SwisherHouse

What are you listening to?

Listening to another Rammstein song - Mein Herz Brennt

Gooooood song. If you look up the lyrics translation, it's weird as hell. But damn it sounds good.

just got my radiohead in rainbows box set today. rockin disc 2.

this is my jam right now

down is definitely the new up

havent kept up with that story. did they find out how he died? OD? heart attack? did he go out like DJ screw?

sucks though, just when UGK was finally getting their just due.

i'll bump int'l players anthem for em.

super tight and ridin dirty have been in heavy rotation for over 10 yrs

right now i got this ghostface bootleg going right now. its ghost tracks produced by RZA, ayatollah, doom, pete rock, danger mouse, alchemist, get large and more.

The last I heard it was natural causes. Gotta think that purple codeine was somehow involved. These Texas rappers are dyin quick.

I hope Intl Players Anthem wins the grammy its up for. That would be something to see Bun accepting that award.

a likkle bit of everything...

MIA

Paper Planes

(so what?)

Neutral Milk Hotel

Two Headed Boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-PIoST0Odk

(suck a** claymation, but there's no official video)

Group Home

Suspended in Time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chW-_sGuOVc

B.U.M.S

Let the Music Take Your Mind

I'd like to hear some of your guys favorite bands. I doubt anyone will like any of my favortie bands like Whitechapel and Carnifex, but i like all types of music from bobby darin to rap to grindcore pretty much everything that sounds good.

Edited by Gary

quick answer is here

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?show...11&hl=music

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?show...72&hl=music

Personally I like a wide range of stuff, but my favorite is generally Metal... As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, Bullet For My Valentine, Still Remains, Haste The Day, and Diecast top my Itunes list

quick answer is here

Personally I like a wide range of stuff, but my favorite is generally Metal... As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, Bullet For My Valentine, Still Remains, Haste The Day, and Diecast top my Itunes list

Yea i'd like Bullet For My Valentines first CD there new stuff isn't as good IMO. But those are all very good bands, if a mod can bring this into what are you listening to thread that would be great.

Oh no every time a music discussion breaks out here there's way too much love for Linkin Park.

quick answer is here

Love BFMV, their my fav band along with Saliva. Weird combo i no, since their not exactly the same type of genre. I like any type of rock/metal that i can actualy understand what the singer is saying.

Oh no every time a music discussion breaks out here there's way too much love for Linkin Park.

In all honestly i reallllly don't like Linkin Park

I pretty much only listen to rock. Taking Back Sunday is my favorite band, also a big fan of Angels and Airwaves, Blink 182, Something Corporate, The Used, and My Chemical Romance. However, its not just the punk rock, I also love Foo Fighters, RHCP, I'm a big Billy Joel fan, and I also have a lot of the older hits.

I actually just started listening to this band called Disfiguring The Goddess they are some what of a underground band not a lot of people know about them.

In all honestly i reallllly don't like Linkin Park

Agreed...Aside from Meteora, most of there music is crap IMO.

My austrailian friend introduced me to "Skindred" which I have been listening to lately, most of their stuff is really good but some of it is a little too heavy for my taste.

at least every time a music thread starts I get to say home much I hate Nickleback again!!!!!

928260643mbw8.jpg

[vent]

I know no one on here has done it, because I haven't previously vented about it... but I hate when people talk negatively about music when the singer screams, whether all the time or some of the time... I'm not saying everyone should like it, nor am I trying to make someone listen to it specifically. But I was in the car with my friends. brother, and I had a band that screams on (As I Lay Dying, for those interested) and he started making fun of them, yelling DEATH DEATH KILL DEATH SUICIDE DEATH....

please do not be that guy. What he didn't realize is that they are a Christian band, and to help you understand why it ticks me off these are the particular lyrics that were on at this time... just bein screamed

Can you understand my meaning hidden in the roses around my eyes

I want you to know how much it means to have you in my life

Your love brings me close again in this instance this single moment

when our worlds collide

The wire of eternity twists around us

Now what about that is depressing in the least bit? Seriously.... I hate to use the term ignorant, but thats the way it seems.... try looking up some of the lyrics of some bands you'd think negatively about just because they scream....

again, I'm not trying to recruit someone to my type of music at all, but please have an open mind.

[/vent]

[vent]

I know no one on here has done it, because I haven't previously vented about it... but I hate when people talk negatively about music when the singer screams, whether all the time or some of the time... I'm not saying everyone should like it, nor am I trying to make someone listen to it specifically. But I was in the car with my friends. brother, and I had a band that screams on (As I Lay Dying, for those interested) and he started making fun of them, yelling DEATH DEATH KILL DEATH SUICIDE DEATH....

please do not be that guy. What he didn't realize is that they are a Christian band, and to help you understand why it ticks me off these are the particular lyrics that were on at this time... just bein screamed

Now what about that is depressing in the least bit? Seriously.... I hate to use the term ignorant, but thats the way it seems.... try looking up some of the lyrics of some bands you'd think negatively about just because they scream....

again, I'm not trying to recruit someone to my type of music at all, but please have an open mind.

[/vent]

I hear ya RSD, but i like music i can kinda not sing to necisarily, but go along with, and regardless of what the singer is singin bout, it's really hard to go along with the vocals of the songs. The music is fantastic, i love the musical gifts of a lot of the screamin bands, but i gotta take em in moderation, cuz after a while it's just too much for me personally.

I always have an In flames CD ready to pop in. Other than that I listen to a very large variety of stuff. Probably about %50 metal and the other %50 every thing else.

I hear ya RSD, but i like music i can kinda not sing to necisarily, but go along with, and regardless of what the singer is singin bout, it's really hard to go along with the vocals of the songs. The music is fantastic, i love the musical gifts of a lot of the screamin bands, but i gotta take em in moderation, cuz after a while it's just too much for me personally.

ya, i hear ya, I have alotta metalcore bands I like... (Killswitch Engage to name one) where they have plenty of singing and screaming... I just don't like when someone assumes that just because a band screams, that they're all depressing and crap

And Kinda Sorta OffTopic

but anyone that gets a chance to play any song with a really good surround sound system or a good audio system in their car turn this song up and lose urself in the magic it gives me shivers everytime it comes on in my car

Seperation by As I Lay Dying one of the best intro songs EVER