Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teamshameless

Rotoworld h2h Points League

There has been a lot of talk about points leagues on this list recently and it seems like the best way to figure them out is just to start one. So here goes.

#1 This topic probably belongs on "matchmaker" but the traffic here is just so much better. I'll move it later.

#2 I think it should be h2h because I play h2h. That is a good enough reason for me, but others might disagree.

#3 It seems like Yahoo does not allow for this kind of league. According to Yaz, they have in the past, but at this point, we should probably make it NBA.com or CBS. I guess you have to pay for CBS. Is that correct? I've never played it, but would be interested if others were. I've played NBA.com and I don't have great things to say about it, but if it has to be, then it has to be.

#4 We can figure out the rest as we go along, but let's see who is interested. Respond here with an email and/or email me at teamshameless@yahoo.com. (allow a couple of days for a response as I do not check that one everyday.)

I also might be looking for a co-commissioner or two, as my time might be a little short, but we can also figure that out as we go. Let me know if you would be interested there as well.

Any $ going to be on the line?

Not that I will have anything to do with nor do I think any of the commish's should either. If people want to make side bets, that's cool. I might even join in, but overall, this is about list bragging rights and wanting to learn about points leagues.

Not that I will have anything to do with nor do I think any of the commish's should either. If people want to make side bets, that's cool. I might even join in, but overall, this is about list bragging rights and wanting to learn about points leagues.

Gotcha, well I'm interested.

I'll play, but not on CBS - can't see how the commish will gather the money (I'm not american).

I also am not living in the US, but i am pretty sure, you just pay an individual fee to be in the league. There is no money gathering.

Like I said, it doesn't matter to me. It would be the only league I had to pay a fee to be in this year, so it wouldn't be huge but I totally understand if others weren't into it. Makes total sense.

I've been playing at CBS for about 5 years, and I know that the person who initially sets up the league is the one that's for it in practice (between 100$ and 150$, depending on when you register).

If you play with folks you know it's all good, but this is not the case.

I've been playing at CBS for about 5 years, and I know that the person who initially sets up the league is the one that's for it in practice (between 100$ and 150$, depending on when you register).

Really? Wow, that is lame. I'm always amazed at how much difficulty companies have setting up fantasy leagues. I'm guessing that IT departments hate them. Whenever you use words like "live" "up to the minute" "multi users" "credit cards" IT asks for more staff.

How about a bump.

So far we have

teamshameless

Yaz

Mustachtoes

Dino Mite

Other yet to respond in the positive.

Rotoking (s)

KG4MVP

Markdash

Czar

I'm sure I'm missing a few others(Dr. A!)

I'll go searching for others, but it would be cool if were all regulars.

How about a bump.

So far we have

teamshameless

Yaz

Mustachtoes

Dino Mite

Other yet to respond in the positive.

Rotoking (s)

KG4MVP

Markdash

Czar

I'm sure I'm missing a few others(Dr. A!)

I'll go searching for others, but it would be cool if were all regulars.

Shameless, I have a Yahoo league setup and ready to go and I would love to commish the league with all the people above. If you want I can post the league ID and password and we can all setup shop in there.

what dont u like about cbs?

This sounds like a good idea Dino Mite. Email me off line and lets get this going. Csquared, are you in? How about others?

what dont u like about cbs?

I love CBS, but am already paying for 2 leagues there. And like I said before, the commissioner would have to collect money from the other league members which would be a terrible hassle, as we all live on different countries (some even different continents).

Regarding the Yahoo! league - I thought we agreed that there's no way to setup a H2H points league in Yahoo. Has something changed since?

NBA.com seems like a perfect fit to what we want.

I love CBS, but am already paying for 2 leagues there. And like I said before, the commissioner would have to collect money from the other league members which would be a terrible hassle, as we all live on different countries (some even different continents).

Regarding the Yahoo! league - I thought we agreed that there's no way to setup a H2H points league in Yahoo. Has something changed since?

NBA.com seems like a perfect fit to what we want.

I've always been a huge Yahoo supporter but I'm open to what ever the majority decides. I know and trust Yahoo but Yaz is right that if we used Yahoo it couldn't be an H2H league so we'd have to play total fantasy points in Yahoo as oppose to H2H but total fantasy points is fun too. I've never used CBS so I'll have to take someone else's word on their quality. I did try NBA.com last year and hated it because I found it cluttered and not as user friendly and just hated the layout.

Why don't we take a vote. My order of preference is

1. Yahoo

2. CBS

3. NBA.com

Three points for a first place vote, two points for second and one point for third.

Let's hear from all the people who are going to be in this league and try to get it ready to go.

I don't see how CBS is an option because of the payment issues. Remember this thread started becasue we wanted to setup a h2h Points League. Also, they say at NBA.com that they have done wonders to their GUI.

I don't see how CBS is an option because of the payment issues. Remember this thread started becasue we wanted to setup a h2h Points League. Also, they say at NBA.com that they have done wonders to their GUI.

So is it safe to assume your order of preference is NBA.com, then Yahoo, then CBS? Can we confirm that an H2H points league is possible in NBA.com?

Isn't there a free option on CBS? Maybe I'll go and look around NBA.com and see what kind of improvements they've made, are we talking like a major overhaul or just minor improvements? Because unless they've done a major overhaul I still prefer Yahoo but I will check it out and have a look.

i agree, if CBS costs its probably out. Especially given what yaz describes. I'll double check it this weekend. Seems like despite my general hatred for NBA.com's leagues, we may have to go in that direction.

I have seen their new UI. it's got problems. serious problems, but they have been pretty good about fixing them when identified.

OK, I've setup a 12 team H2H points based league on NBA.com.

Whoever wants to join, post an email here or send a personal message to me and I'll send an invite (priority goes to those who participated on this thread).

Scoring system will be discussed once we get enough players. League's name also debatable (right now it's titled the "This can't be happening" league).

I am hoping for an Online draft, but like anything else, it is negotiable.

This sounds like a good idea Dino Mite. Email me off line and lets get this going. Csquared, are you in? How about others?

nah...i like sticking with just 1 team to focus on in all sports...thx anyway

i agree, if CBS costs its probably out. Especially given what yaz describes. I'll double check it this weekend. Seems like despite my general hatred for NBA.com's leagues, we may have to go in that direction.

I have seen their new UI. it's got problems. serious problems, but they have been pretty good about fixing them when identified.

yes, cbs charges an up front $99.95 charge for the season...dont think they have a free option/league setup

OK, I've setup a 12 team H2H points based league on NBA.com.

Whoever wants to join, post an email here or send a personal message to me and I'll send an invite (priority goes to those who participated on this thread).

Scoring system will be discussed once we get enough players. League's name also debatable (right now it's titled the "This can't be happening" league).

I am hoping for an Online draft, but like anything else, it is negotiable.

what else but an online draft could you possibly do?

what else but an online draft could you possibly do?

A draft by e-mail, or at a discussion board, but an online draft is always the best choice.

i might be interested but i wont even be thinkin about a Fbasketball draft til late october. i like to hear word out of camps/pre-season before i draft. so if you're doing yours before the last week of october, count me out.

i might be interested but i wont even be thinkin about a Fbasketball draft til late october. i like to hear word out of camps/pre-season before i draft. so if you're doing yours before the last week of october, count me out.

fyi - the season starts the last week of october - tue 10/30

doing my draft the wed before....

fyi - the season starts the last week of october - tue 10/30

doing my draft the wed before....

cool, ill keep that in mind. what's the scoring type and platform BTW?