Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teamshameless

Rotoworld h2h Points League

I'm actually for drafting early, but I think the live draft is the way to go. Good going Yaz. I'll sign up.

i might be interested but i wont even be thinkin about a Fbasketball draft til late october. i like to hear word out of camps/pre-season before i draft. so if you're doing yours before the last week of october, count me out.

We all have other leagues that are running for quite some time, and I think they should get priority over this one. To avoid conflicts with the "Primary" leagues, we will need to set the date to about two weeks before the season starts (meaning between the 15th and 21st of October). Of course, if most of the other participants will decide otherwise, I will humbly accept their decision.

Send me the info. I am down to try a new league or two. Never done a points/h2h or a league on NBA.com.

Tell me what I need to get started.

Just send me a message with your email address and I'll send you an invitation.

...so I guess that if you are a MOD here, you are allowed to have this up in the Basketball Talk section instead of Matchmaker; but if you are a reg poster, you can't have the same post (even with a "please allow this one for a day" disclaimer) placed where THIS one is (for football). Thanks for the fairness, Mods... <- sarcasm B)

Hey Ziggy, we have allowed this one because it is an rotoworld forum league designed for (although not limited to) board regulars. If I were recruiting for my own private league (which I am sure I will be soon enough), I would not post here. I would post in matchmaker like everyone else.

also, are you a board regular? 28 posts doesn't seem very regular. not that you are not welcome here. Glad to have new faces and old.

Update:

So far we have 2 owners (myself and Dino) and one (Czar) who got an invitation but has yet to register his team.

We are hoping for another 9 owners. Leave an email here or on a private message if you want a spot (Ziggy, you're more than welcomed if you want).

Update:

So far we have 2 owners (myself and Dino) and one (Czar) who got an invitation but has yet to register his team.

We are hoping for another 9 owners. Leave an email here or on a private message if you want a spot (Ziggy, you're more than welcomed if you want).

Sorry I haven't left my email yet. teamshameless at yahoo dot com. I also have a couple of players that I will recruite. Since this is an "alternative" format, if we only get 10 that is fine with me. We'll be beating them off next year ;-)

Sorry I haven't left my email yet. teamshameless at yahoo dot com. I also have a couple of players that I will recruite. Since this is an "alternative" format, if we only get 10 that is fine with me. We'll be beating them off next year ;-)

:o:lol::DB);):)

FYI- I got the invite from Yaz and I have been trying to create a username on NBA.com and I follow all the steps and hit submit and then it tells me that I have accessed a dead link or one that no longer exists and won't allow me to create a username to login and join.

Is anyone else having difficulties? Could you PM me and let me know what is going on? I am trying to get it. It could just be a server problem for them at this moment, but it is really frustrating. I've tried like 4-5 times now.

Save me a spot until I get this ironed out. I am just wondering if anyone else is having issues as well.

I figured it out. Pass on the info.

If you try to set up your username from the fantasy section, it won't let you as it says dead link. The invite directs you to the fantasy section.

I had to go the NBA.com main page and create a username there and then go back to the fantasy section to join, so let people know so they don't get as frustrated as my avatar.

I figured it out. Pass on the info.

If you try to set up your username from the fantasy section, it won't let you as it says dead link. The invite directs you to the fantasy section.

I had to go the NBA.com main page and create a username there and then go back to the fantasy section to join, so let people know so they don't get as frustrated as my avatar.

Welcome to NBA.com

Shameless told me to get in here and sign up for this league, so here I am. Pretty unfamiliar with this site though, so I'm not sure how to sign up for the league? If there is still room, I would join in. Shameless can vouch for me if it's needed. How do I go about signing up for the league?

Let me know.

Shameless told me to get in here and sign up for this league, so here I am. Pretty unfamiliar with this site though, so I'm not sure how to sign up for the league? If there is still room, I would join in. Shameless can vouch for me if it's needed. How do I go about signing up for the league?

Let me know.

Like the new UserName Wow.

Yep, he is good. We have been in at least one league together for 4(?) years. Awsome to see you here! Now get posting!

Who am I to keep anyone from playing? Everyone is welcomed, as long as they're ready to give their best.

You need to go to NBA.com and register yourself.

You can go here: http://www.nba.com/rm/register.jsp

Then, send me a personal message and I'll send you an invitation.

can a new member interested in join? if so, contact me at hyunwoos@yahoo.com. and i'd prefer yahoo.

We all prefer Yahoo, but since we can't create a H2H, fantasy points based league, we went with the default choice.

I am interested and want in.

MT, is this the thread you were talking about?

Well Im interested in joining a league as well... In my opinion though, whatever site you use Im game. Ive been in yahoo fantasy and cbs sports, and to be honest, there is no comparison...I think yahoo fantasy is horrible !!! I love cbs fantasy leagues, everything is perfect, stats, player news, anything an owner needs is all right there for them. Only thing I dont like about cbs is the payout. If you havent played a cbs fantasy, maybe I can explain it for you. Well you can set up basically any kind of league you like. You can make leagues either free or paid leagues (public or private) ... Commisioner ran leagues or cbs ran leagues (where you dont have to worry about anything other then everyone showing up for the live online draft). In the paid leagues there are different pay methods, Gold 29.95(the cheapest) Platinum 99.95 (next one up) and the Diamond 249.95 (which is the highest). On cbs for the sport league you are in, all additional teams come at a cheaper rate, for instance I usually join the platinum leagues for 99.95, any 2nd team is 79.95. Only thing is the payouts are 150 to the gold winner, 600 for the platinum winner and 1600 for the diamond winner. But like I said I just wanted to fill you guys in that havent used cbs sports before, which I feel is by far the best fantasy site.

I just checked Sportsline and from what I can tell you can not adjust points in the free leagues.

If we want to customize our league scoring, it seems that we will have to pay. Unless someone knows differently, I think we have to stick with NBA.com.

Seems also like we are getting some traction. Everyone is welcome in this league as long as they are willing to play from beginning to the end. (as in the last week.) However, I think its only fair to give preference to board regulars and people referred by regulars.

Should be enough room for everyone, but I just want to make sure those who participate the most and have proven they are good get priority.

12 teams? I'm a little hesitant.. it's on NBA.com and it's going to be tough to track two different teams on two different service providers with all that's going on for me this year... I think I might be out, but thanks for the invite guys!

I moved this to the matchmaker page. We are still looking for 3 more players. Then we can hash out the points system.