Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yoda

Ask a Fantasy Jedi: The Truth Can You Handle?

Thanks Yoda! Alot of guys are saying to offer Halladay instead of Verlander. Thoughts?

Would def. try this move for sure. go for it and see what goes down!

Wow thanks a lot!

Here is my team: http://games.espn.go...=90375&teamId=1

What do you think? Any players I should either trade or definatly hold on to? Any positions I should try to strengthen? Any trades I should go for? Thanks!

I gotta be honest with you and say that I have very little experience in 6 team, H2H, points leagues. I didn't realize they still kept track of Game Winning RBI's since Eric Davis was playing for the Reds. Anyway, I would definitely look to improve pitching seeing how heavily it is weighted. I'd load up with as many starters as possible and create a few stream spots. Forget closers.

need help!!

should i trade my sandoval and hosmer for Joey Votto and Ivan Nova or Brandon Belt

Hey all... So my keepers have been submitted and they are as follows

J. Hamilton

N. Cruz

J. Reyes

M. Cabrera

D. Haren

J. Johnson (traded away Kershaw for Johnson and a first second and third round pick)

I have the first, seventh and tenth pick in the draft and I have to submit my first pick tomorrow, my options are

Holliday, Jennings, Phillips, Zobrist, Bruce, A. Jones, Wainwright, Morse, Hosmer, Moore, Hanson, Sandoval, Pence, Youkolis, Shields and probably the most enticing is Yu Darvish...

Its a 6x6 league

r, hr, rbi, sb, k, ops

w, l, sv, k's, era, whip

need help!!

should i trade my sandoval and hosmer for Joey Votto and Ivan Nova or Brandon Belt

Espn Fanasty Baseball 12 Team Head 2 Head Catorgies... Redraft...

C: Geovanny Soto

1B: Eric Hosmer

2B:Dustin Ackley

3B: "Kung Fu Panda"

SS: Hanley Ramirez

2B/SS: Elvis Andrus

1B/3B: Ryan Roberts

Of: Justin Upton, Corey Hart, Ben Zobrist, Nick Markakis, John Mayberry Jr

UTIL: Asdrubal Cabrera

Bench: Chase Headley, Ryan Ludwick

SP: King Felix, Daniel Hudson, Matt Garza, Doug Fister, Mike Minor, Tim Staffuer, John Danks, Carlos Zambrano

RP: Carlos Marmol, Rafeal Betancourt, Mike Adams

Nova and Belt are throw-ins so I won't even consider them. I'd take Belt over Nova though especially considering the format.

Composite projections:

Votto: .307 AVG, 102 R, 31 HR, 107 RBI, 10 SB

Panda: .298, 70, 22, 85, 3

Hosmer: .290, 77, 20, 82, 11

and since Panda is gone,

Headley: .270, 65, 9, 56, 14

These are baseline projections but you can still see the difference. Panda and Hosmer are really young with lots of upside so that needs to be considered. I'd probably hold off on the deal because I'd rather have Panda/Hosmer than Votto/Headley. I doubt you will find a lot of quality 3B on waivers. It's close but I probably wouldn't do it.

ok... thanx.. another one... i lack pop and catcher.. so i got offered this.. i give Andrus and get Jaime Garcia and Buster Posey??

Hey man. Hope you can help here. It's a 16-team 6x6 roto (standard 5x5 cats plus OPS & Holds). 1450 IP limit.

IF: Wieters ©, LaCroy ©, Konerko (1B), Hill (2B), Prado (3B), Scutaro (SS), Lind (CI), Lowrie (MI)

OF/UT: J-Upton, Stanton, Rios, Kubel, Venable (OF), Freeman (UT), Gamel (UT)

BN: Damon (OF), Scott (1B/OF), Infante (2B)

SP: Greinke, Gallardo, D-Hudson, Scherzer, Baker, Minor, Peacock

RP: Hanrahan, Motte, Pestano, Veras, Rzepczynski

I've been offered Duda & Bonifacio for Freeman & Lowrie. What do you think? I could use the speed & I don't lose too much power/OPS. Or are there other players you would target for the SS/MI slot?

Thanks, dude!

Hey all... So my keepers have been submitted and they are as follows

J. Hamilton

N. Cruz

J. Reyes

M. Cabrera

D. Haren

J. Johnson (traded away Kershaw for Johnson and a first second and third round pick)

I have the first, seventh and tenth pick in the draft and I have to submit my first pick tomorrow, my options are

Holliday, Jennings, Phillips, Zobrist, Bruce, A. Jones, Wainwright, Morse, Hosmer, Moore, Hanson, Sandoval, Pence, Youkolis, Shields and probably the most enticing is Yu Darvish...

Its a 6x6 league

r, hr, rbi, sb, k, ops

w, l, sv, k's, era, whip

Your league favors good hitters who get on base and don't K a lot. In addition, it punishes pitchers on poor teams.

