Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Czar

The Rules are Simple!

- If you want to participate, just reply to this thread with the player you think should be ranked next on the draft list

- Rank the nba players based on a Single-Season, Traditional 9-catagory Fantasy League (either H2H or Roto)

- Each player needs 5 votes to be ranked (1-36), 4 votes to be ranked (37-84), and 3 votes to be ranked (84+)

- If you are the final deciding voter for a particular player, it's your duty to start the next thread, name it "#2" or "#18" or whichever # the NEXT pick is. in the body of the thread, copy/paste these directions along with an updated rankings list!

- You can vote ON BEHALF of others! Just cite a previous thread where any member voted for a player, and you can carry over thier vote to make the process faster! (please be specific when doing this). This also means you should be careful who you vote for, any of your votes can be quoted and used against you later!

1. Shawn Marion

2. Kobe Bryant

3. Kevin Garnett

4. LeBron James

5. Gilbert Arenas

6. Dirk Nowitzki

7. Steve Nash

8. Amare Stoudemire

9. Yao Ming

10. Dwyane Wade

11. Pau Gasol

12. Tim Duncan

13. Jason Kidd

14. Chris Paul

15. Josh Smith

16. Rashard Lewis

17. Chris Bosh

18. Allen Iverson

19. Vince Carter

20. Paul Pierce

21. Ray Allen

22. Marcus Camby

23. Andre Iguodala

24. Tracy McGrady

25. Chauncey Billups

26. Deron Williams

27. Caron Butler

28. Michael Redd

29. Gerald Wallace

30. Carlos Boozer

31. Joe Johnson

32. Carmelo Anthony

33. Josh Howard

34. Kirk Hinrich

35. Dwight Howard

36. Al Jefferson

37. Jermaine O'Neal

38. Baron Davis

39. Antawn Jamison

40. Jason Richardson

41. Emeka Okafor

42. Kevin Martin

43. Luol Deng

44. Brandon Roy

45. Leandro Barbosa

46. Manu Ginobli

47. Mike Miller

48. Mehmet Okur

49. Ron Artest

50. Tyson Chandler

51. Tony Parker

52. Kevin Durant

53. Jason Terry

54. Raymond Felton

55. Lamar Odom

56. Rasheed Wallace

57. David West

58. Ben Gordon

59. Mike Bibby

60. Ricky Davis

61. Mo Williams

62. LaMarcus Aldridge

63. Corey Maggette

64. AK47

65. Monta Ellis

66. Samuel Dalembert

67. Richard Jefferson

68. TJ Ford

69. Andre Miller

70. Rip Hamilton

71. Shane Battier

72. Al Harrington

73. Starbury

74. Granger

75. Randy Foye

76. Zach Randolph

77. Ben Wallace

78. Rajon Rondo

79. Andris Biedrins

80. Rudy Gay

81. Josh Childress

82.???

David Lee - 2 (jpug, csquared)

Brad Miller - 2 (7331T)

Delonte West - 1 (teamshameless)

Tayshaun Prince - 3 (thefantasyczar, nickyd82, Yaz)

Raja Bell- 1 (Markdash)

Zydrunas Ilgauskas - 1 (rotoking07)

Luis Scola- 1 (gorocketsgo)

I didn't tally everyone in the other thread, so if it wasn't updated, please repost and I will edit. Thanks.

Raja Bell!

43.2%

77.6%

2.6 3PTM

14.7 PPG

3.2 RPG

2.5 APG

0.6 SPG

0.3 BPG

1.1 TO/G

Going with Tayshaun Prince here.

Rock solid stat stuffer that avg. more in accumulated stats per game than a lot of guys already taken. Not the most attractive pick, but you know what you are getting and at #82, a solid pick. 14-6-3, with minimal TO's, 1 three, a few blocks and steals and a decent %. Roto gold. At the end of the year, he will probably end up ranking much higher than 82 in most scoring formats.

Raja Bell!

43.2%

77.6%

2.6 3PTM

14.7 PPG

3.2 RPG

2.5 APG

0.6 SPG

0.3 BPG

1.1 TO/G

I like the Bell pick here for roto. I just wish he filled more categories, but I will still draft him if I miss 3's early.

I like the Bell pick here for roto. I just wish he filled more categories, but I will still draft him if I miss 3's early.

I've been picking under the assumption of a roto league the entire time, so I'm not going to go back on it with pick #82.

