Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CrypTviLL

Worst minor league system?

Well, theres a topic for best minor league system, so I say thinking to myself...

What teams have horrid systems? Nothing really came to my mind, so I made this topic for me to further learn about the minors, what are some terrible systems out there?

Well, theres a topic for best minor league system, so I say thinking to myself...

What teams have horrid systems? Nothing really came to my mind, so I made this topic for me to further learn about the minors, what are some terrible systems out there?

Have you seen Bull Durham?

It pains me to say it, but the cubs have to have one of the worst. They have produced some decent arms...Garland and Willis, but haven't developed a major leaguer since Grace. Patterson and Hinske being the two closest. They do have a load of young talent coming up, but one must be skeptical.

Yup, I was gonna say the cubs, but i didnt know much about them - Felix Pie, Matt Murton recently. but who knows.

Nationals seem really poor aswell, as stated.

What about Washington?

Put the Cardinals on that list, too. they rarely produce anything (Reyes being the exception lately), and don't seem to ship much out in trades.

A few years ago the Padres were near the top of the list, especially with some of the arms they were producing, but they have come pretty close to rock bottom lately. Of course, the Matt Bush fiasco sure helped derail things.

A few years ago the Padres were near the top of the list, especially with some of the arms they were producing, but they have come pretty close to rock bottom lately. Of course, the Matt Bush fiasco sure helped derail things.

The Padres haven't done well lately, but they had a very nice 2006 draft and have 6 picks in the first 65 this June. They will be looking much, much, better next off-season, while some of the other teams above have much less hope.

The Cardinals are better than they were the last few years, but they're still nothing worth being excited about. Their top tier of prospects are below average and their depth is weak as well. That said, Jon Jay, Chris Perez, and Adam Ottavino from the '06 draft will help.

Wow nobody picking the Yankees anymore?? I'm a Yankees fan and beyond Hughes and Tabata I couldn't name you a Yankees minor leaguer that will be major league ready within the next 3-4 years that's capable of making a major impact.

I live in the Indianapolis area. The Indians are a AAA-club. Our best years were with the Reds and Expos. Our worst years were just a few years back with the Brewers. Things have become brighter now that we are affiliated with the Pirates - decent young pitchers.

The Red Sox used to have a decent farm system, until they traded away their entire future (Anibal Sanchez, Hanley Ramirez, et al) for friggin' Mike Lowell and Josh "Blister with a 5+ ERA" Beckett...

The Red Sox used to have a decent farm system, until they traded away their entire future (Anibal Sanchez, Hanley Ramirez, et al) for friggin' Mike Lowell and Josh "Blister with a 5+ ERA" Beckett...

You don't have to love that trade, but the Sox didn't leave the cupboard bare. Pedroia, Ellsbury, Kottaras, Anderson, Buckholz are all well-regarded.

I won't miss the opportunity to pile on Jim Bowden-- the Nationals are the most hopeless franchise as far as the minors go.

The Marlins don't have too much in the pipeline, but as a consolation prize they have the best rookie class in baseball history entering its second year. The Orioles are pretty barren, too.

The nationals are just bad.

Red Sox / Yankees are doing fine, at the moment the Yankees look better though,even aside from Hughes/Tabata they already produced quiet a few useful players over the last few years (Cano /Wang /Cabrera / Proctor etc... Cano looks likea surefired star now while Wang /Cabrera should be helpful guys going foward for a few more years at the least) and they have a nice stash of guys that could be decent plug in rotation /bullpen guys, the positional guys are pretty weak though, Duncan could still turn out ok though.

Wow nobody picking the Yankees anymore?? I'm a Yankees fan and beyond Hughes and Tabata I couldn't name you a Yankees minor leaguer that will be major league ready within the next 3-4 years that's capable of making a major impact.

Really? Joba Chamberlain, Dellin Betances, Brett Gardner, Tyler Clippard, Kevin Whalen, Humberto Sanchez, Ross Ohlendorf, Mark Melancon, JB Cox, Ian Kennedy, etc...

Yankees have a top 15 farm system now. Ton of young arms with good potential, lacking with the offensive prospects.

since im from the west...ill pick two systems from the west...

the padres come to mind when i think of poor minor league systems...they traded away kottaras who i thought was gonna be the guy who replaced piazza...and now the only guy i can think of cesar carrillo who has had arm trouble in his past if i remember correctly...they did pick up kouzmanhoff...but other then that...i cant see their farm keepin them competitive in the NL west which is loaded with youngsters in the next couple of years...

my second team is also from the NL west...the gigantes...when i think of a team full of aging vets...this is the team that comes to mind...their average starting lineup age is probably in the mid 30s...and they continue to acquire guys who can help them win right now...i just dont see it happening...with cain locked up until his arbitration years are done...and with lincecum probably seeing time in the bigs this year...i can only think of jonathen sanchez as their other prospects that i recognize...much like the pads, this quickly aging team is goin to have a hard time keeping up with the competition...

Anyone who thinks the Red Sox farm is weak is a moron.  Aside from Pedroia and Ellsbury.  They have Michael Bowden, Bryce Cox, Clay Buchholz, Daniel Bard, Lars Anderson and many more very good young players.