Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worldpeace

Wilson Chandler 2012

My 1st post :D

Where is wilson going to land and what are some realistic numbers for him to finish the season?

I think if he goes to the raptors, who are desperate at the wing, he can easily end up producing to the tune of 15ppg 6.5rpg 2apg 1.3steals 1.0 blocks on 47 75 with MAYBE a trey too. He's definitely one of those guys who can potentially join the 1-1-1 club, which is very elite.

Any thoughts?

As far as I know, Wilson is a restricted free agent. And if I'm correctly understanding how that works, Denver will likely match any offer made my another club, meaning he'll stay a Nugget. If, for some strange reason, that doesn't happen and he finds a new team, I've heard that the Knicks would love to get him back in New York.

I dont think the raptors are desperate. They are committed to Derozan and also have Barbosa and Bayless. I am not sure the Raptors will open the purse book for Wilson. I see Wilson going to a contender and not a team in rebuild mode. Also the knicks dont have the cap room to sign him. WC may very well wait until this season ends when teams are projected to have more cap room. Sure seems like a nice player to replace Ray Allen eventually. Just my 2 cents.

My 1st post :D

Where is wilson going to land and what are some realistic numbers for him to finish the season?

I think if he goes to the raptors, who are desperate at the wing, he can easily end up producing to the tune of 15ppg 6.5rpg 2apg 1.3steals 1.0 blocks on 47 75 with MAYBE a trey too. He's definitely one of those guys who can potentially join the 1-1-1 club, which is very elite.

Any thoughts?

As far as I know, Wilson is a restricted free agent. And if I'm correctly understanding how that works, Denver will likely match any offer made my another club, meaning he'll stay a Nugget. If, for some strange reason, that doesn't happen and he finds a new team, I've heard that the Knicks would love to get him back in New York.

Yes that's correct but I do doubt their ability to match any offer. They signed gallo on a pretty premium so it may not be in their best interest to use the majority of their capspace on 2 wings. We will see though. He may not even play this year.

I dont think the raptors are desperate. They are committed to Derozan and also have Barbosa and Bayless. I am not sure the Raptors will open the purse book for Wilson. I see Wilson going to a contender and not a team in rebuild mode. Also the knicks dont have the cap room to sign him. WC may very well wait until this season ends when teams are projected to have more cap room. Sure seems like a nice player to replace Ray Allen eventually. Just my 2 cents.

All very good points. I think they wouldn't miss Barbosa though and demar is definitely more suited for the 2. A backcourt of jerryd demar and wilson would be wellsized and capable of performing on boh ends of the court. I definitely agree he'd be a good fit for the celtics but as a laker fan I would hope he doesn't sign there haha.

Anyone know (rough estimate) when he will be back and available to play in the states?

Anyone know (rough estimate) when he will be back and available to play in the states?

Earliest is after the 2nd week of February. Earliest if his team makes playoffs is end of February. Latest if he signs this year will be toward the end of March. I added him in a couple leagues preemptively but looks like I will likely be dropping him for a hot pickup tonight

his team is currently the 4th seed and is likely to make the playoffs. the end of february or the beginning of march is probably the best case. if his team does well in the playoffs then he could be in china till march 30th. it's a pretty risky add imo

I am pretty sure he has to wait until the Chinese league year commences. Even if his team doesn't make the playoffs I believe he still has to wait to sign with an NBA team. I think they end in February and he can play in March, I am not 100% on any of this though.

I am pretty sure he has to wait until the Chinese league year commences. Even if his team doesn't make the playoffs I believe he still has to wait to sign with an NBA team. I think they end in February and he can play in March, I am not 100% on any of this though.

I was doing my research last night on chandler, smith and brooks regarding there CBA team. The season ends the 18 of feb if there team doesn't make the playoff then there season is over. Which means they will get there clearence from Fiba. Chandlers and brooks team is currently 4th and 1st. If both teams make it to the finals there season will end the first week of april. Smith team is currently 8th his team has a chance of making the playoff due to there schedule. But from what I read he seems not interested in the game. if his team doesn't make the playoff he should get his FIBA clearance be back end of feb or begining of march

Each player will be freed from their contracts with the last game, regular or playoff, of their respective teams' seasons. Aaron Brooks is the most likely player to be held until the very end due to the fact that his team clinched a playoff berth 2 weeks before any one else and they're going after their fifth consecutive title :o. So basically wilson could potentially play after Feb 15thish if his team somehow tanks and misses playoffs. I don't know if that's even possible considering they're 4th seed.

China BB regular season ends on Feb 15th. then they will have 10 days off before first round playoff starts. So he will be back in early March at earliest.

