Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yoda

Ask a Fantasy Jedi: The Truth Can You Handle?

Check out the team in my sig...would you deal Greinke for Matt Latos/Logan Morrison? It's a keeper league with unlimited keepers and I took over a team lacking offense.

Your league is offense heavy and I can see why you want to upgrade. I think it is a fair deal but you are giving up the best player in the deal. I don't like Latos in Cincy as much since his numbers will probably decline. But with Cain and Weaver, you have two stud pitchers already. Morrow and Scherzer could step up also. So the question is, does Morrison make up the difference between Greinke and Latos? In this format, he just might given a full season and he is young enough. If you think Latos won't decline and Morrison will boost your offense then pull the trigger.

if you get a chance master yoda. edit: team now in sig.

Not sure what you are asking?

Master Yoda,

Thank you very much for your time and knowledge.

12 team, 5x5, $260, 15 keeper

2 C, 1 1B, 1 2B, 1 SS, 1 3B, 1 MI, 1 CI, 5 OF, 2 Util, 9 P, 5 bench

We keep up to 15. Here is my list, the price and the # of years they can be kept. Who do you keep?

$11 Adrian Gonzalez (3 yrs)

$17 Prince Fielder (2 yrs)

$24 Robinson Cano (2 yrs)

$7 Desmond Jennings (4 yrs)

$6 Paul Goldschmidt (4 yrs)

$6 Jason Kipnis (4 yrs)

$5 Carlos Beltran (2 yrs)

$6 Lucas Duda (4 yrs)

$4 Danny Espinosa (4 yrs)

$3 Yadier Molina (3 yrs)

$14 Craig Kimbrell (3 yrs)

$6 Sergio Santos (4 yrs)

$6 Rafael Betancounrt (3 yrs)

$10 CJ Wilson (2 yrs)

$10 Ricky Romero (2 yrs)

$10 Jordan Zimmerman (2 yrs)

$1 Johan Santana (3 yrs)

$6 Addison Reed (4 yrs)

$9 Hiroki Kuroda (1 yr)

$10 Tim Hudson (1 yr)

Thanks

Ending roster in sig, standard scoring. I'd never done an auction league, but a few buddies in an auction re-draft asked me to join. I did a few auction mocks leading up to the draft and did a bit of research beforehand. I gleaned two key things in my research... patience and restraint are paramount early and there is always insane value late. I did the first almost to a fault, and am unsure I got good value late.

So let this auction-newbie know how I did in the auction itself, and what do I need to do to my team to win this thing! $260 budget, 23 roster spots.

PK 2. Miggy Cabrera - $46

45. Buster Posey - $8

51. Josh Hamilton - $27

60. Josh Johnson - $13

61. Hanley Ramirez - $24

71. Matt Holiday - $19

77. Adam Wainwright - $10

80. Dee Gordon - $5

90. Jay Bruce - $15

96. Madison Bumgarner - $9

112. Aramis Ramirez - $13

125. Jon Lester - $15

133. James Shields - $17

135. Jason Heyward - $4

149. Tommy Hanson - $7

172. Dustin Ackley - $3

173. Brian Wilson - $6

177. Sergio Santos - $6

180. Jason Kipnis - $1

187. David Ortiz - $3

195. Jason Motte - $4

196. Chris Perez - $2

197. Javy Guerra - $2

Remaining Budget - $1

My thoughts...

Pitching - I was able to hold off on bidding on the top tier guys early, and I definitely think it helped. I feel like I have by far and away the best pitching staff in the league, and I got everyone at decent-if-not-insanely good value. Pitchers that went early were highly overpriced... Halladay went for $45, Verlander went for $44, and Kershaw went for $46, the same amount I paid for Cabrera. And it carried on in to the middle rounds, where guys like Price, Haren, and Gallardo all went for over $30. I feel like Shields and Lester were absolute steals, and Bumgarner, Hanson, and my two injured aces (Johnson and Wainwright) were at least good values. For relievers, some of the bigger names went early, but I don't think anyone overpaid to much. But I also think I got good value late, even if I have to scour the WW for closers in-season. For some perspective, JJ Putz, Andrew Bailey, Marmol, and Soria all went around when I got Wilson and Santos, and they all cost between $8-10. But a few rounds of nominations earlier, Walden, Valverde, Street, Betancourt, Hanrahan, and Madsen and others all went

for over $12, and a few rounds of nominations before that, the top tier guys Kimbrel, Axford, Papelbon, Madson, and Bell all went for $16-23. Then the rest of the closers went at the end of the auction, and I was able to slightly overpay to fill out my roster. Again, I feel like I did really well when it came to pitching.

