Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robrain

Peyton Manning 2012 Season Outlook

459 posts in this topic

So, what teams are likely to be in the running for Peyton Manning if he's released / traded by the Colts?

And yeah, I did it - first 2012 Season Outlook thread! (I think)

So, what teams are likely to be in the running for Peyton Manning if he's released / traded by the Colts?

And yeah, I did it - first 2012 Season Outlook thread! (I think)

Colts said they wouldn't trade him and they really can't because of the salary cap. If released, you have to figure the Redskins and the Jets would be heavy suitors, although I don't know much about their respective caps. Maybe Baltimore if Flacco flames out this weekend....

Colts said they wouldn't trade him and they really can't because of the salary cap. If released, you have to figure the Redskins and the Jets would be heavy suitors, although I don't know much about their respective caps. Maybe Baltimore if Flacco flames out this weekend....

The Jets seem like the last place a guy like Manning would decide to go. That place is a mess, fractured locker room, blow hard of a coach...seems like a reach. I could see Washington making a run and I seem to recall seeing his name linked with Arizona, Seattle and possibly San Fran as well.

I think Manning ends up released, I cant imagine the team will have enough info to determine if hes healthy enough to give all that money. I also think that letting Caldwell go is probably a sign they are trending in that direction, theres no allegiance from the new GM or whoever the new coach is which would make parting that much easier.

I'd like to see him go to San Francisco, if not that then Arizona. How about them Dolphins? I haven't heard anybody mention the Dolphins.

I have zero idea about the cap space for any team though.

I would love to see him go to Arizona personally. Would be tempting to draft Fitzgerald #1 WR, even with Calvin Johnson being a juggernaut. Especially if they got another good WR to run opposite Fitzgerald, i.e. a Desean Jackson type. Running game could be an afterthought, heck, they could bring Hightower back since he's a good blocker / pass catcher.

Retiring?

At least according to Rob Lowe.

http://deadspin.com/...eports-rob-lowe

If Rob Lowe nails this (like the girl from the Demo Convention in 88'), then he will have the leg up on everyone from BSPN! He will become a must follow on Twitter! He can quit Parks and Receration......

Somehow, I doubt it....

I heard that Peyton was going to try to pull a Jordan Palmer and sign with the Giants to back up Eli.

Ok, I may have just made that up, but it'd be comedy of the highest order.

What the hell, Bobby?

Multiple sources tell the Indianapolis Star that in-house assistant Jim Tressel is expected to be interviewed for the Colts' head-coaching vacancy.

The Star allows that the interview "could not be confirmed." Tressel, 59, served as the Colts' replay consultant in 2011 after being fired as Ohio State's head coach. It was Tressel's first experience with any kind of NFL job.

What the hell, Bobby?

Multiple sources tell the Indianapolis Star that in-house assistant Jim Tressel is expected to be interviewed for the Colts' head-coaching vacancy.

The Star allows that the interview "could not be confirmed." Tressel, 59, served as the Colts' replay consultant in 2011 after being fired as Ohio State's head coach. It was Tressel's first experience with any kind of NFL job.

He'd most likely be a disaster......The Vest needs to be coaching Akron, not a professional football team....

Dolphins expected to pursue him should he become available. Imagine what that can do to Marshall's value.

Peyton Manning anywhere that he has an actual coach and doesn;t have to call his own plays would be NUTS.

Not to mention Miami has a run defense, something the colts never had, so Peyton would get to see the field as much as the other QBs in the league and not watch the opposition kill 12 minutes of clock time each quarter because the colts defense is laughable.

I can't imagine Peyton going to a dysfunctional franchise with no shot at a championship in the foreseable future. Means no Redskins. The Jets would be intriguing, since he never had a defense that even comes close to the Jets D. On the other hand I just don't see him meshing well with Ryan, and playing in the same city as his brother also seems a no go.

My money is on the 49ers as his next destination. There is no better place to have a shot at multiple championships before his career is over. Miami is a distant second, although having a Manning vs. Brady battle at least twice a season sounds quite appealing.

Dunno. Before a week ago or so I thought it was certain he'd return. I'm not so sure at this point. The tea leaves as of late seem to have him seriously considering retirement. Being cowardly as I am, I'd certainly be thinking about it. I've got a pile of cash, a ring, and a lucrative lifetime career as an analyst, front office guy, whatever I want to do. That vs possibly being paralyzed on the next violent hit.

We all know Peyton has his routines and likes to be out of the spotlight that comes in a major market but doesn't the spotlight tend to follow him because he is Peyton Manning?

Lots of interesting possibilities out there.

San Fran, AZ, Seattle. Any team out west really due to it being out of ESPNs scope, so to speak. I don't think the Jets are in play at all since most of the info on the topic came from Ryan speculating in an interview and Woody being softballed the brain teaser "Do you want Peyton if he is available?"

Miami can't compete right now in their division.

Personally I would love to see him go to San Francisco and see him get a ring or two before he's 40.

That Jim Irsay guy is a loudmouth. No professionalism from that guy, always tweeting, talking, posting, etc.

Irsay wants to be a personality like Jerry Jones and it shows. Manning carried a team through over a decade where they never had a defense, dominant run game, or a deep pool of WR's. Manning goes down and the Colts were on the verge of shattering the record for ineptitude.

Irsay should give him 50 million dollars just for having to watch defenses carry other QBs through horrendous playoff games, and be forced to sit on the side lines for 10 minutes a quarter while the defense gets run on. Peyton is the best QB ever and this owner is a joke. I think Miami would be a great landing spot for him, but im praying the NYJ make a major play so I can watch this guy play every sunday.

But wouldn't it be fun to watch. I team with a good defense that actually has a good QB, something that is so rare. I'd really like to see him a 49er though. Though Peyton to Brandon Marshall would be very nice as well.