Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swirsky Stars

No Arenas?!

What...I tune into the Wizards-Bobcats game just after the tip and Gilbert's not on the court....

Why?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!1?!??!!??

Geeze.....it looks like for some reason Arenas didn't start the game.....maybe he showed up late?

I took a sigh of relief when I saw this.....

3:49 WAS - G. Arenas enters game for D. Stevenson

Well Gil just left the floor to the locker room, hopefully he's okay and can return to the game. He left on his own power so I'm optimistic. Seeing his stat line as he got off the court was pretty funny though...

Points - 0 Rebounds - 1 Minutes - 2

Hopefully he's okay.

i didn't see the injury....what happened?

Gerald Wallace went up for one of his circus shots, and as he landed off balance his body clipped Gilbert's left leg, Gil went down grasping his knee but was able to leave the court on his own power without the help of his teammates. I think Gil will come back hopefully in the second half.

i saw the game and he sprained his knee and didnt return. hopefully its not a serious injury and he will be back next game

Geez, he's getting an MRI and there's talk of him missing the rest of the season...

Gilbert Arenas will have an MRI on Thursday to determine the full extent of his knee damage, but it's very possible the All-Star guard will not be able to return during the regular season.

Arenas was injured late in the first quarter after playing less than two minutes. He did not start for the first time this season because he was late for the team's shootaround. The Wizards have only eight games left in the regular season, so Antonio Daniels should have some good value the final couple weeks. We'll keep you posted, but this doesn't look good for Arenas. Antonio Daniels looks like a great addition now.

I wondered if he "called" only playing two minutes? You think Wallace was yelling 'quality shot' on his way down? B)

Oh well, lucky season I guess, after losing Wade, Tony Allen, Lee, Bogut and now Arenas!

To think I have Chandler and MoWill who just went down today too.