Hitting - Not sure if I did as well as with my pitchers. I was patient, but a CPU disconnet landed me Miggy. I didn't bid on him; I lost connection and my auto-bid got him for me. But I still like it, even if I would have split his cost later on a Tiexiera/Brandon Phillips combo like I was planning. Tulo, Pujols, Braun, Cano, and Kemp all went for $50 or more after I got Miggy, and Prince, AGonz, CarGo, Upton, Votto, and Bautista all went for over $42 right after. Again, I now feel like I got Miggy cheap. Hanely got nominated just after the initial nominations, and people were jsut starting to realize they needed to rien in their spending. Thats when myself and one other guy who had a similar plan went to work. I got HanRam for $24, only a few picks after Jose Reyes, Ian Kinsler, and Pedroia all went for over $33. My Outfield and UTIL spots are as good as any other in the league and cost less in total than some spent on one OFer. However, I know my infield could use some work. I think ARam was a solid pickup late, but I missed out on the mid-tier 2B because I overspent on Cabrera and was forced to take the scraps way late. I'm hoping that one or more of my SPs pan out and I can trade one for an upgrade. Other than that, I think I need some SBs which Ill be able to find on the WW in season, and possibly some Runs, but hopefully when I got after an 2B I can fill that void.

Master Yoda,

Thank you very much for your time and knowledge.

12 team, 5x5, $260, 15 keeper

2 C, 1 1B, 1 2B, 1 SS, 1 3B, 1 MI, 1 CI, 5 OF, 2 Util, 9 P, 5 bench

We keep up to 15. Here is my list, the price and the # of years they can be kept. Who do you keep?

$11 Adrian Gonzalez (3 yrs)

$17 Prince Fielder (2 yrs)

$7 Desmond Jennings (4 yrs)

$6 Paul Goldschmidt (4 yrs)

$6 Jason Kipnis (4 yrs)

$5 Carlos Beltran (2 yrs)

$6 Lucas Duda (4 yrs)

$4 Danny Espinosa (4 yrs)

$3 Yadier Molina (3 yrs)

$6 Sergio Santos (4 yrs)

$10 CJ Wilson (2 yrs)

$10 Ricky Romero (2 yrs)

$10 Jordan Zimmerman (2 yrs)

$1 Johan Santana (3 yrs)

$6 Addison Reed (4 yrs)

$9 Hiroki Kuroda (1 yr)

$10 Tim Hudson (1 yr)

Thanks

Thank you for the kind words!

My quick and dirty math shows 24 starters, 5 bench = 29 roster spots. Assuming your bench costs $20 (for simplicity sake), you have $240 to spread around 24 starters. Average cost of a starter is roughly $10. I selected 13 who I would definitely consider keeping for $120, leaving you with $120 to fill your remaining 11 starting positions.

I might keep Kimbrall and Betancourt for $20 combined because you need closers and both should be very good. Since I don't know who everyone else is keeping, I can't say for sure but it would leave you $100+ for 9 starters. I think you are in a great position.

*$11 Adrian Gonzalez (3 yrs)

*$17 Prince Fielder (2 yrs)

*$7 Desmond Jennings (4 yrs)

*$6 Paul Goldschmidt (4 yrs)

*$6 Jason Kipnis (4 yrs)

*$5 Carlos Beltran (2 yrs)

*$6 Lucas Duda (4 yrs)

*$4 Danny Espinosa (4 yrs)

*$3 Yadier Molina (3 yrs)

$6 Sergio Santos (4 yrs)

*$10 CJ Wilson (2 yrs)

*$10 Ricky Romero (2 yrs)

*$10 Jordan Zimmerman (2 yrs)

*$1 Johan Santana (3 yrs)

$6 Addison Reed (4 yrs)

$9 Hiroki Kuroda (1 yr)

$10 Tim Hudson (1 yr)

was hoping youd rate the team in sig, suggest changes needed. Thanks

was hoping youd rate the team in sig, suggest changes needed. Thanks

OK I wasn't clear as to what you were looking for. Looks good to me. Some question marks with injuries in your IF but you backed them up with upside guys. You may need a few more starting pitchers (are you planning on streaming?) but overall, you should do very well.

Thank you for the kind words!

