Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worldpeace

Wilson Chandler 2012

If he goes to Toronto, that would be the ideal fantasy location for him. He can easily average 18/7 with a steal and 1.5 blocks w/ 2 3's. He would be a top 20 pick in Toronto.

That's a tad ambitious considering those are numbers players like gay and Granger aren't even producing. It's a pretty ceiling but I feel like the projections I posted in the first post are a bit more realistic.

May be a bit ambitious. However, my projected numbers are close to what he was doing in NY before he got traded to Denver last year. Also, I believe that NY had more capable players in NY than Toronto has.

His Chinese team is currently in 9th place, but in a close race to get into the playoffs. There are four games left, at least two of which looks winnable against teams with weaker records. I'll be more inclined to pick up Chandler if Chandler's team loses to JR's team (currently 6th).

His Chinese team is currently in 9th place, but in a close race to get into the playoffs. There are four games left, at least two of which looks winnable against teams with weaker records. I'll be more inclined to pick up Chandler if Chandler's team loses to JR's team (currently 6th).

What day is that game?...

Here is my best efforts and making sense out of an extremely amateur CBA website. It's 3 days not up to date... Games on the 3rd and 5th are already up to date, it seems like they updated the standings just not the scores in the schedule.

Here's Chandler's remaining schedule. (opposing team's place, opposing team's record)

Feb. 3, 2012 Xinjiang F.T.-Guangsha L. (7th, 15-12)

Feb. 5, 2012 Shanxi Zh.-Guangsha L. (5th 16-11)

Feb. 8, 2012 Guangsha L.-Bayi Fubang (15th, 9-18)

Feb. 10, 2012 Guangsha L.-Zhejiang C. (6th, 15-12) (vs Smith's team)

Feb. 15, 2012 Guangsha L.-Beijing Ducks (2nd, 19-9)

Here's Smith's remaining schedule. (opposing team's place, opposing team's record)

Feb. 3, 2012 Shandong FB-Zhejiang C. (12th, 12-17)

Feb. 5, 2012 Foshan-Zhejiang C. (16th, 7-21)

Feb. 8, 2012 Shanghai S.-Zhejiang C. (8th, 15-13)

Feb. 10, 2012 Guangsha L.-Zhejiang C. (9th, 15-13) (vs Chandler's team)

Feb. 14, 2012 Liaoning H.-Zhejiang C. (10th, 14-14)

J.R. Smith's team is in a better position to make the playoffs. As they are one less loss as well as have a weaker remaining schedule.

With Gallo being out for possibly 3 to 4 wks (of course, we are speculating on his injury), will Denver make a stronger push to sing Wilson? A lot of variables have to fall into place for Wilson to be in uniform in 2 weeks.

when is the right time to take the plunge and pick this guy up? do we still have some time to hold off and wait?

when is the right time to take the plunge and pick this guy up? do we still have some time to hold off and wait?

Not that anyone cares, but I picked him up last week. My feeling is that it is going to be hard to find someone like Chandler on the WW.

Really depends on your standing in your league and how good the managers are. Savvy owners will be adding him early so unless you're fighting to make playoffs, I'd suggest adding soon DEPENDING on the outcome of his next few games.

the regular season in China ends on Feb. 15th. If Chandler's team doesn't make the playoffs and Denver signs him to an extension, how soon can he play?? Just curious.. I would think he should be playing by March or earlier..

Could be interesting if he signs during the same time of danilo's injury. He could make his presence within the team real quick if it's like that

Assuming that Chandler's team does not make the playoffs, I don't see why he wouldn't be back in uniform by 3/1 (possibly earlier). At this time, Denver would have played 36 games, leaving 30 games left on the Denver schedule. At this time, he's worth a flyer.

assuming he goes back to denver, who would he take minutes away from?

Harrington, Fernandez, Miller, Gallo. He will get his 30 minutes.

Harrington could go to PF with Nene and Mosgov out, either way he would still be the 6th man. I would pick CHandler up even if he only played in 15 games.

Well Chandler's team seems to be on a downward spiral, currently sitting out of the playoffs, but JR team seems closer to get there.

I'm really interested in Chandler, cause he is like a mini Lebron, and is a game changer, if you play in deep leagues.

I stashed him in a 16 team league, about ... 3 weeks ago (beg of week 4), took that bold move cause I thought that 8 teams would make the playoffs and rosters of 15 players (no IR) with game limit of 45 games for match up (H2H league 9 cats) would allow me to take the risk, but then Bogut went down and actually only 4 teams go to the playoffs :P (I'm currently sitting on the fourth), so I'm actually rooting for the demise of his chinese team.

Here is a quick link to the CBA

http://www.asia-bask.../basketball.asp

ESPN keeper league, H2H 9 cats, 16 teams

PG: Brandon Jennings, Kyle Lowry, Mike Conley

PG/SG: Jerryd Bayless, Randy Foye

SG: Gordon Hayward, Vince Carter

SF: Lebron James, Wilson Chandler

PF: Nicola Vucevic, Bismack Byiombo

C: Andrew Bynum, Andrew Bogut, Marcin Gortat, Nikola Pekovic

Rooting so hard against his team..... He would be a pretty big addition to my team, with his SG and SF versatility, which is exactly what I need.

Gallo will be back after the all star break. Don't know how chandler would fit for minutes. Pretty crowded forward position already in denver (Rudy, harrington, brewer, affallo, etc)...with gallo out too

A few things to consider when stashing a guy like Chandler: 1. Is he going to make the playoffs in China -- my bet is no considering the way Chandler and his team have been playing as of late. 2. Is he going to sign with Denver -- My thinking on this is 50-50. There are some teams out there that can give him a significant amount of money. If so, how fantasy friendly is the destination? Raptors -- above average. I don't think he will sign with a place that is not at least as fantasy friendly as Denver (in other words, a place where he will have a significant role). 3. Denver - his numbers, albeit down from when he played in NY, were still serviceable. Also, I believe the situation is better this year for him if Denver signs him/matches the contract that is offered by the Raptors or some other team. Essentially, it is the same team less JR Smith. With Gallo being out 1 mos +, this may be the time for Chandler to shine if he does land in Denver in a couple of weeks. I believe the reg season ends for Chandler on 2/15. Again, if he does not make the playoffs, why wouldn't he be able to play by 2/25 regardless of where he signs? I am sure his agent has been working the phones to make this a seamless transition as possible