Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yaz

The Rules are Simple!

- If you want to participate, just reply to this thread with the player you think should be ranked next on the draft list

- Rank the nba players based on a Single-Season, Traditional 9-catagory Fantasy League (either H2H or Roto)

- Each player needs 5 votes to be ranked (1-36), 4 votes to be ranked (37-84), and 3 votes to be ranked (84+)

- If you are the final deciding voter for a particular player, it's your duty to start the next thread, name it "#2" or "#18" or whichever # the NEXT pick is. in the body of the thread, copy/paste these directions along with an updated rankings list!

- You can vote ON BEHALF of others! Just cite a previous thread where any member voted for a player, and you can carry over thier vote to make the process faster! (please be specific when doing this). This also means you should be careful who you vote for, any of your votes can be quoted and used against you later!

1. Shawn Marion

2. Kobe Bryant

3. Kevin Garnett

4. LeBron James

5. Gilbert Arenas

6. Dirk Nowitzki

7. Steve Nash

8. Amare Stoudemire

9. Yao Ming

10. Dwyane Wade

11. Pau Gasol

12. Tim Duncan

13. Jason Kidd

14. Chris Paul

15. Josh Smith

16. Rashard Lewis

17. Chris Bosh

18. Allen Iverson

19. Vince Carter

20. Paul Pierce

21. Ray Allen

22. Marcus Camby

23. Andre Iguodala

24. Tracy McGrady

25. Chauncey Billups

26. Deron Williams

27. Caron Butler

28. Michael Redd

29. Gerald Wallace

30. Carlos Boozer

31. Joe Johnson

32. Carmelo Anthony

33. Josh Howard

34. Kirk Hinrich

35. Dwight Howard

36. Al Jefferson

37. Jermaine O'Neal

38. Baron Davis

39. Antawn Jamison

40. Jason Richardson

41. Emeka Okafor

42. Kevin Martin

43. Luol Deng

44. Brandon Roy

45. Leandro Barbosa

46. Manu Ginobli

47. Mike Miller

48. Mehmet Okur

49. Ron Artest

50. Tyson Chandler

51. Tony Parker

52. Kevin Durant

53. Jason Terry

54. Raymond Felton

55. Lamar Odom

56. Rasheed Wallace

57. David West

58. Ben Gordon

59. Mike Bibby

60. Ricky Davis

61. Mo Williams

62. LaMarcus Aldridge

63. Corey Maggette

64. AK47

65. Monta Ellis

66. Samuel Dalembert

67. Richard Jefferson

68. TJ Ford

69. Andre Miller

70. Rip Hamilton

71. Shane Battier

72. Al Harrington

73. Starbury

74. Granger

75. Randy Foye

76. Zach Randolph

77. Ben Wallace

78. Rajon Rondo

79. Andris Biedrins

80. Rudy Gay

81. Josh Childress

82. Tayshaun Prince

83. ??

David Lee - 2 (jpug, csquared)

Raja Bell- 3 (Markdash, thefantasyczar, cesquhino)

Brad Miller - 2 (nickyd82, 7331T)

Nene - 1 (Yaz)

Delonte West - 1 (teamshameless)

Zydrunas Ilgauskas - 1 (rotoking07)

Tyrus Thomas - 1 (mustachetoes)

Jeff Green - 1 (willj)

Stephen Jackson - 1 (iokona)

Luis Scola- 1 (gorocketsgo)

I didn't tally everyone in the other thread, so if it wasn't updated, please repost and I will edit. Thanks (still relevant - yaz).

the suns' coach didnt play his players till death. the players themselves request to play longer even when they has a big lead. Last time they had a big lead and they almost blew it when the starters were on the bench, that was y they kept playing.

one day if bell couldnt shoot that $ ball, he might not hv his PT guranteed. the sun's uptempo offense is designed to shoot more 3's than usual. Grant hill cant shoot lotta 3's. i also think that hill messed up orlando whenever he played too. hill can be useful when it comes to playoffs or when suns need some quick points if his back knee or whatever didnt break on him. hill will probably run like an 80 yr old when you compare him to barbosa on a fastbreak.

btw, we wont see what bell did to kobe from hill (chocked his neck). dont forget bell is there to play D even suns care the D less than O.

if hill gonna start and AK47 is traded for marion.. i will vomit.

PG nash

SG hill

SF ak47

PF diaw?

C amare

and when nash is DNP and amare fouled out early

we will have

PG barbosa

SG hill

SF ak47/bell

PF Diaw/ jones??

C sean mark? Burke?? Diaw??

vomit vomit vomit

well. at least there is a big chance that hill will avg 10+ points in the suns' system and now we will have 2 black holds in phoenix - amare and hill.

I'm not sure where the Marion for AK stuff came from. I can't see why the Suns would do that. AK and Marion and basically the same player except Marion is better (or at least a LOT healthier) and I believe paid less. I don't see any logic there.

I agree that Bell's defense means that he will clearly remain the starter and get the majority of minutes. Little question there. The problem is that Hill could have a minor negative effect on Bell and from a fantasy standpoint Bell doesn't have much breathing room. 3 fewer minutes per game. 2 fewer points and 1 less tre and Bell is waiver material in a 10 team league (possibly 12). Also, Hill will start to have a larger roll toward the end of the season, when you will need Bell the most (at least in h2h)

Which brings me back to Delonte West. He is in a similar position to Bell, but his destiny is much more dependent on how he plays, not how those around him play. Plus, it seems pretty obvious that Seattle is going to try to make moves to make West a bigger part of the team. Will they actually be able to pull it off? Will they go so far as to buy out Wally's contract? Will they be able to get good value for Ridnour or Watson this season? Who knows, but at least it seems pretty clear that is their goal.

