Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barbosa

Paul Millsap 2011-2012 Season Thread

203 posts in this topic

I just made a trade for Milsap to help my playoff push, how has he been playing lately? I've only checked box scores but havent seen any jazz games

Not too shabby.

19 minutes played? what's going on here.

Favors is having a big night and he's getting some extra run at the expense of Millsap.

Favors is having a big night and he's getting some extra run at the expense of Millsap.

Simply looking at minutes played over the last few games played, it looks like Favors' minutes are more of a pattern than him just getting extra run. It looks like Favors is trending upward directly at the cost of Millsap.

Simply looking at minutes played over the last few games played, it looks like Favors' minutes are more of a pattern than him just getting extra run. It looks like Favors is trending upward directly at the cost of Millsap.

Milsap is averaging 31MPG on the season. In the last 8 games he has played 35, 33, 34, 37, 39, 36, 32 (most minutes of any player on the team, 26. So aside from last night, his minutes over the last couple of weeks have gone up.

Getting millsap in the 7th is a major reason Im locked in to win my roto title this season. Absolute beast and should go early 2nd at the latest if his situation doesn't change too much next year.

Milly has sick handles for a PF looking like a 6'8" D Rose out there. He's more fluid and aggressive as the jazz make a playoff push. His all out hustle play makes him a joy to watch.

Paul Millsap (stomach virus) did not participate in shootaround and is a game-time decision on Friday against the Warriors.

This one came out of nowhere. Owners in daily leagues will have to wait for an update to see if Millsap will be able to play, and Derrick Favors would get the start if Millsap can't suit up on Friday. In three starts at forward this season, Favors is averaging 5.3 points and 7.7 rebounds in 21 minutes per game.

sorry to break the news...

no way... damnit. i lost deron wednesday, now this. playing a stacked team 1st round of the playoffs, millsap not playing is huge for me. hopefully he gets better but these bugs normally take 24 hours.

Badly need him for the next two games, championship is on the line, will pick him up next year in the 1st round if he manages to play despitr this injury.

Badly need him for the next two games, championship is on the line, will pick him up next year in the 1st round if he manages to play despitr this injury.

Would you really spend a first rounder on Millsap? My 10 team H2H league splits rebounds into OREBS and DREBS, and I'm not sure I would take him first round in that league. And I'm a big Millsap fan for what it's worth.

My 14-team league also counts OREB and REB separately, and yeah I'll use a 1st round pick for him, his durability and across the board doesn't hurt you type of production is fantasy gold.

Of course, fantasy gods like LBJ, KD, KLove should still come first.

But if we're talking about late first round, then Imho, Millsap is a legit consideration

My championship is this week and I'm thinking of dropping him as he only has two games left for me and may miss them. He's a tough guy though. Anyone see him playing before next week and just gutting it out for the playoff spot?

i had to drop - i need steals from someone too much to afford to have him miss games - i picked up gordon though - too bad though - he did great for my team -i'd definitely pick him up early 2nd round next year