Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hoops

Jeremy Lin 2011-12

Dropped Beaubois for Lin, had an expendable player and love to gamble for a potential high risk - high reward player

just did the same.

Why all the unnecessary hate? Are you willing to eat the s#!t you've been dishing if he balls the rest of the year?

If I am wrong, I will retire from this board.

just did the same.

hey, i just did that as well. lin just shot too well and passed too wisely for me not to own, the thing that sold me was when I saw how fired up he was, he's there for the right reasons.

Let's be real... Baron Davis at this age is nothing spectacular. Lin could easily get PT just by staying healthy.

If I am wrong, I will retire from this board.

Oh boy. Now, it's serious.

knicks are 6 games below .500

dantonis head is on the chopping block

immense media and fan scrutiny

knicks desperate for a pg, douglas and shumpert not the answer

they play jeremy lin and he plays well and gets the win!

yes it was vs the nets but i can see him at least getting some decent pt until baron returns

all speculation of course but its the perfect storm for a jeremy lin party

Anyone who watched him tonight probably saw the best game of his life in the pros. After watching him play with the Warriors, I consider this a total fluke and him playing out of his mind. My impression is he's end of the bench fodder and somewhat of a PR stunt for Chinese American fans of the game. When I watched him play last year, he looked pretty out of control and undersized. I doubt things would change that drastically. If you are playing in a larger league maybe you have to consider him, but I can't seriously believe that something all of the suddenly clicked for him.

so to play devils advocate here, what is defined as "ballin for the rest of the year" for Lin?

11/7? you cant set a ridiculous benchmark like 20/5

Oh, I thought he was a shifty guard.. he looks very big to me for a Point Guard.

But he's still probably a better passer or more like better pick-and-roll player than Douglas and Shumpert combined.

And considering it's D'Antoni's offensive system, and that you have Amar'e and Tyson Chandler as one of the league's better pick-and-roll big men, it looks very good for Jeremy Lin!

And as I've said before.. baseline projections if ever he starts should be 8 PTS and 5 AST.

Oh boy. Now, it's serious.

yeah, we got him quoted though.

I dropped Evan Turner for him tonight. I'll take his upside, over a streaky Turner. Lin is in the position to play big minutes.

Oh, I thought he was a shifty guard.. he looks very big to me for a Point Guard.

But he's still probably a better passer or more like better pick-and-roll player than Douglas and Shumpert combined.

And considering it's D'Antoni's offensive system, and that you have Amar'e and Tyson Chandler as one of the league's better pick-and-roll big men, it looks very good for Jeremy Lin!

And as I've said before.. baseline projections if ever he starts should be 8 PTS and 5 AST.

yeah he is either 6'3 or 6'4, he's pretty tall but pretty thin, hes got deceptive quickness (did I just say this about jeremy lin, oh my god).

so to play devils advocate here, what is defined as "ballin for the rest of the year" for Lin?

11/7? you cant set a ridiculous benchmark like 20/5

I define it as this: 2 points, 0 reb, 2 ast.

D’Antoni cautioned everyone not to get carried away, but he had a hard time containing his own giddiness. Asked if Lin might join the starting lineup, D’Antoni chuckled and demurred but said, “We’ll look.”

“The biggest thing is, he’s got a point-guard mentality,” D’Antoni said. “He has a rhyme or reason to what he’s doing, and you can kind of play off that.”

I define it as this: 2 points, 0 reb, 2 ast.

so if Lin averages 2pts and 2 assists per game the rest of the season you are 'retiring' ?

so if Lin averages 2pts and 2 assists per game the rest of the season you are 'retiring' ?

lol. no. those are my projections.

while you guys are saying 11 pts, 7 asts.

Mike Conley barely averages 7. How can one be so bold as to predict a 3rd string point guard maintain enough consistency to average 7....that's a very bold prediction.

lol. no. those are my projections.

while you guys are saying 11 pts, 7 asts.

11/7 aint my projection, it was just an over/under barometer for whatever your Retiring Bet was

Lin's highlights from tonight:

Post game:

http://www.nba.com/k...0412mov-1989905

I was disappointed when Jeremy Lin was waived from the Rockets instead of Johnny Flynn (to make room for Dalembert). Jeremy Lin showed good basketball IQ, ability to drive to the rim, an improved jumpshot, and quickness; however, I think Johnny Flynn (who sucks) was kept on the roster as the 3rd PG because he was more athletic and had more upside (although a worse defender). Lin would be solid backup or 3rd PG on a number of teams. Minutes will probably be an issue for him throughout his career for him to ever be a reliable fantasy option.

Lin's highlights from tonight:

Post game:

http://www.nba.com/k...0412mov-1989905

I was disappointed when Jeremy Lin was waived from the Rockets instead of Johnny Flynn (to make room for Dalembert). Jeremy Lin showed good basketball IQ, ability to drive to the rim, an improved jumpshot, and quickness; however, I think Johnny Flynn (who sucks) was kept on the roster as the 3rd PG because he was more athletic and had more upside (although a worse defender). Lin would be solid backup or 3rd PG on a number of teams. Minutes will probably be an issue for him throughout his career for him to ever be a reliable fantasy option.

LOl at the guy in the video in the lower right corner at 0:31 seconds like "Is this really happening?"

As a Knicks fan that watches most games....

Knicks have been in need for a decent PG all year. Without one the offense stands in one spot and eventually make a pass to amare or melo and eventually they dribble around and jack up any shot to beat the clock...Lin started getting minutes a few games ago and showed hustle and a nice little burst of energy. Fast forward to last night...Lin gets in the game and showed the ability to dribble drive, pick and roll, spread/move the offense and to top it off played great d (believe he limited deron to o pts in the 3rd). With the knicks struggling Lin took this team on his back and won the hearts of MSG faithful and more imporantly of Dantoni. During the postgame Dantoni couldnt keep a smile off his face and even flirted with the possibility of giving Lin a few starts.

So what to do about fantasy...

If you are in a deeper league or can afford to stash a guy for a few weeks, Lin would be a nice little gamble. His ceiling would be more games like last night and his floor might be 2 pts and and 2 ast. Either way I think we will find out the real Lin in the next few weeks...If he does get the minutes that Dantoni hinted at then I beleive he will have some nice value (13 pts, 6 ast, 3 reb, 1 st).

Words you couldn't imagine hearing before tonight from Deron Williams: "I didn't do a good job containing Jeremy Lin." yesterday

Lin destroys John Wall

I guess DRose is next on the Lin List :P