Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CJones9

CarGo Trade

I'm in a head-to-head points league that favors hitting. With our scoring, elite hitters are projected for 300-320 points, while elite pitchers are projected for 170-200 points.

With that said, I'm being offered Carlos Gonzalez as a 12th round keeper if I give up Felix Hernandez as a 7th round keeper. Am I right to make this happen?

The only thing that scares me with CarGo, obviously, is injuries. I know there's speculation about his wrist injury becoming chronic.

If this matters- my other keepers are Justin Upton (10th round), David Price (16th round), Matt Moore (20th round) and Eric Hosmer (20th round). Despite pitching being undervalued, I still feel like I have a decent amount of it. And three core position player keepers of Upton, Gonzalez and Hosmer is really tempting to me.

Do it.

no brainer for me hitting heavy league and getting a guy that could go 35/35 and hit over .300 with 100 rbi and a 100 runs you take it and run...no worries about his wrist...

no brainer for me hitting heavy league and getting a guy that could go 35/35 and hit over .300 with 100 rbi and a 100 runs you take it and run...no worries about his wrist...

35/35? That's pretty bold.

Alright, so the guy backed out of the CarGo trade.

Here's my thinking now-- The guy who owns Jacoby Ellsbury as a 7th round keeper told me before that he would trade him for Felix. Should I do this, with all of the remaining things as the original post?

I don't know what to expect out of Ellsbury this year. It's a head-to-head points league where steals are worth .5. I'm a little scared about the uncertainty I have about him, but he obviously put up massive numbers last year. The other side to this, and I don't know if this means anything or not, but it looks like I'm going to take Pedroia in the first round of our draft.

I was more in favor of CarGo because he's younger, but they both have plenty of talent.

Again, my current keepers are Justin Upton (10th round), Price (16), Matt Moore (20) and Hosmer (20). Felix or Ellsbury will be my fifth.

Do you do the trade or not?

Also, I could make a run at Tulo as a 6th round keeper. Tulo and Ellsbury seem to be the best available values to go after.

I'd do Felix for Tulo in a heartbeat. I'd probably also do it for Ellsbury since your league favors hitting.