My quick and dirty math shows 24 starters, 5 bench = 29 roster spots. Assuming your bench costs $20 (for simplicity sake), you have $240 to spread around 24 starters. Average cost of a starter is roughly $10. I selected 13 who I would definitely consider keeping for $120, leaving you with $120 to fill your remaining 11 starting positions.

I might keep Kimbrall and Betancourt for $20 combined because you need closers and both should be very good. Since I don't know who everyone else is keeping, I can't say for sure but it would leave you $100+ for 9 starters. I think you are in a great position.

*$11 Adrian Gonzalez (3 yrs)

*$17 Prince Fielder (2 yrs)

*$7 Desmond Jennings (4 yrs)

*$6 Paul Goldschmidt (4 yrs)

*$6 Jason Kipnis (4 yrs)

*$5 Carlos Beltran (2 yrs)

*$6 Lucas Duda (4 yrs)

*$4 Danny Espinosa (4 yrs)

*$3 Yadier Molina (3 yrs)

$6 Sergio Santos (4 yrs)

*$10 CJ Wilson (2 yrs)

*$10 Ricky Romero (2 yrs)

*$10 Jordan Zimmerman (2 yrs)

*$1 Johan Santana (3 yrs)

$6 Addison Reed (4 yrs)

$9 Hiroki Kuroda (1 yr)

$10 Tim Hudson (1 yr)

Yoda,

One thing I was not clear on, the $260 is our starting lineup salary cap, so bench does not count against that. So I could spend $350 if I wanted and have $90 on my bench. I'm not sure if that would change your response at all.

A couple of other notes

**If I were to cut Cano he would easily go for over $40

**Closers go for a premium in this league and are excellent trade bait

Any changes based on these other comments?

Thanks again!

Yoda,

One thing I was not clear on, the $260 is our starting lineup salary cap, so bench does not count against that. So I could spend $350 if I wanted and have $90 on my bench. I'm not sure if that would change your response at all.

A couple of other notes

**If I were to cut Cano he would easily go for over $40

**Closers go for a premium in this league and are excellent trade bait

Any changes based on these other comments?

Thanks again!

Wow that clearly changes a lot of things doesn't it? I'd dfinitely keep Cano. Find a way to keep all your closers. Cut Romero and Santana. You are in EXCELLENT position.

Ending roster in sig, standard scoring. I'd never done an auction league, but a few buddies in an auction re-draft asked me to join. I did a few auction mocks leading up to the draft and did a bit of research beforehand. I gleaned two key things in my research... patience and restraint are paramount early and there is always insane value late. I did the first almost to a fault, and am unsure I got good value late.

So let this auction-newbie know how I did in the auction itself, and what do I need to do to my team to win this thing! $260 budget, 23 roster spots.

PK 2. Miggy Cabrera - $46

45. Buster Posey - $8

51. Josh Hamilton - $27

60. Josh Johnson - $13

61. Hanley Ramirez - $24

71. Matt Holiday - $19

77. Adam Wainwright - $10

80. Dee Gordon - $5

90. Jay Bruce - $15

96. Madison Bumgarner - $9

112. Aramis Ramirez - $13

125. Jon Lester - $15

133. James Shields - $17

135. Jason Heyward - $4

149. Tommy Hanson - $7

172. Dustin Ackley - $3

173. Brian Wilson - $6

177. Sergio Santos - $6

180. Jason Kipnis - $1

187. David Ortiz - $3

195. Jason Motte - $4

196. Chris Perez - $2

197. Javy Guerra - $2

Remaining Budget - $1

My thoughts...

Pitching - I was able to hold off on bidding on the top tier guys early, and I definitely think it helped. I feel like I have by far and away the best pitching staff in the league, and I got everyone at decent-if-not-insanely good value. Pitchers that went early were highly overpriced... Halladay went for $45, Verlander went for $44, and Kershaw went for $46, the same amount I paid for Cabrera. And it carried on in to the middle rounds, where guys like Price, Haren, and Gallardo all went for over $30. I feel like Shields and Lester were absolute steals, and Bumgarner, Hanson, and my two injured aces (Johnson and Wainwright) were at least good values. For relievers, some of the bigger names went early, but I don't think anyone overpaid to much. But I also think I got good value late, even if I have to scour the WW for closers in-season. For some perspective, JJ Putz, Andrew Bailey, Marmol, and Soria all went around when I got Wilson and Santos, and they all cost between $8-10. But a few rounds of nominations earlier, Walden, Valverde, Street, Betancourt, Hanrahan, and Madsen and others all went

for over $12, and a few rounds of nominations before that, the top tier guys Kimbrel, Axford, Papelbon, Madson, and Bell all went for $16-23. Then the rest of the closers went at the end of the auction, and I was able to slightly overpay to fill out my roster. Again, I feel like I did really well when it came to pitching.