Still, even in H2H you could do worse at #82 than Bell--what is that, the end of the 7th round?

i also like Prince and bell here, but I'll stick with West. Just for comparison's sake. Look at Prince's numbers compaired to Battier's numbers. (or Bell's for that matter)

Seems to me that Battier should be the one going after either of those two.

Not off to a good start here. Lots of options out there. Zydrunas Ilgauskas. I mentioned him in the last thread, and I'm going to take him here.

Ooo.. good pick selection with The Prince, hard to pass up that kind of consistency, but I'm a man of my word:

Brad Miller.

I suspect 14 ppg, 7-8 rpg, 4-5 apg, 50 % from the field, good FT %, a three and a block. Decent stats from a second to third Center in either an H2H or a roto league. Only concerns are health and the me-first personalities of Bibby and Artest. Its not too bold to consider him the best passer and the leading assister for Cs in the L.

i also like Prince and bell here, but I'll stick with West. Just for comparison's sake. Look at Prince's numbers compaired to Battier's numbers. (or Bell's for that matter)

Seems to me that Battier should be the one going after either of those two.

Okay!

Bell:

43.2%

77.6%

2.6 3PTM

14.7 PPG

3.2 RPG

2.5 APG

0.6 SPG

0.3 BPG

1.1 TO/G

Prince:

46.0%

76.8%

1.0 3PTM

14.3 PPG

5.2 RPG

2.8 APG

0.6 SPG

0.7 BPG

1.2 TO/G

So basically it's a wash in most categories (Prince shoots better from the floor but he's a F, so that's to be expected, and he blocks a little more), but Prince averages a couple more rebounds and Bell averages 1.5 more threes.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I will trade 2 RPG for 1.5 threes any day of the week.

I don't like Bell so much with the addition of Grant Hill. Seems to be getting crowded, Bell, Diaw, Hill, Barbosa, Banks. I'm switching to Tayshaun here.

I wasn't saying compare prince to bell. I like both those guys and agree, i'd probably take bell first. I am going with West because of upside which neither of those guys have much of.

I was saying compare either of their stats to Battier's. I'd probably take either of them over him or at least very close to him.

10ppg just isn't going to cut it on my team unless you are making a serious stink someplace else.

I've been picking under the assumption of a roto league the entire time, so I'm not going to go back on it with pick #82.

Still, even in H2H you could do worse at #82 than Bell--what is that, the end of the 7th round?

No, I agree. I am saying that I like your pick. I have no problem taking Bell at #82. I have been picking all along as a roto league as well. I just think that Tayshaun fills the stats up a little more. half a block, 2 boards and 3% points higher = 1.5 threes? It's tough to tell. If I have threes already, I take Prince. If I need threes, I'm taking Bell is all. It's a solid pick though.

The big problem with Bell is Grant Hill. His team is stacked. Prince's minutes and role are rock solid. Based on numbers alone, I'll take Bell. He just gives me something I can hold on two. He might come up big on Sunday with 3 tres for example (i'm more of a h2h guy).

Prince is part of the core of his team. His numbers are going no where and he isn't getting traded.

My hope is that West will give me numbers pretty similar to either of them in the beginning of the season and then by mid january or Feb start posting numbers that are closer to top 50 than top 80. it's risky though. No question.

The big problem with Bell is Grant Hill. His team is stacked. Prince's minutes and role are rock solid. Based on numbers alone, I'll take Bell. He just gives me something I can hold on two. He might come up big on Sunday with 3 tres for example (i'm more of a h2h guy).

Prince is part of the core of his team. His numbers are going no where and he isn't getting traded.

My hope is that West will give me numbers pretty similar to either of them in the beginning of the season and then by mid january or Feb start posting numbers that are closer to top 50 than top 80. it's risky though. No question.

I don't even know where West fits into their plans though. They still have Ridnour and Earl Watson don't they? That seems like a crowded PG spot to me. If he is the clear starter and gets 35 minutes, then yeah, he will be a great fantasy option, but I just don't think it is likely at this point. Could be a 3 headed fantasy nightmare there.

I guess I'm not worried about Grant Hill. They obviously are not going to give him major minutes so that he can remain healthy and at high energy. I would estimate about 20 minutes per game, which could go up with an injury to a regular. So Bell is fighting for minutes with Nash and Barbosa in the backcourt (estimate 35 mins for Nash, another 30-ish for Barbosa, which would still leave about 30 minutes for Bell) or with Grant Hill and Marion at SF (Marion can toggle between SF and PF, though, which can free up some SF minutes if they decide to go small).