I'd target Holliday as the top players. I think Pence, Bruce, Sandoval, Hosmer, Phillips, Zobrist are the hitters I'd want. For pitchers, you can gamble on Darvish or Moore as a #3 but in H2H, pitchers are not as valuable so I'd probably stick with best hitters available.

ok... thanx.. another one... i lack pop and catcher.. so i got offered this.. i give Andrus and get Jaime Garcia and Buster Posey??

I'd hold out for a better deal.

I have a more general question. What is your opinion of Arodys Vizcaino as a prospect for the Braves? Do you think he will eventually get worked into the starting rotation?

Hey man. Hope you can help here. It's a 16-team 6x6 roto (standard 5x5 cats plus OPS & Holds). 1450 IP limit.

IF: Wieters ©, LaCroy ©, Konerko (1B), Hill (2B), Prado (3B), Scutaro (SS), Lind (CI), Lowrie (MI)

OF/UT: J-Upton, Stanton, Rios, Kubel, Venable (OF), Freeman (UT), Gamel (UT)

BN: Damon (OF), Scott (1B/OF), Infante (2B)

SP: Greinke, Gallardo, D-Hudson, Scherzer, Baker, Minor, Peacock

RP: Hanrahan, Motte, Pestano, Veras, Rzepczynski

I've been offered Duda & Bonifacio for Freeman & Lowrie. What do you think? I could use the speed & I don't lose too much power/OPS. Or are there other players you would target for the SS/MI slot?

Thanks, dude!

I guess it depends on whether you think Emilio will repeat or not. If you do then the deal is fine. I love Duda and think he will surprise this year. But you have Infante/Lowrie and in a 16 team league, that might be ok.

Your league favors good hitters who get on base and don't K a lot. In addition, it punishes pitchers on poor teams.

I'd target Holliday as the top players. I think Pence, Bruce, Sandoval, Hosmer, Phillips, Zobrist are the hitters I'd want. For pitchers, you can gamble on Darvish or Moore as a #3 but in H2H, pitchers are not as valuable so I'd probably stick with best hitters available.

Does it sway your opinion seeing that the best available 1b are Hosmer Davis Konerko... meanwhile best OF are mentioned as are best 2b (Uggla, Phillips and Zobrist) and SP

Keeper league. H2h. 12team

Morrow or j. Zimmerman.

Ill take Zimmerman. He might never give you the K of Morrow, but hes got far better control and should give a better ERA and WHIP, Wins are likely a push at worst. It helps also that Zimmerman pitches in the National League, not the AL East.

I have a more general question. What is your opinion of Arodys Vizcaino as a prospect for the Braves? Do you think he will eventually get worked into the starting rotation?

It's possible considering how brittle their rotation is.

Ill take Zimmerman. He might never give you the K of Morrow, but hes got far better control and should give a better ERA and WHIP, Wins are likely a push at worst. It helps also that Zimmerman pitches in the National League, not the AL East.

Yep definitely go with the better pitcher. Morrow is an enigma.

Hi Yoda

12 team, $260 salary auction, CBS H2H points, 7 keepers, add $5 to last years salary

OF Ellsbury $25

3B Zimmerman $21

OF Victorino $21

2B Phillips $22

1B Konerko $11

OF Bourn $10

SS A Cabrera $7

I am getting caught up in the Jesus Montero hype, especially since he will be an every day catcher eligible player in CBS. There will be some big name 1B thrown back in the draft, ie Pujols, Fielder, Tex..... All the big name catchers are keepers, I'm not sure I want to do the J Buck C Ianetta shuffle this year

The advice I need, is to keep J Montero at $10 or keep P Konerko at $11 at a deep position?

Thanks

Wolf

Hey Yoda,

I'll throw this question out to you.

12 team keeper league, we get to keep 3 players.

I planned on keeping Ryan Braun, Cargo and Desmond Jennings. I found out yesterday that I got the #1 pick in the draft, and from the players that should be available, the top picks would be:

Justin Upton

Prince Fielder

Kershaw

Halladay

I'm really leaning towards Upton, but my league only has 3 OF spots, and I don't want to fill my only UTIL spot up so early. I could switch out my last keeper (Jennings), with 1 of the following:

Ian Kennedy

Billy Butler

David Ortiz

So,......who should I select #1 overall from that list, and what keeper should I select?

Thanks bud!!

Hi Yoda

12 team, $260 salary auction, CBS H2H points, 7 keepers, add $5 to last years salary

OF Ellsbury $25

3B Zimmerman $21

OF Victorino $21

2B Phillips $22

1B Konerko $11

OF Bourn $10

SS A Cabrera $7

I am getting caught up in the Jesus Montero hype, especially since he will be an every day catcher eligible player in CBS. There will be some big name 1B thrown back in the draft, ie Pujols, Fielder, Tex..... All the big name catchers are keepers, I'm not sure I want to do the J Buck C Ianetta shuffle this year

The advice I need, is to keep J Montero at $10 or keep P Konerko at $11 at a deep position?

