Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rando

The Rules are Simple!

- If you want to participate, just reply to this thread with the player you think should be ranked next on the draft list

- Rank the nba players based on a Single-Season, Traditional 9-catagory Fantasy League (either H2H or Roto)

- Each player needs 5 votes to be ranked (1-36), 4 votes to be ranked (37-84), and 3 votes to be ranked (84+)

- If you are the final deciding voter for a particular player, it's your duty to start the next thread, name it "#2" or "#18" or whichever # the NEXT pick is. in the body of the thread, copy/paste these directions along with an updated rankings list!

- You can vote ON BEHALF of others! Just cite a previous thread where any member voted for a player, and you can carry over thier vote to make the process faster! (please be specific when doing this). This also means you should be careful who you vote for, any of your votes can be quoted and used against you later!

1. Shawn Marion

2. Kobe Bryant

3. Kevin Garnett

4. LeBron James

5. Gilbert Arenas

6. Dirk Nowitzki

7. Steve Nash

8. Amare Stoudemire

9. Yao Ming

10. Dwyane Wade

11. Pau Gasol

12. Tim Duncan

13. Jason Kidd

14. Chris Paul

15. Josh Smith

16. Rashard Lewis

17. Chris Bosh

18. Allen Iverson

19. Vince Carter

20. Paul Pierce

21. Ray Allen

22. Marcus Camby

23. Andre Iguodala

24. Tracy McGrady

25. Chauncey Billups

26. Deron Williams

27. Caron Butler

28. Michael Redd

29. Gerald Wallace

30. Carlos Boozer

31. Joe Johnson

32. Carmelo Anthony

33. Josh Howard

34. Kirk Hinrich

35. Dwight Howard

36. Al Jefferson

37. Jermaine O'Neal

38. Baron Davis

39. Antawn Jamison

40. Jason Richardson

41. Emeka Okafor

42. Kevin Martin

43. Luol Deng

44. Brandon Roy

45. Leandro Barbosa

46. Manu Ginobli

47. Mike Miller

48. Mehmet Okur

49. Ron Artest

50. Tyson Chandler

51. Tony Parker

52. Kevin Durant

53. Jason Terry

54. Raymond Felton

55. Lamar Odom

56. Rasheed Wallace

57. David West

58. Ben Gordon

59. Mike Bibby

60. Ricky Davis

61. Mo Williams

62. LaMarcus Aldridge

63. Corey Maggette

64. AK47

65. Monta Ellis

66. Samuel Dalembert

67. Richard Jefferson

68. TJ Ford

69. Andre Miller

70. Rip Hamilton

71. Shane Battier

72. Al Harrington

73. Starbury

74. Granger

75. Randy Foye

76. Zach Randolph

77. Ben Wallace

78. Rajon Rondo

79. Andris Biedrins

80. Rudy Gay

81. Josh Childress

82. Tayshaun Prince

83. Raja Bell

84. Zydrunas Ilgauskas

85. ???

David Lee - 2 (jpug, csquared)

Brad Miller - 2 (nickyd82, 7331T)

Nene - 2 (Yaz, rotoking07)

Larry Hughes - 2 (mustachetoes, fantasyczar)

Delonte West - 1 (teamshameless)

Jeff Green - 1 (willj)

Stephen Jackson - 1 (iokona)

Anthony Parker - 1 (markdash)

Luis Scola- 1 (gorocketsgo)

I'll go Nene here.

Is there something wrong with Larry Hughes I am not aware of? I mean I know he is an injury risk but I think he should have been taken waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before this and I just honestly forgot about him. I would have at least taken him in the early 70s and possibly ahead of a few of the guys in the 60s.

If they reinstate Hughes back as PG, then maybe. Otherwise, I'm not wasting a pick on Hughes ever again unless he moves back to DC.

I mean 15-16 ppg, 40%, 75 % FT (And that's being nice), 5 apg (If he was PG again, and Boobie might take it), 4-5 rpg, and a lot of TOs. No thanks.. even his one cat production (steals) is low. No point in getting what Cleveland thought was a steal.

Is there something wrong with Larry Hughes I am not aware of? I mean I know he is an injury risk but I think he should have been taken waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before this and I just honestly forgot about him. I would have at least taken him in the early 70s and possibly ahead of a few of the guys in the 60s.

A guard that shoots 40% from the floor and 67% from the line, who only once in his 9-year career played more than 73 games?

Yeah, there's something wrong with him.

A guard that shoots 40% from the floor and 67% from the line, who only once in his 9-year career played more than 73 games?

Yeah, there's something wrong with him.

i think late in the year he had some more value running the point...not sure if thats the plan again this year...

I already wrote all that about Hughes... B)

If you are serious, Nene Hilario, PF/C for the Nuggets.