Hitting - Not sure if I did as well as with my pitchers. I was patient, but a CPU disconnet landed me Miggy. I didn't bid on him; I lost connection and my auto-bid got him for me. But I still like it, even if I would have split his cost later on a Tiexiera/Brandon Phillips combo like I was planning. Tulo, Pujols, Braun, Cano, and Kemp all went for $50 or more after I got Miggy, and Prince, AGonz, CarGo, Upton, Votto, and Bautista all went for over $42 right after. Again, I now feel like I got Miggy cheap. Hanely got nominated just after the initial nominations, and people were jsut starting to realize they needed to rien in their spending. Thats when myself and one other guy who had a similar plan went to work. I got HanRam for $24, only a few picks after Jose Reyes, Ian Kinsler, and Pedroia all went for over $33. My Outfield and UTIL spots are as good as any other in the league and cost less in total than some spent on one OFer. However, I know my infield could use some work. I think ARam was a solid pickup late, but I missed out on the mid-tier 2B because I overspent on Cabrera and was forced to take the scraps way late. I'm hoping that one or more of my SPs pan out and I can trade one for an upgrade. Other than that, I think I need some SBs which Ill be able to find on the WW in season, and possibly some Runs, but hopefully when I got after an 2B I can fill that void.

Are you sure this was your first auction draft? I'm pretty surprised at some of the prices you paid. I agree that your pitching is very good but it is high risk/reward after Lester (who knows if Shields can repeat). I don't know what your free agency looks like but get ready to pounce. You got decent value on your closers.

I think your hitting will be fine. You have a good mix of veterans and upside guys. I like that you backed up Ackely with Kipnis. I think Kipnis will surprise this year. Grabbing Gordon for Hanley was also a nice move. Gives you a nice trade bait down the road if Hanley returns to form. I'd hate to be the other guys looking at your roster for sure. Nice job. :D

Wow that clearly changes a lot of things doesn't it? I'd dfinitely keep Cano. Find a way to keep all your closers. Cut Romero and Santana. You are in EXCELLENT position.

Hey Yoda,

Let me throw another wrench into the situation. Each player can be kept for a max of 5 years. After the first 2 years you then have to add $4 to their contract for each additional year, but the decision has to be made after the 2nd year. I had already done that on the players in the list. Some of them are no brainers (A-Gone), but there are some others that are debatable....what are you thoughts on these?

Jordan Zimmerman - $6 (1 yr), $10 (2 yrs) or $14 (3 yrs)

CJ Wilson - $6 (1 yr), $10 (2 yrs) or $14 (3 yrs)

Ricky Romero - $6 (1 yr), $10 (2 yrs) or $14 (3 yrs)

You had referenced cutting Romero. If he was only $6 instead of $10 would that change your mind?

Also, if I end up with the list of keepers you provided then just wanted to point out that it would mean keeping players at both Util spots (Goldschmidt and Espinosa). It's not necessarily a big deal but limits some of the flexibility, but I guess that is what a bench is for. :-)

Thanks again!

Hey Yoda,

Let me throw another wrench into the situation. Each player can be kept for a max of 5 years. After the first 2 years you then have to add $4 to their contract for each additional year, but the decision has to be made after the 2nd year. I had already done that on the players in the list. Some of them are no brainers (A-Gone), but there are some others that are debatable....what are you thoughts on these?

Jordan Zimmerman - $6 (1 yr), $10 (2 yrs) or $14 (3 yrs)

CJ Wilson - $6 (1 yr), $10 (2 yrs) or $14 (3 yrs)

Ricky Romero - $6 (1 yr), $10 (2 yrs) or $14 (3 yrs)

You had referenced cutting Romero. If he was only $6 instead of $10 would that change your mind?

Also, if I end up with the list of keepers you provided then just wanted to point out that it would mean keeping players at both Util spots (Goldschmidt and Espinosa). It's not necessarily a big deal but limits some of the flexibility, but I guess that is what a bench is for. :-)

Thanks again!

I still don't like Romero because I think he was a bit lucky last year. I guess it would depend on what pitchers are available but I'd definitely keep CJ and JZ (both at 10) regardless of price because I don't think it really matters in your situation.