JR Smiths team is trying to lock a spot guess he has something to prove?

I was doing my research last night on chandler, smith and brooks regarding there CBA team. The season ends the 18 of feb if there team doesn't make the playoff then there season is over. Which means they will get there clearence from Fiba. Chandlers and brooks team is currently 4th and 1st. If both teams make it to the finals there season will end the first week of april. Smith team is currently 8th his team has a chance of making the playoff due to there schedule. But from what I read he seems not interested in the game. if his team doesn't make the playoff he should get his FIBA clearance be back end of feb or begining of march

Actually JR just scored 60 pts yesterday, so he's not eager to get back obviously. his team has pretty good chance making playoff, but will be very likely eliminated in first round.

Wilson Chandler's team will probably pass first round.

CBA first round playoff starts on Feb 25th

Wilson is doing everything in his power to tank and miss the playoffs. Of course, I am "joking". However, it appears that the team is now in 7th place and there is a chance that they will not make the playoffs:

This is the article I found:

Once towards the top of the standings, is Guangsha even going to make the playoffs? That’s the question after the Lions were blown out in Urumqi on Friday. After rebounding with a strong game in Round 28, Wilson Chandler reverted back to passively shooting jump shots, finishing 4-16 for 10 points. The game was never close. Xinjiang’s Tim Pickett got off to a hot start and continued to stay aggressive on offense, scoring 35 points and grabbing 10 rebounds. Gani Lawal contributed with 15 points and eight boards and Mengke Bateer put in 15. The win is Xinjiang’s fourth straight and puts them in seventh place, while Guangsha drops to sixth. Guangsha feeds of Chandler, who when he wants to be is the toughest individual matchup in the league. However, a long-term NBA deal likely on the table whenever he returns to the NBA, Chandler’s priority appears to lie within maintaining his health in preparation for his big payday. –Jon Pastuszek Box Score

My 7th place remark came from the link,

http://www.eurobaske...3_4369_7304.asp

Date: February 3, 2012

We should mention about the upset which took place in Urumqi, where higher ranked Zhejiang Guangsha Lions (15-12) were outleveled in a road game by tenth ranked Xinjiang Flying Tige (14-12) 99-69 on Friday. The game without a history. Xinjiang Flying Tige led from the first minutes and controlled entire game increasing their lead in each quarter. They dominated down low during the game scoring 60 of its points in the paint compared to Zhejiang Guangsha Lions' 38. The best player for the winners was American swingman Tim Pickett (193-81, college: Florida St.) who had a double-double by scoring 35 points (!!!), 10 rebounds and 5 assists. The former international center Bateer Mengke (210-75) chipped in 15 points and 6 assists. American-Puerto Rican center Peter John Ramos (222-85) produced 13 points and 8 rebounds and forward Yongpeng Zhang (208-90) added 15 points and 7 rebounds (perfect from the field making all six shots) respectively for the guests. Four Xinjiang Flying Tige and five Zhejiang Guangsha Lions players scored in double figures. Zhejiang Guangsha Lions' coach gave up on the game allowing to play ten players seeing no chance for a win. Xinjiang Flying Tige have a solid series of three victories in a row. They moved-up to eighth place. Zhejiang Guangsha Lions at the other side dropped to the seventh position with 12 games lost. Xinjiang Flying Tige are looking forward to face Jilin Tigers (#12) in Changchun in the next round. Zhejiang Guangsha Lions will play on the road against Shanxi Zhongyu (#5) in Taiyuan and it may be a tough game between close rivals.

what will he average in the league do u think this year

i know it depends on who picks him up, but if its a s---y team like toronto do you think he could average 16 5 and 3 with a high percentage

If he goes to Toronto, that would be the ideal fantasy location for him. He can easily average 18/7 with a steal and 1.5 blocks w/ 2 3's. He would be a top 20 pick in Toronto.

It appears more and more like he'll be back in Denver. The FO is really intent on keeping him(GM is flying to China to meet with him face to face here pretty soon), and the fact that his agent came out and said Wilson is looking to sign a long term deal with the Nuggets(per Sam Amick)...I'd give it at least a 75% chance of happening.

If that ends up being the case, it probably wont be the greatest for his fantasy numbers. Best case there would be him putting up similar numbers as he did at the end of the season last year after the trade(13/5/2/1/1). Still a decent WW pickup, but not really a game changer.

Toronto will pull a Turk with this dude.

Definitely not great for fantasy purposes or for Wilson Chandler if he resigns with Denver. Way too crowded at 2 and 3, and even at 4. IF he goes Toronto, I will get a fantasy boner.

I hear ya, I hope he goes to Detroit we could use some Defense beyond Big Ben and Monroe.