Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kawz

Kenneth Faried - Will He Get Run in '12?

261 posts in this topic

Mark my words.....Kenneth Faried will be a GREAT fantasy pick-up after tonight's game. He has the hustle and explosiveness to help your team with FG%, Boards, Blocks & Steals. Karl has kept him under wraps all season, but in the few games he's played, he's put up solid numbers (in limited minutes). I can see him going for a double-double tonight, and hopefully this will get him off the bench and have him seeing 20-25mpg regulary.

Thoughts about his stats for tonight and outlook for the rest of the season?

Feel free to mock me, but i'm putting it out there....Faried will be a great pick-up once he shows and proves tonight.

:wub:

<---- Faried Man Crush

First time I saw him when Denver was blowing out someone(I think it was lakers) and he had that monster dunk of Millers pass. He was awesome. Hustling all over the place, boarding, running the break, finishing alley oops. If he gets consistent minutes, I will pick him up ASAP. He can be a hustling beast.

1 person likes this

It's understandable why people are high on him before the season started, but I don't think he's going to get enough run for fantasy purposes this year unless Nene is out for an extended amount of time. I recall Karl saying that he wants Faried to develop and understand the system more and therefore, won't get make much of a fantasy impact. Of course, if he gets playing time, that's a different story.

Yeah, I wouldn't really make the jump right now, unless you're only picking him up for one game and that's it. I love the guy, but until he gets consistent minutes, he wont really be a fantasy option. Obviously him playing well tonight would go along way in helping that happen, but I don't see any realistic way he gets 20 mpg going forward, as long as Nene and Harrington are both healthy.

Yeah I'm sorry, but no. Al is still going to get the majority of minutes at the 4 tonight. Even if he puts up a solid line, maybe even a double double, he's not going to take away minutes from any of the regular rotation players once everyone is back and healthy. Nene, Mozgov, Koufous, Nene, and Harrington will all get more minutes than Faried when healthy. This just isn't his year.

I have him stashed in a keeper league. Might give him a start today just in case.

Oh, I also think the Koufos is going to go off tonight.

Also wondering the same thing. Had high hopes for him and even drafted him last round in most of my leagues. They letting him start permanently now?

8 & 7 at the half in a dozen minutes....c'mon Karl, let the kid have 25 minutes a night!

this run n gun game vs the Dubs on a B2B and Gallo/Brewer/Mozgov out....perfect scenario for him to get burn. however, they lost by 20 at home, lost 5 in a row, and Karl is still searching for a lineup to break the slump.

Which if any players would you compare this guy's game to?

I'm not sure. He is a rebounding machine and can jump out of the gym. He is just raw on the offensive end

sorry i cant come up with a current player now, but he reminds me of rodman. no O game except bunnies, rebounding hog (in college), good defender, springy legs, constant motor

1 person likes this

I'm not sure. He is a rebounding machine and can jump out of the gym. He is just raw on the offensive end

I get a Marcus Camby vibe. The one thing that might be different is Camby is one hell of a passer for a Big Man. He is probably the only Center who can throw Alley-Oops and he does it damn good. He didn't start off as a great passer though so Faried could probably improve aswell. But they are both simple offensive players but dominate defensively.

Dude is a less offensive minded milsap

I get a Marcus Camby vibe. The one thing that might be different is Camby is one hell of a passer for a Big Man. He is probably the only Center who can throw Alley-Oops and he does it damn good. He didn't start off as a great passer though so Faried could probably improve aswell. But they are both simple offensive players but dominate defensively.

Yeah he is wayyyyy more athletic than Camby though. I could see and offensive game coming. I don't think he needs all that much as he will gets a lot of hustle points.

i initially answered socal's question in five minutes while eating some lunch. i could only think of Rodman. Then i heard camby (????) and milsap. a less offense oriented Milsap? OK, sort of. so i decided to type "Faried Dennis Rodman" into google just now. i just knew someone else had to see the comparison. well, here are Faried's words from December:

Asked which player he tries to model his game after, Faried said: “Dennis Rodman. He went after everything and worked hard. He wasn’t afraid of nobody because of his height.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2011/12/21/breaking-down-nugget-kenneth-faried%E2%80%99s-sky-walking-debut/5797/

My Kenneth Faried roto-boner just went off.

2 people like this

another solid game...is he worth adding in 10 team leagues?

Anyone have insight into why he only played 17 minutes? He only had 2 fouls and was 6 for 6 from the field. . .. smells like an injury. Homers, anything?