I would still keep Goldy and Espinosa. They are young with upside. You can use them at U, carry on bench, or use them as trade bait. Good luck but I feel like you know your stuff a lot better than I do.

I still don't like Romero because I think he was a bit lucky last year. I guess it would depend on what pitchers are available but I'd definitely keep CJ and JZ (both at 10) regardless of price because I don't think it really matters in your situation.

I would still keep Goldy and Espinosa. They are young with upside. You can use them at U, carry on bench, or use them as trade bait. Good luck but I feel like you know your stuff a lot better than I do.

Thanks Yoda!!!

It's always nice to get some quality feedback, even if you already know your stuff pretty well. ;-)

Hey Yoda,

Would you use #7 waiver priority on Bubba Starling?

14 team H2H Dynasty League, 6x6 scoring, standard yahoo plus Holds and OBP.

And also, who would you drop? Here's my roster:

C: Russell Martin (NYY)

1B: Prince Fielder (Mil.)

2B: Ian Kinsler (Tex.)

3B: Jose Bautista (Tor. - also OF)

SS: Alexei Ramirez (CWS)

OF: Brett Gardner (NYY)

OF: Chris Heisey (Cin.)

OF: Emilio Bonifacio (Fla. - also 3B, SS)

Util.: Pedro Alvarez (Pit. - 3B)

Util.: Mitch Moreland (Tex. - 1B, OF)

Bench: Alcides Escobar (KC - SS)

Bench: Eduardo Nunez (NYY - 2B, 3B, SS)

Bench: Salvador Perez (KC - C)

Bench: Bryan LaHair (ChC - OF)

SP: Roy Halladay (Phi.)

SP: Brandon Morrow (Tor.)

RP: Chris Perez (Cle.)

RP: Joakim Soria (KC)

P: Fernando Salas (StL. - RP)

P: Alfredo Aceves (Bos. - SP, RP)

P: Jason Motte (StL. - RP)

P: Jeff Samardzija (ChC. - RP)

Bench: Kyle Drabek (Tor. - SP)

Bench: Phil Hughes (NYY - SP)

Bench: Carlos Carrasco (Cle. - SP)

Bench: Andrew Cashner (SD - RP)

Bench: Bronson Arroyo (Cin. - SP)

Bench: Zack Greinke (Mil. - SP)

Thanks in advance for the input.

Hey Yoda,

Would you use #7 waiver priority on Bubba Starling?

14 team H2H Dynasty League, 6x6 scoring, standard yahoo plus Holds and OBP.

And also, who would you drop? Here's my roster:

C: Russell Martin (NYY)

1B: Prince Fielder (Mil.)

2B: Ian Kinsler (Tex.)

3B: Jose Bautista (Tor. - also OF)

SS: Alexei Ramirez (CWS)

OF: Brett Gardner (NYY)

OF: Chris Heisey (Cin.)

OF: Emilio Bonifacio (Fla. - also 3B, SS)

Util.: Pedro Alvarez (Pit. - 3B)

Util.: Mitch Moreland (Tex. - 1B, OF)

Bench: Alcides Escobar (KC - SS)

Bench: Eduardo Nunez (NYY - 2B, 3B, SS)

Bench: Salvador Perez (KC - C)

Bench: Bryan LaHair (ChC - OF)

SP: Roy Halladay (Phi.)

SP: Brandon Morrow (Tor.)

RP: Chris Perez (Cle.)

RP: Joakim Soria (KC)

P: Fernando Salas (StL. - RP)

P: Alfredo Aceves (Bos. - SP, RP)

P: Jason Motte (StL. - RP)

P: Jeff Samardzija (ChC. - RP)

Bench: Kyle Drabek (Tor. - SP)

Bench: Phil Hughes (NYY - SP)

Bench: Carlos Carrasco (Cle. - SP)

Bench: Andrew Cashner (SD - RP)

Bench: Bronson Arroyo (Cin. - SP)

Bench: Zack Greinke (Mil. - SP)

Thanks in advance for the input.

No. I doubt Starling can help you much this year. Save your waiver for now.

What about if he makes it through waivers? Should I pick him up then?

I would focus on this year. He just graduated high school hasn't played any ball above that level so he is a long shot to even sniff the Majors for at least another year. 7 is a pretty decent position. I'd burn it on someone else who can help you.

OK. Thanks for the help.

