phillies2626

Tim Lincecum 2012 Season Outlook

i'm going to actually try and buy low in my league. he is so out of whack right now. i don't blame owners for frustration or panic, but ive been playing this game for a long time and my gut says to send out some feelers

i'm going to actually try and buy low in my league. he is so out of whack right now. i don't blame owners for frustration or panic, but ive been playing this game for a long time and my gut says to send out some feelers

He had a stretch like this last year and the year before. Looks way out of whack mechanically. Obviously, there could be a physical issue, as is a possibility with any pitcher. But I think he'll get it turned around. His mechanics can go haywire so easily, I think it's one of those stretches.

He had a stretch like this last year and the year before. Looks way out of whack mechanically. Obviously, there could be a physical issue, as is a possibility with any pitcher. But I think he'll get it turned around. His mechanics can go haywire so easily, I think it's one of those stretches.

I don't know....all the comments about the slider hurting his elbow really raised my eyebrows and now he's struggling. I've been a big Lincecum fan since he came into the league and I really think that he's either going through a dead arm period or just hurt.

• Like 1

I don't know....all the comments about the slider hurting his elbow really raised my eyebrows and now he's struggling. I've been a big Lincecum fan since he came into the league and I really think that he's either going through a dead arm period or just hurt.

If he is in some pain I'm sure we'll hear about in the post game.

well arent you cool

Cool and right.

At least Lincecum is not on the hook for the loss... Put me in the sincerely worried camp, though.

Edited by ckunkle

well arent you cool

It's nothing personal. It has nothing to do with being 'cool'. These threads tend to get sidetracked enough with various debates. It doesn't need to get overloaded with folks asking blatant wsis questions. Because then folks answer you and more folks start doing it in other threads. There's a subforum for a reason. Use it. Lots of folks over there help out and if you help out you'll get a big response.

Your hijacking was crap and it hurts the forum. And you know it.

Getting back on track, I'm strongly in the panic camp. Something hasn't been right with him for some time. And now I believe something REALLY isn't right. I don't even want to buy low on him.

Edited by AnonymousRob

Getting back on track, I'm strongly in the panic camp. Something hasn't been right with him for some time. And now I believe something REALLY isn't right. I don't even want to buy low on him.

Yeah, I'm not buying low on a guy that is this far off from his norm. Lincecum is a great pitcher, albeit a guy that is really unconventional.

If it's mechanical then he might be able to fix it, but it's not like Dave Raghetti (sp?) can just line him out. No other pitcher in the world does what he does.

If it's an injury, then he could be out for some time. I don't want to trade for an injured guy.

He's a guy that can't get people out with his fastball and can't throw his slider. You can only throw so many changeups. Changeups are just that....a change of pace. It's a complimentary pitch. Without a fastball, the changeup loses a lot of its effectiveness.

EIther way, I see a DL stint in his near future. The Giants aren't going to keep throwing him out there when he's this bad.

Give me a start not in coors and Arizona and I'll be worried. Trying my best tto stay cool with him now though.

Does anyone know why he stopped throwing his curve a few years ago?

This game is going to be a Coors classic....

Give me a start not in coors and Arizona and I'll be worried. Trying my best tto stay cool with him now though.

I think his struggles have a lot more to do with his pitching than his opponent. He has had two tough assignments, but the lack of velocity and slider is the issue.

Guys, just relax. If you've had Timmy in the past, you know he has bouts of ineffectiveness. Yes it's a terrible start. Yes it's frustrating. But don't forget he goes on tears where he is unhittable. He'll right the ship, it's just rocky right now.

Edited by BigPapi44

I think the magic is over for the freak. Rock bottom coming. Cant throw the slider anymore, lost some velo.... arm problems creeping in. Hope you had him while things were great.

I think the magic is over for the freak. Rock bottom coming. Cant throw the slider anymore, lost some velo.... arm problems creeping in. Hope you had him while things were great.

What arm problems are you referring to?

I feel like this exact same thing happened a year or two ago where everyone thought the same thing thats going on right now. It's hard not to be worried when you invested a high pick on him but FWIW i think it's either his mechanics or dead arm.

There's no game thread so I'll throw it in this, 16-7 COL after 6 and MLBAM stopped working in the 5th inning - probably couldn't handle all the offense in the game...

the giants are hitting this year. adding melky cabrera was great. but now their pitching does not look good. if they could hit like this last year that would have been great. I think lincecum wants out of the giants organization.

Its the haircut. I hope he saved some of the hair that was cut and maybe he can glue it back.

The first triple Cargo hit off Lincecum was @ 92. I would love to know what Lincecum does far as conditioning during the off season to remain strong and fit. I bring this up because when your velocity continues to drop and there's no injury what's the cause of the lost velocity? Some say his mechanics may be off, but his body has been a rubberband since he was what, 7? ( I think he could pitch in his sleep) Another thing you have to at least ponder is how dedicated he is right now, considering what all he's accomplished so fast in his Big league career. I guess there is the Hall of Fame and several more million to make, and maybe another world championship or two, but if his career ends tomorrow, he's been pretty damn awesome, IMO. I know it may be hard for some of you to believe, but some of these guys just lose interest and focus, thinking they have nothing else to prove. Of course that wasn't the case when he was called up to the Big leagues.

• Like 1