Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blue Eyes White Dragon

Should I drop Mike Miller?

Should I drop Miller? The Grizz' sked isn't that good, and there is a good chance that he is done.

Potential pickups include Nate Robinson, Steve Blake, Jarrett Jack, Damien Wilkins, Brevin Knight, and Mike Pietrus.

I need the threes, but if he's not gonna play, it's useless. My opponent is extremely strong in the guard position and DNP's from any of my guards would be devastating.

Yeah, I think you're safe dropping him. It sounds unlikely that he's coming back this year...based on the extent of his injury (patella tendonitis in both knees) and what they're saying out of Memphis. They're talking about him not playing again this year. And couple this with their push to give time and develop their young players....Rudy Gay and now Tarence Kinsey. I don't think Memphis has any reason to put Miller on the court again this Year. they want to see what they have with these 2 young wing players. So, if there's somebody who can help you, pick them up. BAsed on what you said...it sounds like Brevin Knight might be helpful...plenty of assists and some steals, if you can stomach his FG%.

Also..have you thought about picking up Linas Kleiza or JR SMith (if available), both get you some 3's. Also, Walter Herrmann? Playing real well right now. Not a guard, and gives you some of the big man stats (good FG%), but he's scoring 20 a game and getting 1.5 3's for the past month. Someone to consider. But, as you metioned Nate Robinson may be good for 3's. Also Jannero Pargo might be worht a look. And is Peja Stojakovic on the waiver wire. He's due back any day now.

Yeah, I think you're safe dropping him. It sounds unlikely that he's coming back this year...based on the extent of his injury (patella tendonitis in both knees) and what they're saying out of Memphis. They're talking about him not playing again this year. And couple this with their push to give time and develop their young players....Rudy Gay and now Tarence Kinsey. I don't think Memphis has any reason to put Miller on the court again this Year. they want to see what they have with these 2 young wing players. So, if there's somebody who can help you, pick them up. BAsed on what you said...it sounds like Brevin Knight might be helpful...plenty of assists and some steals, if you can stomach his FG%.

Thanks. I probably will, because of the tough matchup mainly. I don't think I can win with a useless roster spot in a daily league. I need the threes, though, so I might run with Nate Robinson. Francis won't be back for a while it seems and the Knicks have a decent schedule. However if Francis DOES return, his value is shot.

I could also run with Knight, as I also have Felton and G. Wallace on my team. The problem is that he is quite erratic. I concede that I do need the assists, though. The opponent has Nash, Barbosa, Paul and Ellis, however, so the extra stats might turn out to be meaningless as my PG's are Bibby, Felton, J. Williams, and Rondo.

Kinsey, Hermann, Kleiza and Smith are unavailable....and Gay is on my team. B)

You are safe to drop Miller. He was dropped in one of my leagues and cleared waivers. I think I may be the only one in a dumb H-2-H league where games played aren't a factor, but I'm on the Jason Hart bandwagon. He's been impressive the last couple of games. The Clips only go twice this league, but five games next week is money.