Thanks

Wolf

Without knowing the points calculation, Victorino seems really expensive in comparison. I'd probably hang onto Konerko and Montero for $21 over Victorino.

MYoung and Beachy for NCruz and JGarcia

It is a h2h 12 team keeper league 6x6 with k/9 and OPS.

My team Doumit, Teixeira, Pedroia, MYoung, Hanley Ramirez, Cuddyer, Crawford, CYoung, AlRamirez, Freeze, Rios, THunter, Dunn, YAlonso, Verlander, Gio, Beach, Foster, Kimbrel, SSantos, Centers and AReed.

Thanks a lot

Hey Yoda,

I'll throw this question out to you.

12 team keeper league, we get to keep 3 players.

I planned on keeping Ryan Braun, Cargo and Desmond Jennings. I found out yesterday that I got the #1 pick in the draft, and from the players that should be available, the top picks would be:

Justin Upton

Prince Fielder

Kershaw

Halladay

I'm really leaning towards Upton, but my league only has 3 OF spots, and I don't want to fill my only UTIL spot up so early. I could switch out my last keeper (Jennings), with 1 of the following:

Ian Kennedy

Billy Butler

David Ortiz

So,......who should I select #1 overall from that list, and what keeper should I select?

Thanks bud!!

Well I wouldn't keep Butler or Ortiz, I just don't believe in keeping DH's in a keeper league and if Butler isn't only UTL eligible this year, he will be next year.

That said Kennedy would be the guy to keep but as an SP I don't know if there's enough value there to justify keeping him, after a career year. He could sustain last years success but I look for a slight regression this season. Also, with Kershaw and Halladay being in the draft pool, I have to believe pitching is not going to be too hard to come by in the draft. But if theres no penalty for keeping guys( I dont see one mentioned) and there is no limit (I also dont see it mentioned) Id hang onto Jennings.

From there it becomes a question of drafting the best player, in that case it appears to be Upton and while that will fill your OF and UTL early, it gives you an amazing group of 5 tool players which will really give you flexibility in what you can do with the rest of your lineup.

I dont suppose you could work some sort of 2 for 1 trade with Jennings and one of your other keepers to get a premium player at a non OF position could you, or is that not an option?

My team is halfway between having a chance to compete and rebuilding. This is in a 10 team 5x5 roto AL Only league.

(162 game limit per position, 1325 inning limit for pitching)

Here are the players I've narrowed it down to:

• Brett Anderson SP Oakland
  • Bubba Starling OF KC
  • Will Middlebrooks 3B Boston
  • Francisco Lindor SS Cleveland

And here's my team:

c Carlos Santana

1st Justin Smoak

2nd Dustin Ackley

3rd ARod

SS Derek Jeter

IF Mike Napoli

OF Alex Rios

OF Coco Crisp

OF Matt Joyce

DH Kevin Youkilis

DH Peter Bourjos

Bench Brian Roberts

Bench Sean Rodriguez

Bench Will Myers

Bench Mike Trout

Bench Jurickson Profar

Bench Miguel Sano

Bench Nick Castellanos

SP Jon Lester

SP Dan Haren

RP Joe Nathan

RP Scott Downs

P Matt Moore

P Ubaldo Jimenez

P Jeremy Hellickson

P Derek Holland

Bench Martin Perez

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Digging really deep... I'd focus on guys who can potentially help this year so Starling and Lindsor are out. Middlebrooks is intriguing since you have old man Arod at 3B but he is not a disciplined hitter and likely will need more seasoning at AAA. Reports on Anderson have been fantastic so far and he could join the team by July. The problem is, you have a very good staff and pitching is the least of your worries. Still, he is probably the best bet to help this year and thus have the most value.

Since you have Santana and Napoli with a great rotation, shop them to upgrade and get younger on offense. But the team looks very solid for a deep league. Cheers.

Well I wouldn't keep Butler or Ortiz, I just don't believe in keeping DH's in a keeper league and if Butler isn't only UTL eligible this year, he will be next year.

That said Kennedy would be the guy to keep but as an SP I don't know if there's enough value there to justify keeping him, after a career year. He could sustain last years success but I look for a slight regression this season. Also, with Kershaw and Halladay being in the draft pool, I have to believe pitching is not going to be too hard to come by in the draft. But if theres no penalty for keeping guys( I dont see one mentioned) and there is no limit (I also dont see it mentioned) Id hang onto Jennings.

From there it becomes a question of drafting the best player, in that case it appears to be Upton and while that will fill your OF and UTL early, it gives you an amazing group of 5 tool players which will really give you flexibility in what you can do with the rest of your lineup.

I dont suppose you could work some sort of 2 for 1 trade with Jennings and one of your other keepers to get a premium player at a non OF position could you, or is that not an option?

Thanks for the reply. We don't do any pre-draft trades, but they make look into it for next season.......I'm pretty stuck with what I got.

so, it comes down to the following, I guess:

1. Braun, Cargo, Jennings + Fielder or Kershaw/Verlander or Upton

2. Bruan, Cargo, Kennedy + Upton