I was talking about this part of his post

banenes

I think it meant bananas, but I don't even know at this point my brain feels like it was deep-fried.

I know who Nene is, and I never draft him with all those injuries and he still hasn't proven enough to me.

If they reinstate Hughes back as PG, then maybe. Otherwise, I'm not wasting a pick on Hughes ever again unless he moves back to DC.

I mean 15-16 ppg, 40%, 75 % FT (And that's being nice), 5 apg (If he was PG again, and Boobie might take it), 4-5 rpg, and a lot of TOs. No thanks.. even his one cat production (steals) is low. No point in getting what Cleveland thought was a steal.

Yeah, you're being generous here.

Last year's numbers:

40.0%

67.6%

1.1 3PTM

14.9 PPG

3.8 RPG

3.7 APG

1.3 SPG

0.4 BPG

2.2 TO

He was "better" the year before in terms of FT%, scoring and rebounding, but he also committed a terrible 2.8 turnovers per game (to only 3.7 apg!).

That's my way of saying "I will pass."

Yeah, you're being generous here.

Last year's numbers:

40.0%

67.6%

1.1 3PTM

14.9 PPG

3.8 RPG

3.7 APG

1.3 SPG

0.4 BPG

2.2 TO

He was "better" the year before in terms of FT%, scoring and rebounding, but he also committed a terrible 2.8 turnovers per game (to only 3.7 apg!).

That's my way of saying "I will pass."

Good points by both you and 7331T. I don't pay a lot of attention to TOs, but probably should start, because I have never played in a league that counts them. I should have probably looked up his stats the last 2 years, as I knew there was a decline, but I can't really believe it was that far of a decline and even in SPG category.

That said, I think he still has the talent but would you take a late flyer on him as a sleeper to rebound and possibly get it back together?

I was talking about this part of his post

I think it meant bananas, but I don't even know at this point my brain feels like it was deep-fried.

I know who Nene is, and I never draft him with all those injuries and he still hasn't proven enough to me.

You never drafted him because he is only that many years in the league. He showed tremendous value last season, especially since Camby was injured (Camby? Injured? Who would have thought).

His numbers from february and beyond:

15 PPG, 8 reb, a steal, a block and an assist per game. Not bad for an 8th round pick.

And yeah, I was trying to make a bad joke there (baNenes...).

Good points by both you and 7331T. I don't pay a lot of attention to TOs, but probably should start, because I have never played in a league that counts them. I should have probably looked up his stats the last 2 years, as I knew there was a decline, but I can't really believe it was that far of a decline and even in SPG category.

That said, I think he still has the talent but would you take a late flyer on him as a sleeper to rebound and possibly get it back together?

It's not farfetched, but he definitley passed his prime. A Penny Hardaway clone, sort of.

Man, you guys are making me want to take my pick back. I'm not a fan, but I would take Hughes over the unproven bench mongers/time splitters. I've been harping on TO's a ton as well throughout this forum. Still a much better assist to TO ratio than Ben Gordon though, but man, there are some ugly numbers there.

How do you only shoot 40% with Lebron on your team? How? Lebron has to be taking up double and triple teams and freeing this guy up. Not to mention, you know Lebron gives Hughes 1-2 easy makes on breaks just off of steals. 40% is just pathetic.

You never drafted him because he is only that many years in the league. He showed tremendous value last season, especially since Camby was injured (Camby? Injured? Who would have thought).

His numbers from february and beyond:

15 PPG, 8 reb, a steal, a block and an assist per game. Not bad for an 8th round pick.

And yeah, I was trying to make a bad joke there (baNenes...).

Yeah, but I still am going to avoid all Denver players other then Melo and AI being I don't trust them on the offensive side.

Sure!

I'm a big advocate of saving your sleeper picks for rounds 10-13 or so. I like to get proven performers in the first 8-9 rounds, then take fliers on guys at the end. Think of it this way: If you draft guys who are "rated" appropriately in rounds 10-13, you won't be getting someone very good anyway (like a 10p 4a point guard, for example). So if you draft guys like that who have little upside, you are set in what you have. But if you take fliers on guys, and they don't work out, you can just pick up an equivalent to who you could have had anyway off the waiver wire, so there's really no loss.

Yeah but as of what we have up there right now, the only guys that I really see as proven over a full year is B Miller and he's over the hill if you ask me.

Yeah but as of what we have up there right now, the only guys that I really see as proven over a full year is B Miller and he's over the hill if you ask me.

I agree. This issue is that the only thing most players here have proven is that they can't play anymore or never could. I think there are a few decent picks coming up, but it might be a bit early. Plus I don't want to confuse matters more. I like the Larry Hughes risk, but I agree, it's not without its issues.

how far do you rotoheads plan on going with this list?