Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LinceArmStrong

Zach Randolph....

Marion isn't that bad of a #1 pick for H2H. In my first year playing fantasy anything (2005), I placed 2nd and 3rd in my two H2H leagues with him. It all just depends on how you build your team and where you want to get your stats from. Drafting LeBron, Kobe, and KG doesn't guarantee you a more competetive team than having gone with Marion.

If anyone wants to see custom rankings based on season stats you can use Basketball Monster.

in a points based league?? h2h could be roto or points.....

in a points league, he would be a terrible # 1 pick....more like a # 12-20ish pick, espically with a healthy Amare. W/O Amare...different story. Then hes a top 10 player.

"in a points based league?? h2h could be roto or points.....

in a points league, he would be a terrible # 1 pick....more like a # 12-20ish pick, espically with a healthy Amare. W/O Amare...different story. Then hes a top 10 player."

Even in points based leagues, Marion is actually a top 5 pick because he contributes heavily in the rare stats like blocks and steals. Most points leagues I know put a premium on these rare stats. But it your case csquared, I don't think Marion will fair very well in your league since you put a premium on on 2pts made more than blocks. And Marion doesn't really excel in 2pts made. csquared, just a clarification, i'm not criticizing your league, but in 90% of the formats, Marion would go in the first 5 picks. Try regular 9-cat h2h, it's a lot of fun, you'll realize the value of Shawn Marion.

"in a points based league?? h2h could be roto or points.....

in a points league, he would be a terrible # 1 pick....more like a # 12-20ish pick, espically with a healthy Amare. W/O Amare...different story. Then hes a top 10 player."

Even in points based leagues, Marion is actually a top 5 pick because he contributes heavily in the rare stats like blocks and steals. Most points leagues I know put a premium on these rare stats. But it your case csquared, I don't think Marion will fair very well in your league since you put a premium on on 2pts made more than blocks. And Marion doesn't really excel in 2pts made. csquared, just a clarification, i'm not criticizing your league, but in 90% of the formats, Marion would go in the first 5 picks. Try regular 9-cat h2h, it's a lot of fun, you'll realize the value of Shawn Marion.

i know your not....thx for clarifying.

Steals in my league are the same at 2 pters made...just blocks that we only have at 1pt....you sure Marion would still be top 5?? The 05 Marion would....but last year, his numbers were really down with a healthy Amare around..

I can see how this thread is eventually going to take a turn back to the subject matter of Zach Randolph... either that or it's been THREADJACKED

Hahaha, that's how insignificant Z-Bo is for most of us I think.

i know your not....thx for clarifying.

Steals in my league are the same at 2 pters made...just blocks that we only have at 1pt....you sure Marion would still be top 5?? The 05 Marion would....but last year, his numbers were really down with a healthy Amare around..

I believe as long as Marion stays in PHX he'll be there. check out the rankings on www.basketballmonster.com check the 9-cat stats either by average or cumulative, Marion will end up number 1.

Pardon my Unbelievable statement a couple of days ago but I was that shocked to see Marion will drop 2nd round in some leagues but now I understand. My suggestion is try putting more points for stls and blks, I think it's unfair to have stls equal value with 2 points made because 2pts are maybe the easiest to come by. But this is just my opinion.

Hahaha, that's how insignificant Z-Bo is for most of us I think.

I believe as long as Marion stays in PHX he'll be there. check out the rankings on www.basketballmonster.com check the 9-cat stats either by average or cumulative, Marion will end up number 1.

Pardon my Unbelievable statement a couple of days ago but I was that shocked to see Marion will drop 2nd round in some leagues but now I understand. My suggestion is try putting more points for stls and blks, I think it's unfair to have stls equal value with 2 points made because 2pts are maybe the easiest to come by. But this is just my opinion.

No problem bro...you seem like a cool guy - look forward to discussing hoops with you.

I have been thinking of making steals 3pts, but everyone loves the league as is.....so gonna leave it for this year at least.

You should go work for some government agency as a negotiating coordinator or something.

I too believe in trading depth to stars, but I also try not to make too blatantly one sided deals, which is the case with your KG trade. How did the commissioner approve the deal, is what I'm asking, but never mind.

You are going to rip the league this season, barring injuries of course. Are you going to have playoffs this year?

Yes there will be playoffs and yes the KG deal was a total rip.

Yes there will be playoffs and yes the KG deal was a total rip.

In that case, I would consider trading for good playoff schedule.