I think Bell is a fine pick here, because at the end of the day, I think he will keep his minutes and his role, but he has 0 upside. His numbers will not be any better than last season and they could be worse. West could end up having a transition year where his numbers aren't that great, but if things work out, he could put up top 50 numbers. His worst case scenario is a little worse than Bell's, but it doesn't matter much because neither of them will be good enough to keep them off of waivers if they have a bad season. Only West has the potential to put up real impact numbers.

Worst case scenario for both of them is that they will end up on waivers. West's best case scenario is way higher than Bells.

My vote is Jeff Green

With regards to the AK Marion Rumor, what in the heck is STEVE KERR THINKING OFF???? First they trade their 23rd pick which turned out to be Rudy Fernandez to PTB for CASH! Second They also give up Kurt Thomas (who is in the last year of his contract) for Cash! And now they are trying to acquire PJ Brown?

I know the Suns are cost cutting but these moves they are making are plain STUPID! I'm not a Suns fan, but like every NBA fan, I want Phoenix to succeed because of their style pf play. I know Steve Kerr is also not the one to blame because he is only getting orders to cut cost, but still Kerr sucks because he's the only one I can blame! He is better off going back to TNT with his Steve Wonders

seems like we could easily run into the same problem with this pick as the last (not being able to find 4 people to vote for any of these options or one of the options that are probably going to be posted in the next 5 hours.

With that in mind, of the above list I rank them as follows.

West

Bell

Nene

I'm not voteing for anyone else at 83 or 84, but hopefully, I won't need to.

Zydrunas Ilgauskas is my choice here. Nene is very appealing, but with his being criticized for not hustling at the Olympic qualifiers and his recent apparent calf strain, I'm leery of his hustle, and as always his durability. He is in a nice spot if Cotton Camby goes down yet again, but oddly enough I like the more stable recent health of the ZMan, whose foot I now trust after all these years. I'll take his 11-7 with good %s and low TOs and 1.5+ BLKs here, and have faith that Gooden and Sideshow Bob won't take too much PT from the ZMan.

I've updated the votes. This AK47 trade request needs it's own thread so this one stays on topic. So here:

AK47 asks for trade thread

Thank you. I agree

seems like we could easily run into the same problem with this pick as the last (not being able to find 4 people to vote for any of these options or one of the options that are probably going to be posted in the next 5 hours.

With that in mind, of the above list I rank them as follows.

West

Bell

Nene

I'm not voteing for anyone else at 83 or 84, but hopefully, I won't need to.

We should give it some more time before we do that. The last thread lasted forever and was up to 40 posts, so we needed to move it along. This one is still early.

Maybe we should do something like cap it at 15 votes (we are at 11 now) and then do a poll on the top vote getters at that time or something. So after 4 more votes, we do a poll with Lee, Miller, West, Bell or whoever the top 2-3 vote getters are at that time and first one to 5 votes gets the pick. It would also give guys a chance to fill included that went with sleepers early instead of having to wait 20 more picks to vote again. Just a thought.

Mustache Toes picked Tyrus Thomas last round, so we should add him to the list up above.

Come on, teamshameless, you are being totally disingenuous regarding Delonte West.

His downside is not "just a little worse than Raja Bell," it's "stuck in a hellish timeshare with Ridnour/Watson at PG and Green at SG." I could easily see a season of 10p 4a with a three, which is not nearly as good as what Bell accomplishes.

Now, if you want to draft him on the upside, fine. I just wouldn't do it.

Looks like i missed a long thread last night!

I'm not going to comment on all opinions because i would be writing all day long, but i have to say that i was waiting for Raja Bell to appear since early 70s. I really think he is underrated in fantasyland.

Of course, he depends absolutely on the 3 point shot to be valuable, and if you don't need 3s there's no sense on drafting him, but it's easily obtainable even later than the 9th round (by the way, in 10 team leagues, we would be in the early 9th right now), and he finished 67th based in averages and 52nd in totals at basketballmonster.com including TOs.

Also, i don't think the presence of Grant Hill in Phoenix hurts his value. They play very different games. Bell gives the Suns deffense and toughness, which there's no way Hill can give them. Bell is the only backcourt player capable of doing this, and they really need it since Nash (who i really admire) is not deffending even my grandma.

So yes, sign me as a Raja Bell voter, please.

Come on, teamshameless, you are being totally disingenuous regarding Delonte West.

His downside is not "just a little worse than Raja Bell," it's "stuck in a hellish timeshare with Ridnour/Watson at PG and Green at SG." I could easily see a season of 10p 4a with a three, which is not nearly as good as what Bell accomplishes.

Now, if you want to draft him on the upside, fine. I just wouldn't do it.

#1 Green is an SF. Maybe i am wrong on this but i do not see him logging any time at sg. If anyone is going to be buried its him.

#2 The reason why I think their downside is similar is because they are both going to be on waivers in most leagues if they have bad seasons. Raja might be good enough to get picked up for a week or so at at time, but over all, he'll have no trade value. (assuming his worst case scenario of course) West could be in a worse situation than that, but who cares? I don't care how not good enough a player is once I drop him to waivers.

All of that said. I'm switching my vote to Raja Bell. that makes four. Woo Woo. let's move on to the next stalemate! B)