I guess I'm not worried about Grant Hill. They obviously are not going to give him major minutes so that he can remain healthy and at high energy. I would estimate about 20 minutes per game, which could go up with an injury to a regular. So Bell is fighting for minutes with Nash and Barbosa in the backcourt (estimate 35 mins for Nash, another 30-ish for Barbosa, which would still leave about 30 minutes for Bell) or with Grant Hill and Marion at SF (Marion can toggle between SF and PF, though, which can free up some SF minutes if they decide to go small).

Here's my problem with the Suns adding Hill. Bell averaged 37.4 min/g last year. Good for 22nd in the league. He put up his middle of the pack stats with those minutes. If you take away 7 min/g and a few touches included I could see his stats dropping dramatically.

Here's my problem with the Suns adding Hill. Bell averaged 37.4 min/g last year. Good for 22nd in the league. He put up his middle of the pack stats with those minutes. If you take away 7 min/g and a few touches included I could see his stats dropping dramatically.

Here are the differences in the Suns' roster from last year:

-Kurt Thomas 18.0 mpg

-James Jones 18.1 mpg

+Grant Hill

+Alando Tucker

+D.J. Strawberry

I still don't see a problem. Do you think those 36 minutes per game are all going to be made up by the newcomers? Will they give more minutes to the scrubs that have stayed on the roster? At any rate, I doubt Bell is going to lose more than a minute or two per game based on the above changes.

I don't even know where West fits into their plans though. They still have Ridnour and Earl Watson don't they? That seems like a crowded PG spot to me. If he is the clear starter and gets 35 minutes, then yeah, he will be a great fantasy option, but I just don't think it is likely at this point. Could be a 3 headed fantasy nightmare there.

West will play the 2 guard spot which he did quite well in Boston. The only person in front of him is Wally and I don't see an aging injured throw in as a big problem. As I said before, either Ridnour or Watson (as well as Wally) will be gone by January. If West can log 27 mpg to start the season, I think he'll be at 35 by the end. Plus he does something that no one under 6-8 on the Sonics can do (and possibly no one over 6-8 either). He can play lock down defense. Ridnour and Wally are both flat out liabilities on D and Watson plays OK defense against smaller guards, but he is far from versitle. Durrant will likely end up as a great defender, but he will only have two choices this season. Play soft on the ball or live with consistant foul trouble.

Just seems like there isn't anyone on the team (at the 2 or 1) that they have made a bigger investment in than West and he'll easily dismiss the competition. His biggest issue will be holding value through a period of trade showcasing that will invevitably happen.

I thought my rotoworld is gostrosgo but wtvr i guess ya;ll could change it to gotexansgo for now then in about Feb...after the Texans win the Superbowl u could change it the Rockets then in June when they win the NBA CHampionship we could change it to my original name gostrosgo in time for the Stros to win the championship (the cycle should continue for decades)

I agree Raja Bell takes the biggest hit with the Grant Hill acquisition, that is assuming Hill will be able to play 70% of their total games.

I would like to vote for Rajon Rondo.

Stat stuffer, I know he's not proven but even if he sucks shooting the ball we are assured that he will get lots of time on the floor and his steals are valuable.

now im confused.....dont you mean "points" leagues??? You can have a 9/9 h2h category league, which would still be the same as roto....right?

now im confused.....dont you mean "points" leagues??? You can have a 9/9 h2h category league, which would still be the same as roto....right?

Do you mean that his value would be equal in H2H as in roto? Because that's not what I'm saying.

It's possible to punt cats in h2h and still win, whereas in roto it's impossible to do that, meaning that guys like Bell who contribute strongly to 3PTM and have low TO are very valuable.

This has been a real tough one, and since I couldn't decide I am going to come out of nowhere with this pick. Tyrus Thomas. I am going to stretch for him in almost all my drafts because if he gets the PT he could be the steal of all drafts.

Do you mean that his value would be equal in H2H as in roto? Because that's not what I'm saying.

It's possible to punt cats in h2h and still win, whereas in roto it's impossible to do that, meaning that guys like Bell who contribute strongly to 3PTM and have low TO are very valuable.

i got ya...cause in a straight pts league like i do, a guy like bell has little value...funny, cause he actually plays 37mpg