Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hoops

Jeremy Lin 2011-12

Lin destroys John Wall

I guess DRose is next on the Lin List :P

Highlights, highlights and more highlights.

The thing aout highlight reels is, they're just that - they're 'best of' compilations. Christ, even Bruce Bowen has highlight reels.

What's next dude? You gonna say this kid's got the 'Kobe Swagger' too like Marshon Brooks? :D

Lakers need to swing a trade for this guy.

They had a shot at him, but he ended up in GS. They need to do something soon though (a brick wall would get more assists than the Lakers PG's.)

MarShon is sitting out with a broken toe. He is no longer Kobe, I'm afraid :(

lol

I had only seen him a few times before in garbage minutes for the Warriors and then against the Celtics earlier in the week. I didn't think he played particularly well. However, he looked pretty solid last night. The thing that caught my eye was how well he and Chandler played together. Chandler looked like he really enjoyed playing with him.

Was last night an aberration? Possibly, who knows? The guy was undrafted, has bounced around a little in his young career, and just returned from the D-league a few weeks back. There are a lot of obstacles to success. However, last night, he removed one obstacle by performing when given minutes. Whether this was a one night stand or opens the door for more minutes, I don't see why people would come on a message board posting negative comments about him. I see no reason not to take a chance on him if you have an open spot on your roster. If not, why rain on someone else's parade if you don't like him?

I think it is performances like Jeremy's last night that makes the NBA season interesting and exciting.

lots of haters out there, honestly i was pretty pumped up by those highlights, any player or a point guard for that matter, that plays in the D Antoni system, gives fantasy friendly stats.

When is the Knicks next game? need to see if this is just one game wonder from Lin.

You can't wait to pick guys like Lin up in any sort of competitive league. I made the move for Lamar Odom as my team is in last place, and Lamar isn't going to be the difference maker I need to make a move. Gotta take some high risk high reward moves at this point in the season if you are not in the top 3 or 4 teams in your league.

Knicks need a PG desparately. Baron is probably the answer if/when he gets healthy, but it is pretty clear that Douglas/Shumpert is not going to work at the point. Shumpert is really more of a 2/3 and Douglas has zero point guard skills. I have had my eye on Lin for a while after watching him compete with Wall in that Summer League game 2 years ago always wondering if he would get a chance. I am not sure he will get it, but you can't deny his production last night. You also can't deny the fact that the Knicks are searching for an identity and Lin fits a lot of their needs from that position.

They need someone that can hit an open set shot when Melo is doubled. They need a distributor. They need someone willing to attack the lane when Melo and Amare are being hugged by their defenders. Lin has all of those capabilities along with pretty good vision. My guess is that Lin has about a 1/4 chance of panning out into a solid 8pt 5 ast type player for the rest of the year. However, with Baron's injury history and the lack of other point guard options I would give him a 1/10 chance of become a startable 12 and 6 type player which you just cannot find at this point in the season. Vazquez is a more stable version of Lin, but due to Lin's situation his upside is much higher. Both of these players should be on rosters if your league is worth its salt. If they aren't then you need more owners or more roster positions.

Point guards flourish under D'Antoni (Van Exel, Nash) and based on upside I would rather own Lin than a guy like Devin Harris or Jameer Nelson.

^^^^^ That is a little much. Lin is just as likely to be on the waivers in 1 week as he is starting...You would definitely not want to drop DEvin Harris for Lin. Even Jameer is a BIG stretch.

Harris and Nelson belong on waiver wires in my eyes. After seeing a starter, who has little competition for playing time, score less than 5 points...he should only be rostered for the potential that he gets traded. Jameer Nelson almost has identical numbers. Take away the occasional 8 assists game and you have a FA in the leagues where they are owned. 55 and 43% respectively.

He was picked up two weeks ago in one of my leagues.... Granted it was a much deeper league. Just my 2 pennies.

^^^^^ That is a little much. Lin is just as likely to be on the waivers in 1 week as he is starting...You would definitely not want to drop DEvin Harris for Lin. Even Jameer is a BIG stretch.

Seems extremely odd to me that someone who's clearly all over Lin as a pickup would then turn round and say that no way in a million years should you drop Devin Harris for him!? Harris looks absolutely lost in Utah and the sample size is becoming too significant to ignore now. Seems to me like he's exactly the type of player you should be dropping if you want to take a punt on Lin. I'm gonna wait and see

I'd drop Devin Harris for Lin. We KNOW Harris sucks (ranked 194th in 9-CAT leagues this season by BBMonster). Maybe Lin will do something. If not, you drop Lin for someone else.

For the record, I am not hating on nor being negative towards Lin.

I watched the 4th quarter and he played big. I'm happy for the kid, I really am.

But i'm just being realistic.

He's a novelty act. It was one of those flash in the pan type of games.

Like that one game when Sundiata Gaines had his moment of glory for the Jazz, a couple years ago.

Exciting, sure. Won all our hearts, yes.

Dwindled off into obscurity, ofcourse.

Jeremy Lin is a fine young man, i'm sure.

But the kid could barely breathe after playing his heart out.

There is no way he's gonna be able to sustain the type of level he needs to be playing at in order to be effective, let alone fantasy-worthy aka rosterable.

Ok, here's the situation:

If this kid can average more than 5 points, 4 assists(starting with the next game on) til the All-Star Break, I'll retire.

Ok, here's the situation:

...........................................I'll retire.

TR,

M. Jordan, B. Favre, Jay-Z, and Daniel Tosh all say "Hi".

D’Antoni said. “He has a rhyme or reason to what he’s doing, and you can kind of play off that.”

I didn't hear the interview with D'antoni but that was exactly what I thought after seeing the Lin highlights from that game. Very smart and calculated player, that's an immense tool for a PG to own.

I'd drop Devin Harris for Lin. We KNOW Harris sucks (ranked 194th in 9-CAT leagues this season by BBMonster). Maybe Lin will do something. If not, you drop Lin for someone else.

at this point, id be looking for excuses to drop harris...

lin was pretty bright last year in the summer leagues, i think theres footage of him holding his own vs john wall in a game.

missed out on picking up lin, but i think he is worth a look...being that none of the other guys are a good fit for the pg job in nyc...

I would drop Devin Harris just for an empty roster spot. Lin is the add of the week.

I don't think anyone knows what his skill set truly is. I picked him up mainly because of the conditions/attendant circumstances:

(1) Team with no definitive PG

(2) Coached by D'antoni

(3) Two explosive big men. Chandler's offense revolves around easy 'oops and pick and rolls.

(4) His steals/minutes are pretty elite - sign of hustle - always a good sign.

i'm a warriors fan so i had a chance to watch Lin quite a few times.. I'm cheering for the guy but I think that game was a fluke.. He's nothing more than a 3rd backup guard.. Doing good in summer and D leagues are different from NBA.. I hope he proves me wrong but by next week, this thread will have few updates.. The only thing he has going for him in NY is he brings a lot of high energy and hussle and the PG situation is horrible..

could be a good add but they were playing against the net, so i wouldn't overlook too much

overlook means something else. what would someone be overlooking? lin's performance?

New RW blurb: MDA "leaning towards" starting Jeremy Lin

^Big surprise. :mellow: