Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yoda

Ask a Fantasy Jedi: The Truth Can You Handle?

Hey Yoda,

I am trying to trade Fernando Rodney in my dynasty league for more offense. Does Alejandro de Aza sound like a fair return or should I hold out for a "better" player?

Rodney has been lights out and TB will play in a lot of close games. I think you can do a bit better.

I ended up getting Corey Hart for Rodney. Is that more palatable?

Who to start this matchup, 12 team h2h points league:

Ellsbury 10 games

or

Adam Lind 9 games

Start Ellsbury right away, or let him settle in first?

H2H Pts League $$$

2 pts per inning

1pt per K

10pts per win

-5 per loss

-1 per ER

.-.5 per walk, HB, BBI

no QS

Theres bonuses for Shut Outs, complete games, and perfect games.

Im in 1st place by 2 games

His Cueto and Shields for my Chris Sale??

Cueto is within 10 pts overall of Sale in this league so far.

Start 5 SP's per week

My Staff

Hamels... MadBum...Sale...Max Scherzer...(two time streamer)

Bench: Matt Moore...Smyly

I have one more Batting reserve due to injury.

Roll with my Big 3 of Hamels, Sale, and MadBum

or

Cueto and Shields with HAmels and MadBum

I think Cueto/Shields is a decent package for Sale if you need pitching. Go with Hamels, Madbum, Sale, Scherzer this week. I think in H2H, go with Cueto/Shields.

Offense looks great but pitching does not. I'd consider Buehrle out of that group. You might need to bite the bullet and trade for pitching though.

Who should I drop for Buehrle?

Thanks again for the advice.

One of your bench bats. Brantley is the one I'd cut.

Been a while since I have needed you help but I need pitching. Was offered these 2 deals.

Stanton for King Felix (Not sure I like it. Felix is good but he does play for Seattle

OR

Miguel Cabrera and Stanton for Mark Texeria, Bj Upton, and King Felix. (Not sure I am getting the value for Miggy.)

If it is not a keeper league then Stanton for Felix is doable since Giancarlo is out for a while. I don't like the idea of giving up Miggy. Good luck.

Hey Yoda,

I am trying to trade Fernando Rodney in my dynasty league for more offense. Does Alejandro de Aza sound like a fair return or should I hold out for a "better" player?

Rodney has been lights out and TB will play in a lot of close games. I think you can do a bit better.

I ended up getting Corey Hart for Rodney. Is that more palatable?

Yep. I think Hart is very good and qualifies at both 1B/OF. Nicely done.

Can you grade a couple recent trades for me (A-F)?

1) I gave up Jennings/Howard for Reyes/Betancourt

2) I gave up Weaver/Bumgardner/Bruce/Colvin for Beltre/AGonzalez/AJones/Storen

My team has changed from

IF: Wieters, Pujols, Cano, Plouffe, EE

OF: Grandy, Bruce, Colvin

Util: Kipnis, Rizzo

Bench/DL: Jennings, Howard, Perez

SP: Doc, Weaver, MadBum, Grienke, CC, Dickey, Waino, Haren

RP: Cook, Ax, Bell

to..

IF: Wieters, Pujols, Cano, Reyes, Beltre

OF: AGonz, Grandy, AJones

Util: Kipnis, EE

Bench/DL: Plouffe (+L), Rizzo, Perez

SP: Doc, Grienke, CC, Dickey, Waino, Haren

RP: Cook, Betancourt, Ax, Bell, Storen

I am thinking to move Rizzo/closer for a SP as a next move as I feel a little light in SP (good talent and names but Doc/CC/Haren are all coming off injuries). Could also move EE for SP and slide Rizzo into utility. Thoughts?

Can you grade a couple recent trades for me (A-F)?

1) I gave up Jennings/Howard for Reyes/Betancourt

2) I gave up Weaver/Bumgardner/Bruce/Colvin for Beltre/AGonzalez/AJones/Storen

My team has changed from

IF: Wieters, Pujols, Cano, Plouffe, EE

OF: Grandy, Bruce, Colvin

Util: Kipnis, Rizzo

Bench/DL: Jennings, Howard, Perez

SP: Doc, Weaver, MadBum, Grienke, CC, Dickey, Waino, Haren

RP: Cook, Ax, Bell

to..

IF: Wieters, Pujols, Cano, Reyes, Beltre

OF: AGonz, Grandy, AJones

Util: Kipnis, EE

Bench/DL: Plouffe (+L), Rizzo, Perez

SP: Doc, Grienke, CC, Dickey, Waino, Haren

RP: Cook, Betancourt, Ax, Bell, Storen

I am thinking to move Rizzo/closer for a SP as a next move as I feel a little light in SP (good talent and names but Doc/CC/Haren are all coming off injuries). Could also move EE for SP and slide Rizzo into utility. Thoughts?

I'd give both a C for now. I think you gave up a lot for Reyes and a closer who may be moved. But if Betancourt keep closing, it could work up for you. If Agon and Storen return to form then the deal will probably wash out. AJ is dealing with wrist problems and has fallen back to earth. I don't think Storen gets his job the way Clippard is pitching. Good luck.

Damn, that's a bit of a bummer, Yoda. I've obviously bet pretty heavy on turnarounds from Reyes and AGonz. Getting lifts from Jones and Storen would be nice, too.

What do you think Rizzo fetches? If I have Ortiz/Paps for EE/Rizzo, should I jump? I could also angle for Lee instead of Paps.

I got offered a deal where I would be moving Jered Weaver, Adrian Beltre and Elliot Johnson for David Price, Hunter Pence and Emilio Bonifacio. To me the bats almost cancel each other out almost and I have Pablo Sandoval as a replacement for 3B. I need speed at SS which Johnson does provide, but I feel that Bonifacio will run a lot more than him. I feel the deal boils down to the pitching side. Price starts tomorrow against Boston and Weaver goes on Sunday against the Yankees. Here is a break down of the remaining starts until September if they all go on 5 days rest.

Price: BOS, CLE, @BAL, @OAK, BAL, @MIN, @LAA, KC, @TEX

Weaver: @NYY, TEX, KC, @TEX, @CHI, SEA, TB, @BOS, BOS

I need wins also, but I think Weaver will be hard pressed to win at least 4-5 games from this tough schedule. Price on the other hand, will have a much easier time. What do you think?

I was offered CC Sabathia and Chris Perez for Casilla, Street, and Burnett. Do I take this trade.

What do you think about S Perez? Top 3 closer ROS?

Hi Yoda. Who do you like better for ROS? Rasmus or Plouffe?

Which SP do you like for ROS? Haren , Shields , Wainwright. Adam & James are FA's still.

Damn, that's a bit of a bummer, Yoda. I've obviously bet pretty heavy on turnarounds from Reyes and AGonz. Getting lifts from Jones and Storen would be nice, too.

What do you think Rizzo fetches? If I have Ortiz/Paps for EE/Rizzo, should I jump? I could also angle for Lee instead of Paps.

Sorry for being so negative but it could well turn out great for you. I think either of those Rizzo trade works in your favor.

I got offered a deal where I would be moving Jered Weaver, Adrian Beltre and Elliot Johnson for David Price, Hunter Pence and Emilio Bonifacio. To me the bats almost cancel each other out almost and I have Pablo Sandoval as a replacement for 3B. I need speed at SS which Johnson does provide, but I feel that Bonifacio will run a lot more than him. I feel the deal boils down to the pitching side. Price starts tomorrow against Boston and Weaver goes on Sunday against the Yankees. Here is a break down of the remaining starts until September if they all go on 5 days rest.

Price: BOS, CLE, @BAL, @OAK, BAL, @MIN, @LAA, KC, @TEX

Weaver: @NYY, TEX, KC, @TEX, @CHI, SEA, TB, @BOS, BOS

I need wins also, but I think Weaver will be hard pressed to win at least 4-5 games from this tough schedule. Price on the other hand, will have a much easier time. What do you think?

I think the trade is a wash. I like Price a tad more due to his K ability.

I was offered CC Sabathia and Chris Perez for Casilla, Street, and Burnett. Do I take this trade.

Yes. CC is the best pitcher by far.

What do you think about S Perez? Top 3 closer ROS?

Is that Chris Perez? Not sure who you are referring to.

Hi Yoda. Who do you like better for ROS? Rasmus or Plouffe?

I'd go with Plouffe. He seems more capable of putting up bigger numbers across the board at this point.

Which SP do you like for ROS? Haren , Shields , Wainwright. Adam & James are FA's still.

Tough one. I'd probably go with Haren, Shields, Wainwright in that order. Shields is getting pounded pretty regularly and the second half schedule certainly won't help. I think Wainwright will be limited since he didn't pitch last year at all.

Yoda!

What do you make of my RP situation? I have...

Cook (good up and comer)

Betancourt (just acquired, could be trade candidate for Rockies)

Axford (regular blowup status, job lost... for now?)

Bell (regular blowup status, job lost... for now?)

Storen (just acquired, DL stash at the moment, returning as a setup man eventually?)

I have the bodies and, in theory (offseason rankings), this is a good bullpen. The risk is just thoughout (Axford, Bell, Betancourt all have unstable futures, Cook is still establishing himself and may regress, Storen is a question mark and isn't coming back to close).

I could ride it out, try to flip 2 of my question marks for 1 safer thing via trade, mine the waivers or junk it all, free up 5 roster spots for my squad and stop the ERA/WHIP bombings.

The dry wire features:

League

Marshall

Downs

Thayer

Riveria

Thoughts?

Yoda!

What do you make of my RP situation? I have...

Cook (good up and comer)

Betancourt (just acquired, could be trade candidate for Rockies)

Axford (regular blowup status, job lost... for now?)

Bell (regular blowup status, job lost... for now?)

Storen (just acquired, DL stash at the moment, returning as a setup man eventually?)

I have the bodies and, in theory (offseason rankings), this is a good bullpen. The risk is just thoughout (Axford, Bell, Betancourt all have unstable futures, Cook is still establishing himself and may regress, Storen is a question mark and isn't coming back to close).

I could ride it out, try to flip 2 of my question marks for 1 safer thing via trade, mine the waivers or junk it all, free up 5 roster spots for my squad and stop the ERA/WHIP bombings.

The dry wire features:

League

Marshall

Downs

Thayer

Riveria

Thoughts?

You bullpen situation is very similar to mine. I think you ride it out for now but plan on making a trade if they don't pan out in the next couple weeks. It always sucks trading for closers but sometimes they are the difference in close match ups.

Hello Yodaman.

My team is LOADED in hitting and I can use a solid SP or two.

Herein lays the problem. Someone offered me their Matt Kemp for my Stevie Strasburg.

I know it seems counterproductive but how can I turn that down? I can try to trade away Berkman/Crawford/Harper/Choo for SP help.

Make sense?

What would you do?

I currently have: Lee, Cueto, Stras, CJ, Darvish as my SP.

Pierzynski

Ortiz/Berkman

Kipnis

Castro

Beltre

Bourn

CarGo

Braun

Choo/Harper/Rizzo

Help?

im in 2nd place, do i trade, hammer/pedroia for Votto/de aza??

I think i gotta.... but need assurance ;)

Yoda,

I need your help! I am currently sitting in first place at 11-4 with about 5 weeks before playoffs in a h2h standard scoring points 14 team keeper league. Our keeper league rules allow us to keep 5 players (Currently keeping Kemp, Upton, Longo, Price, and Kershaw) for an unlimited term. I have been offered the following deal which seems pretty sweet, especially for my playoff run. I give up Evan Longoria and James McDonald in exchange for Jimmy Rollins, Cliff Lee, and Zack Greinke. It stings to give Longo up but maybe this is a blessing in disguise with all his injury concerns. Any advise would be appreciated. My team can be found below:

C - AJ Pierzynski

1B - Paul Goldschmidt

2B - Jose Altuve

3B - Edwin Encarnacion

SS - Erick Aybar

OF - Matt Kemp

OF - Justin Upton

OF - Adam Jones

U - Shin-Soo Choo

Bench - Allen Craig, Adam LaRoche, Evan Longoria

SP - Clayton Kershaw

SP - David Price