No problem. Good luck and save the waiver pick for someone special! :lol:

I have Brian McCann and Migeul Montero on my roster. Just received a trade rquest Brian McCann for Buster Posey, I am torn. would love your thoughts

Thanks Ryan

Here's some similar guys I have been trying to rank, curious for others opinions on them. This is for a 12 team redraft roto with QS instead of wins, 1400 IP cap, uses CI/MI/4 OF. How would you rank-

Hamels, Lincecum, Felix

Cuddyer, Utley, Weeks, M. Young, Kendrick, Phillips

Jordan Zimmerman, Anibal, Luebke

Matt Moore or Bumgarner

I have Brian McCann and Migeul Montero on my roster. Just received a trade rquest Brian McCann for Buster Posey, I am torn. would love your thoughts

Thanks Ryan

Assuming this is a two catcher league? Composite projections says:

McCann: .272 AVG, 63 R, 23 HR, 77 RBI, 4 SB

Posey: .287, 62, 15, 61, 3

Although McCann has been in a decline the last few years I still like him a lot. He's safer with more pop and in a better environment. Posey has a higher upside but he's a bit risky coming back from a serious injury. I think Posey is awesome in real baseball but McCann is clearly better in fantasy IMO.

If this is not a 2C league then I would consider moving McCann to fill an area of need.

I think Lawrie is a bit overvalued but the drop off to Bonifacio, Murphy, and Headley are just too great. I think you have a very good offense so I don't see the need to make any moves.

Why do you want to make the trade just out of curiosity?

This is simply an opportunistic move on my part. The other manager named his team "Blue Jays" and sent me a really bad trade offer for Lawrie. I'm trying not to take too much advantage of him, but I'd guess that I can ask for anyone on his team and I'll get it. I thing you're right that a single player trade makes it a Pyrrhic victory for me: I get the better player in the trade but overall hurts my team.

I think I'm going to offer Lawrie and Kipnis for Grandy and Josh Johnson. It's a shallow league and Kip is my Util player. There are plenty of FA OF's who will probably outperform him. I agree that my 3B situation will be something to address, but with the extra offense and another solid pitcher, I'm pretty sure I can trade my way to a top tier 3B and still wind up way ahead.

I always appreciate your advice, so thanks for creating this thread!

Here's some similar guys I have been trying to rank, curious for others opinions on them. This is for a 12 team redraft roto with QS instead of wins, 1400 IP cap, uses CI/MI/4 OF. How would you rank-

Hamels, Lincecum, Felix

Cuddyer, Utley, Weeks, M. Young, Kendrick, Phillips

Jordan Zimmerman, Anibal, Luebke

Matt Moore or Bumgarner

Tough one. This is a 3 part question so here we go:

Composite Projections:

Felix: 2.98 ERA, 219 K, 1.16 WHIP

Lincecum: 3.02, 226, 1.18

Hamels: 3.19, 189, 1.11

With QS, I'd rank them Felix, Lincecum... then Hamels. Because Hamels is coming off his career year, I can't put him up there yet. Felix is also the youngest by far and W eliminates the team factor (although not entirely due to quality of fielders and bullpen).

Composite Projections:

Phillips: .282 AVG, 88 R, 18 HR, 80 RBI, 16 SB

M. Young: .302, 83, 15, 75, 5

Weeks: .263, 83, 23, 80, 10

Utley: .268, 75, 17, 67, 15

Kendrick: .283, 76, 15, 72, 14

Cuddyer: .280, 79, 21, 81, 8

I'd probably rank them in that order. Phillips and Young are the safest but Young could start to drop off soon. Weeks, if healthy, could hit 30 HR but has a spotty health record. Utley comes with the highest risk/reward (I'd avoid him). I probably like Kendrick and Cuddyer given their MDP because you can grab a power bat where Phillips, Young, etc are going.

Composite Projections:

Jordan Zimmerman: 3.66 ERA, 134 K, 1.16 WHIP

Anibal: 3.64, 169, 1.29

Luebke: 3.40, 153, 1.17

I like JZ the best. He's proven and pitched very well all year and I'll bet he bets those projections by a good margin. I'd probably take Luebke over Anibal due to youth, health and environment but they are pretty close.

Composite Projections:

Matt Moore: 3.54 ERA, 159 K, 1.19

Bumgarner: 3.31, 168, 1.19

My money is on Bumgarner. Moore is sexy but we have not seen him enough to take him over Madbum who is younger(!) and already in stud territory. Moore may prove to be a stud himself but Madbum has the environment and a track record.