Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hoops

Jeremy Lin 2011-12

The Knicks are officially a mess.

19 fgas for Lin? Aberration plain and simple.

14 team league? Im picking him up. Shumpert hasnt done anything for me the last 2 weeks anyway. Lin will def get minutes going forward.

The Knicks are officially a mess.

19 fgas for Lin? Aberration plain and simple.

Agree re the attempts. However, he is a pretty good defender and a decent play maker with tons of speed. Any pg in NY is a must add as far as I am concerned.

knicks are into the end of back-back-back too thats means their regular guards are tired but no harm in doing speculative add

more like shumpert was tired. but that doesn't take away from the fact that Lin put those numbers up vs deron williams. toney douglas barely played the back-back-back (15 min, 8 min, 13 min). bibby didn't play a minute and flat out stinks. i'm still skeptical of the kid too, yet it's worth keeping an eye out for, especially with the mess for a collection of PGs in NY.

Do yourselves a favor and don't come back in here after his next game.

It'll just be shameful and dishonorable.

Do yourselves a favor and don't come back in here after his next game.

It'll just be shameful and dishonorable.

Why all the unnecessary hate? Are you willing to eat the s#!t you've been dishing if he balls the rest of the year?

shumpert hit the rookie wall obviously. toney douglas? lol. lin may or may not be the answer but he is a speculative must add. baron davis conditioning is always a question mark.

this is an obvious risk/reward must add.

1 game people... I like Lin a lot but I am not targeting him anywhere until he has at least 3 games where he gets over 20 minutes.

I'd wait 2 games for a speculative pick-up

lol, so much hate and love on both sides. I understand that it is one game, but I think the unique pg situation/fiasco in NY alongside d'Antoni's system makes it at least worthy of bringing up, and Lin at least belonging to our watch lists.

damn man. can't resist. dropped Linas Kleiza to pick-up this guy.

here's my take on this:

NYK is a mess right now. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Considering the rumors on Mike D'Antoni.. my best guess is that he would insert Lin as their starting PG.

Shumpert is a good player but he's more of a scoring guard to me. What NYK needs right now is a passing guard such as Lin.

Although I'm not so sure about him taking more shots today than Melo.

A baseline of 8 PTS 5 AST should be enough.

more like shumpert was tired. but that doesn't take away from the fact that Lin put those numbers up vs deron williams. toney douglas barely played the back-back-back (15 min, 8 min, 13 min). bibby didn't play a minute and flat out stinks. i'm still skeptical of the kid too, yet it's worth keeping an eye out for, especially with the mess for a collection of PGs in NY.

About this, Deron Williams looks like he isn't interested in playing defense this season. In the 5 games I've watched him in, he's been awful. Lin was great, but today was more about exposing Deron's defense. Lin was really active in GS, but he had trouble staying out of foul trouble. Plus, he was no where near as good as today when it came to getting into the lane. I'm very interested to see how he performs in extended minutes vs a pg that cares about defending.

lol, so much hate and love on both sides. I understand that it is one game, but I think the unique pg situation/fiasco in NY alongside d'Antoni's system makes it at least worthy of bringing up, and Lin at least belonging to our watch lists.

yeah, this is by-the-book systematic guide on how to pick-up OK players.

But you won't get the BEST pick-ups in doing that. In very competitive leagues, it's all about risk versus reward.

Oh man there have been a few crazy drops for this kid in 3 of my leagues. Its Jeremy Lin. Even if he was handed the starters job tomorrow, this may be his best game of the season. Take a few deep breaths people. :)

He looked great tonight, but it's not a meaningful sample size. Still, if you have garbage to drop and no limit on moves, why not?

Well, I play in a competitive league. If I wait around for Lin to have several good games in a row he'll be gone. The Knicks have no true pg. The Knicks pg play has been horrible up until today. It is the Dantoni system. I will take my chances and pick him up.

Well, I play in a competitive league. If I wait around for Lin to have several good games in a row he'll be gone. The Knicks have no true pg. The Knicks pg play has been horrible up until today. It is the Dantoni system. I will take my chances and pick him up.

That's why i think two games is ideal. Minutes + statistical production in both games and with a good opportunity/situation should be enough to drop a low end player for him.

If you have someone really bad (like Kleiza), then you might as well just pick him up.

I did the same in my 20-Team league with a limit of moves but it's a shortened season and I'm down in the standings. I have to make some drastic moves or else it will be too late. Ken Berger (CBS) reports during post game, D'Antoni leaning towards starting Lin at PG. I mean, the chemistry was there and with the pressure of the fans and media after tonight's game, it makes sense. As for Baron, he continues to have setbacks (reported by NY media outlets) and who knows. Even if he does come back, he may get injured just as fast.

it all depend on how baron do when he come back next week, if he play good then no mintues for jeremy lin

^ Hence, if he becomes a starter, as I have said, a baseline of 8 PTS and 5 AST

Dropped Beaubois for Lin, had an expendable player and love to gamble for a potential high risk - high reward player

Rumor is that Lin is your new starting PG for the New York Knicks

...I hope your not saying this rumor is from the guy at the end o f the video saying "have the Knicks found a PG?"....If not what where who and how did you hear this 'rumor'?