trailer are nothing like what I expected, which is vintage Slim Shady. They've still got the wordplay, but the flow and lyrical content just aren't as great as they used to be. Maybe he should get back on drugs... :lol:

Really, I think the album name should be changed because MMLP is one of the untouchables of the genre. But, who knows—maybe he'll surprise me. I sure hope he does.

I agree but I think Bizerk is not as bad as people are making it out to be, when I heard the single at first, Im like "please dont tell me this single will not be on the new album", but hearing it again and giving some few more spins, I acually like it, its not bad. This is a good 1st single. It also shows maybe the album won't have the mainstream appeal that Recovery did with the likes of Not Afraid as a 1st single. The sequel to one of the greatest albums ever? Yeah Em better bring it. No Rihanna, no Pink, no Lil Wayne. Only dude I feel like deserves to be featured is Kendrick. A Dre or Slaughterhouse track is always welcomed. Screw everybody else.His lyricism seems to improve each time he releases a new project, some people might not like some of the music but there's NO denying his skills as an MC, still incredible..

Whos excited about the new Eminem album titled; Marshall Mathers LP2, will it live up to its name?

I love Eminem. Him in his prime is my favorite rapper, and it's not too close... but I don't have high expectations for MMLP2. "Berzerk" and the new song released for the CoD trailer are nothing like what I expected, which is vintage Slim Shady. They've still got the wordplay, but the flow and lyrical content just aren't as great as they used to be. Maybe he should get back on drugs... :lol:

Really, I think the album name should be changed because MMLP is one of the untouchables of the genre. But, who knows—maybe he'll surprise me. I sure hope he does.

I agree but I think Bizerk is not as bad as people are making it out to be, when I heard the single at first, Im like "please dont tell me this single will not be on the new album", but hearing it again and giving some few more spins, I acually like it, its not bad. This is a good 1st single. It also shows maybe the album won't have the mainstream appeal that Recovery did with the likes of Not Afraid as a 1st single. The sequel to one of the greatest albums ever? Yeah Em better bring it. No Rihanna, no Pink, no Lil Wayne. Only dude I feel like deserves to be featured is Kendrick. A Dre or Slaughterhouse track is always welcomed. Screw everybody else.His lyricism seems to improve each time he releases a new project, some people might not like some of the music but there's NO denying his skills as an MC, still incredible..

Kendrick is so over rated imo. It should just be Dre, Slaughterhouse, and maybe a Snoop Dogg(or whatever hes calling himself now) song. I would still rather hear Em on his own instead, but if he wants his record to sell more than it already will he will need some good features.

Also, i have grown to love Good Kid, m.A.A.d City. I still wouldnt want to have Kendrick in a feature with Em on Em's album. This is the reason i like GKMC so much, because it is all Kendrick. I hope Em sticks to that and only has features where they are needed in order to advance the album and tell a story through out not just because he wants to make a radio hit.

Kendrick is overrated? Whaaaat okay I am done. Youd rather have Em collabrate with a washedup artist in Snoop rather than one of th beat right now, Kendrick? Snoop aint dropped anything hot since his Doggystyle album

Kendrick is overrated? Whaaaat okay I am done. Youd rather have Em collabrate with a washedup artist in Snoop rather than one of th beat right now, Kendrick? Snoop aint dropped anything hot since his Doggystyle album

I havent liked him very much and you can check the post earlier on in this thread. Didnt like GKMC when it came out and just now am i liking it. Its just a preference dont need to get offended i didnt know K-Dots mom was on the forums. Snoop is in no way washed up he can still bring it with the best. He just doesnt have to because hes doing other things. Think he has a show on youtube and a reality show.

I havent liked him very much and you can check the post earlier on in this thread. Didnt like GKMC when it came out and just now am i liking it. Its just a preference dont need to get offended i didnt know K-Dots mom was on the forums. Snoop is in no way washed up he can still bring it with the best. He just doesnt have to because hes doing other things. Think he has a show on youtube and a reality show.

LOL. Please tell me any recent joint that Snoop has dropped that was HOT, I cant wait to hear this. GKMC is the best album that dropped 2012, as will go down as a classic.

LOL. Please tell me any recent joint that Snoop has dropped that was HOT, I cant wait to hear this. GKMC is the best album that dropped 2012, as will go down as a classic.

Not even going to get into a pissing contest with you. I frankly dont care if you disagree with me, Its my opinion deal with it.

Not even going to get into a pissing contest with you. I frankly dont care if you disagree with me, Its my opinion deal with it.

Its cool, were in America. That's your opinion, but I just never acually heard anyone say that he was overrated, I heard things such as, if he can continue to be dope, because their has been so many artist that were good when they dropped but tend to fall off when they get that fame, and start living that luxury life.

• Like 1

Its cool, were in America. That's your opinion, but I just never acually heard anyone say that he was overrated, I heard things such as, if he can continue to be dope, because their has been so many artist that were good when they dropped but tend to fall off when they get that fame, and start living that luxury life.

Im pretty sure very litte people are saying that now after his control verse. I like that he put the rap world on blast. I agree that he does have to sustain his career after making an album that many view as a great album. We will see. I do think he is aligned with good people. Especially since hes in TDE those guys can easily elongate each others careers and help each other out in the long run.

Such a great song.

Very good song. Love it. Thanks for posting it!

No problem. Glad you liked it.

Kid Ink - "Hell & Back"

Good song, 1up. I think the extremes of exuberance and soulfulness are captured beautifully in Spanish music. You a fan of Banhart?

And this is probably a long shot, but do you know who's covering "Ai Se Eu Te Pego" in the first 12 seconds of this video?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHCE2y1wOdo

It's been killing me!

Good song, 1up. I think the extremes of exuberance and soulfulness are captured beautifully in Spanish music. You a fan of Banhart?

And this is probably a long shot, but do you know who's covering "Ai Se Eu Te Pego" in the first 12 seconds of this video?:

It's been killing me!

Banhart is so good! Thanks for sharing.

It doesnt sound like it but it probably is the Michel Telo version. I say this because of the way the video enters he just lowered the voice and chopped it a little.