Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rando

The Rules are Simple!

- If you want to participate, just reply to this thread with the player you think should be ranked next on the draft list

- Rank the nba players based on a Single-Season, Traditional 9-catagory Fantasy League (either H2H or Roto)

- Each player needs 5 votes to be ranked (1-36), 4 votes to be ranked (37-84), and 3 votes to be ranked (84+)

- If you are the final deciding voter for a particular player, it's your duty to start the next thread, name it "#2" or "#18" or whichever # the NEXT pick is. in the body of the thread, copy/paste these directions along with an updated rankings list!

- You can vote ON BEHALF of others! Just cite a previous thread where any member voted for a player, and you can carry over thier vote to make the process faster! (please be specific when doing this). This also means you should be careful who you vote for, any of your votes can be quoted and used against you later!

1. Shawn Marion

2. Kobe Bryant

3. Kevin Garnett

4. LeBron James

5. Gilbert Arenas

6. Dirk Nowitzki

7. Steve Nash

8. Amare Stoudemire

9. Yao Ming

10. Dwyane Wade

11. Pau Gasol

12. Tim Duncan

13. Jason Kidd

14. Chris Paul

15. Josh Smith

16. Rashard Lewis

17. Chris Bosh

18. Allen Iverson

19. Vince Carter

20. Paul Pierce

21. Ray Allen

22. Marcus Camby

23. Andre Iguodala

24. Tracy McGrady

25. Chauncey Billups

26. Deron Williams

27. Caron Butler

28. Michael Redd

29. Gerald Wallace

30. Carlos Boozer

31. Joe Johnson

32. Carmelo Anthony

33. Josh Howard

34. Kirk Hinrich

35. Dwight Howard

36. Al Jefferson

37. Jermaine O'Neal

38. Baron Davis

39. Antawn Jamison

40. Jason Richardson

41. Emeka Okafor

42. Kevin Martin

43. Luol Deng

44. Brandon Roy

45. Leandro Barbosa

46. Manu Ginobli

47. Mike Miller

48. Mehmet Okur

49. Ron Artest

50. Tyson Chandler

51. Tony Parker

52. Kevin Durant

53. Jason Terry

54. Raymond Felton

55. Lamar Odom

56. Rasheed Wallace

57. David West

58. Ben Gordon

59. Mike Bibby

60. Ricky Davis

61. Mo Williams

62. LaMarcus Aldridge

63. Corey Maggette

64. AK47

65. Monta Ellis

66. Samuel Dalembert

67. Richard Jefferson

68. TJ Ford

69. Andre Miller

70. Rip Hamilton

71. Shane Battier

72. Al Harrington

73. Starbury

74. Granger

75. Randy Foye

76. Zach Randolph

77. Ben Wallace

78. Rajon Rondo

79. Andris Biedrins

80. Rudy Gay

81. Josh Childress

82. Tayshaun Prince

83. Raja Bell

84. Zydrunas Ilgauskas

85. Nene Hilario

86. Stephen Jackson

87. Andrew Bogut

88. ???

David Lee - 2 (jpug, csquared)

Brad Miller - 2 (nickyd82, 7331T)

Larry Hughes - 2 (mustachetoes, fantasyczar)

Anthony Parker - 2 (markdash, rotoking07)

Jeff Green - 1 (willj)

Luis Scola- 1 (gorocketsgo)

Peja Stojakovich - 1 (KG4MVP)

Kyle Korver - 1 (cesquinho)

Jameer Nelson - 1 (teamshameless)

Sorry, i just voted in the last thread before i realized it had moved on.

Here's my post:

I will throw a new name around ...

Kyle Korver.

I know he's not flasy, but played 30.7 minutes per game last year and his numbers were:

44.0 % fg% (11.4 att), 91.4% ft% (2.8 att), 1.8 3pm, 3.5 reb, 1.4 ast, 0.8 stl, 0.3 blk, 1.6 tos, 14.4 pts.

Good 3s, tos, and ft% with some steals and points and an acceptable fg%. Not that bad for a late 9th rounder.

He finished 75th in basketballmonster based on averages and 72nd in totals last year.

As i said, not flashy, but probably a value pick around this spot.

btw, i would rather have Chris Kaman than Andrew Bogut in my team.

All the PT in the world, and was better to me than Bogut last year even in a down season.

All the PT in the world, and was better to me than Bogut last year even in a down season.

Kaman is such a goof ball.....I owned him last year, and somehow won my league with him as my starting center. He's frustrating to watch some nights, as he'll look completely lost, committing silly fouls, throwing up crazy brick shots. Then other nights, he looks like an all star. His whole key to success, is to NOT DRIBBLE!! Mike D even inserted a Kaman rule last year at one point, where he instructed the big man to dribble no more than twice when fed the rock. When he backs in, and handles the ball too much - turnovers galore usually result. The best part about his game imo is the use of his left hand. He uses it so frequently that to the avg fan watching a game, you would assume he is left handed.

I'll take Bogut easily in my format over Shaggy.....better in my 4 major categories (pts, reb, asst, steals)

I understand you, but in categories formats, where blocks and ft% count, Kaman is 1+ block and 17% ft% better than Bogut.

That's quite a difference in both categories.

