Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sess

Grevis Vasquez 2011-2012

422 posts in this topic

if jack is out for an extended period of time, i may have to drop jenkins for him..

any chance vasquez retains the starting spot from here on out?

I have a feeling the Hornets are finding a way to let Gordon play most of NO's games this month. I'm a Jarett Jack owner but Vasquez is available on my WW. I'll be dropping James "Mr Inconsistent" Johnson for Vasquez because I think it will be Vasquez and Gordon for the Hornets from here on out.

I expect to see a lot of EG and Vasquez on the court for the last 16 games of the season. It is the backcourt of the future.

projection with jack out. is it reasonable to expect 15 and 7 with a steal. thats what I want out of him.....dimes.

jack isn't necessarily out. So, I'd still be careful. But, if you want assists, he's your man. I think 7 is a conservative estimate if jack is out.

I highly doubt Jack will be playing the next two games, especially with today's report of there still being significant swelling. GV should produce serviceable numbers for owners in the playoffs this week.

I highly doubt Jack will be playing the next two games, especially with today's report of there still being significant swelling. GV should produce serviceable numbers for owners in the playoffs this week.

Me being the creeper that I am checked out Jack's twitter. He responded to some dude who asked him if he'd play tomorrow and said, "I'm not sure."

Thanks for clearing things up Xzibit.

RW is pimping this guy like nobodies business. J Jack's been the starter every time he's come back from injury, and now EG is there to also muddy the PT. I don't get the hype unless we get confirmation Jack's injury is serious.

1 person likes this

RW is pimping this guy like nobodies business. J Jack's been the starter every time he's come back from injury, and now EG is there to also muddy the PT. I don't get the hype unless we get confirmation Jack's injury is serious.

Getting starters minutes out of Grevis for a couple games? Well one game at the least, is worth a pickup...especially in the playoffs. I don't quite see the pi ping your talking about.

we don't know how long Jack will be out, just like Dragic owners had no idea Lowery would end up being out is long. still tragic was added everywhere even with the expectations of only getting a few games out of him.

same deal with Grevis...as long as Jack is out you can get great production from a ww pickup. When Jack is back...stream away.

Getting starters minutes out of Grevis for a couple games? Well one game at the least, is worth a pickup...especially in the playoffs. I don't quite see the pi ping your talking about.

we don't know how long Jack will be out, just like Dragic owners had no idea Lowery would end up being out is long. still tragic was added everywhere even with the expectations of only getting a few games out of him.

same deal with Grevis...as long as Jack is out you can get great production from a ww pickup. When Jack is back...stream away.

This comment was brought to you by:

huggiesdiapers.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVE

Diapers.

Jarrett Jack - G - NO - Apr. 6 - 7:57 p.m. ET

Jarrett Jack's ankle injury may "take some time" according to coach Monty Williams.

If owners needed anymore confirmation to run out and pick up Greivis Vasquez this is it. Still, Jack could return and clutter things up down the road, but we're talking about a game-changing fantasy producer off the wire at this stage of the season -- make the move.

Source: NBA.com

He has a huge upside now that jarrett jack is out.

His numbers will do you justice.

This guy absolutely sucked last night. I thought his numbers wouldn't be great against Spurs but DAMN! Anyone rolling the dice with him tonight?

This guy absolutely sucked last night. I thought his numbers wouldn't be great against Spurs but DAMN! Anyone rolling the dice with him tonight?

The entire team sucked aside from Gordon. It wasn't a terrible night considering he didn't hurt you in any category. I see a good, efficient game out of him tonight.

"Jarrett Jack will miss the rest of the season due to a stress fracture in his right foot."

You should pick this guy up now

yeah, he's a game changer now. may he help us all win championships.

1 person likes this

How good am I? :lol:

The play with Vasquez is essentially a long term shutdown of Jack with the knee issues or less likely a trade of JJ. The reality is that NO is in a tank mode so they can better position themselves in a draft (2 lottery picks) as deep as one can remember, in addition to developing young players. A team stacked with lottery picks and solid young talent is going to make the team more marketable for sale. The NBA would like to divest its self of the Hornets Franchise asap and for good reason. Vasquez has huge huge upside if he starts and plays 35 mins per game for the last 15-20 games of the season. He is the type of stash that has won many a GM championships in years past.

1 person likes this

Nice! Glad i picked him up the other night when jack was out on wednesday!

it's official......jack is "out". I fear that NOH will be Charlotte-like and get blown out on a regular basis, thus he will only get 3 quarters of playing time. I picked him up anyway. good upside in the assist department. I'm thinking he could blow up versus the right team.

Picked him up over Lowry hopefully it's the right move...but just out of curiousity what else can this guy do beside assists? stls? 3's?

1 person likes this