I'm not saying i like Kaman. I'm probably saying i don't like Bogut much, but if i had to choose between Bogut at 9th and Kaman at 10th or 11th i wouldn't hesitate.

Plus, Kaman has 2.0 tos a game and Bogut has 2.3.

Well, I think Kaman will be a nice roto addition in the first half of the season because Brand is down and Kaman should eat some numbers up, but Bogut could explode this season, making it the final time these two will ever be near each other on a draft board. That Kaman had such a down year is a big concern to me because I don't think he was as good as his numbers of a couple of years ago and it may have been a career year. He is a rock solid choice right here though. I just think Bogut should have gone earlier.

3rd year guys historically see huge jumps in production. (Please see Kevin Martin or Luol Deng or virtually every single NBA player for reference) I especially like guys that improved from year 1 to year 2 as they are learning the game and Bogut did that noticably. I think the only reason Bogut lasted as long as he did was because nobody knows what they will do with Yi in the mix. I am not sure if Yi will be any kind of factor. He could be another Wang Xi Xi for all we know. I think Bogut will take that next jump though. I always look for 3rd year guys on the draft board. I drafted Kevin Martin and Deng in every single league last season. Sometimes going so early that people laughed at my picks. Nobody laughed later.

Some of them have already achieved superstar status like Deron Williams and Chris Paul, but the guys I would be targeting this year would be Bogut, Raymond Felton, Danny Granger, and Andrew Bynum (although his situation is still a little crowded) that fit the mold to explode as 3rd year guys that are going to get a chance to produce. There are others, but a lot of them are being blocked still like Francisco Garcia (pick him up if Artest is dealt), or their situation is still muddled or they haven't shown enough yet like Jason Maxiell and Marvin Williams.

Just my thoughts though.

I understand you, but in categories formats, where blocks and ft% count, Kaman is 1+ block and 17% ft% better than Bogut.

I'm not saying i like Kaman. I'm probably saying i don't like Bogut much, but if i had to choose between Bogut at 9th and Kaman at 10th or 11th i wouldn't hesitate.

Blocks are the one area of keep concern for me for Bogut.

The TO's are a nonpoint since Kaman only gets you 1 assist to Bogut's 3. Bogut still has a positive assist to TO ratio while Kaman does not and is negative at 1:2 which is terrible. Please also notice that Kaman was at 2.3 the year before in TO's but still only had 1 assist. With no Brand there, I expect his TO's to be even worse.

Well going by your 3 year rule, I am going to throw a couple more names out there from that draft.

Channing Frye

Sean May

Rashad McCants

Hakim Warrick

Francisco Garcia

Luther Head

Jason Maxiell

David Lee

I really think a lot of those could boom or bust. I would be willing to take McCants, Warrick, Head, Lee, and I am going to target Maxiell in all of my leagues.

By the way, what happened to Martell Webster? The dude went 6th overall in that draft and I haven't heard his name since.

i could tell that Bogut isnt a great roto center - why ive held back from nominating him.

Well going by your 3 year rule, I am going to throw a couple more names out there from that draft.

Channing Frye

Sean May

Rashad McCants

Hakim Warrick

Francisco Garcia

Luther Head

Jason Maxiell

David Lee

I really think a lot of those could boom or bust. I would be willing to take McCants, Warrick, Head, Lee, and I am going to target Maxiell in all of my leagues.

By the way, what happened to Martell Webster? The dude went 6th overall in that draft and I haven't heard his name since.

That's why I never target guys that don't get a chance to play. Frye and Webster may become the biggest beneficiaries from the Oden injury. May had flashes last year and may be one to target as did Warrick. Luther Head is a nice 6th man type, but he is what he is. Great if you need 3's.

I think the guy that I really want on this list is Lee, but getting Randolph there will just jack him up I think. The Knicks management is terrible. Mixing Randolph and Curry is going to get UGLY. For NY fans that haven't seen Randolph play regularly, you are in for a real treat. Selfish play and a lack of hussle at times doesn't play real well in NY. The fact that he will be stealing minutes from an animal like Lee will just piss people off even more.

The one player i really like from that list is Channing Frye.

The fall of Oden could make him a really valuable player next year.

Jason Maxiell may be another nuce surprise this year. I posted the minutes for Detroit big men earlier in the summer, wondering who would eat Chris Webber's minutes if he didn't come back.

Looks like he won't be back, and his 29 minutes per game from last season are going to be redistributed somehow. I would bet Maxiell will get a nice bunch of them, which could make him a value pick very late in the draft.

Who was the fantasy stud before Weber was on the Piston's last season? no one. I agree maxiell could be a nice late round pick up, but I don't feel like we are sleeping on him.

Frye obviously has some real potential, but the front court is still pretty crowded in Portland. i don't think its time yet for him, but its getting there.

I'm going back to Delonte West.

Actually, I'll change my pick to Jameer Nelson. The minutes are solid and hopefully improvements are forthcoming. I haven't looked, but I imagine his TO's are pretty bad, but hopefully, that will be part of his improvement in the off season.

It seems like we've stalled here a little so I'm changing my pick to David Lee. After hearing some arguments against Brad Miller earlier I question what his value will be. I also don't think even Isaiah can keep Lee off the court. Even with Curry and Randolph on the roster Lee should see plenty of run to have 8th round value.

Can somebody else start the next thread? I'm not on here enough to keep up with the updating.