Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winky

2012 New York Giants Season Thread

161 posts in this topic

RB? Jacobs cut.

ILB? Goff resigned? Outside signing?

OL? Depth? McKenzie likely gone.

3 major positions of need in my opinion.

Thomas and Bennett signing shored up TE and secondary. Hixon, Jernigan, and Barden fighting for WR3. DL and OLB are pretty well set with usual suspects and a healthy Austin back. Maybe a few more pieces depth wise.

the 3 major positions of need are

1. part time RB

2. a MLB that won't consistently see the field with all the nickle/3 safety looks fewell runs

3. backups on the OL

this team is stacked ... and the defense will be untouchable if TT returns to form. TT/Prince/Webster/Rolle/Philips behind JPP/Tuck/Osi/Kiwanuka ... good luck QBs

He wasn't going to come back anyways, but Mario Manningham agrees to a 2 year deal with San Francisco, according to Pro Football Talk

So Manningham goes from being a #3 to a....#4 (Moss, Crabtree, Vernon Davis)?

Manningham is better than Crabtree and who knows how much Moss has left in the tank. To me, he's #2 behind VD only

So Manningham goes from being a #3 to a....#4 (Moss, Crabtree, Vernon Davis)?

Manningham is better than Crabtree and who knows how much Moss has left in the tank. To me, he's #2 behind VD only

Depending on who is throwing the ball he might be ahead of Moss by design. Smith doesn't have the arm strength to get the most out of Moss.

If Tolbert formally heads to Carolina, I would absolutely love to see the Giants to drop a 2nd round draft pick to the Panthers in exchange for Jonathan Stewart... giddyup!

Tolbert signs with Carolina for a 4 year deal. Not surprised that we didn't get him as they were never really linked throughout the process.

rotoworld says they are "unlikely" to trade stewart ...

if he's on the table for a second rounder i'd want the giants to be all over him asap. great player with star potential ... and they are gonna need to address RB in the draft anyway

carolina has a lot of holes, but they are stacked at RB ... i don't know why they wouldn't trade stewart

At this point, I would want the Giants to address RB in the draft. It's a young man's position and although I don't feel like The Daily Show has all that much tread on the tires, I would rather get our own guy in the draft.

As long as DJ Ware isn't the #2 RB next season. He sucks.

maybe coughlin can cure d.scott's fumble problems and he can be our next 7th round rb steal

his 4.3 speed + bradshaw would be a nice tandem ... make bradshaw the goal line back he runs as hard as anybody

oh, and draft doug martin

Cowboys play the Giants first game of the NFL season next year in Metlife Stadium.

Great kickoff to the season as a Cowboys/Giants fan.

Giants get to rub last year's success in the face of the Cowboys who they beat twice to snatch away the NFC East, while the Cowboys get a chance for payback to start a new year and ruin all of the festivities.

we should all be thanking the jets ... that beating the giants put on them [thanks for the motivation] sparked this super bowl run

Keith Rivers to Giants? Beatwriters are saying "it's gonna happen" .. la canfora/shefter confirming the 2 teams are working on a deal ...

love the talent, still young ... for the right price totally worth his "injury risk"

Don't know much about him, but seems like typical value prospecting for Reese and the Giants.

As a former #9 pick, I'll assume he still has some upside and, if anything, the Giants won't be forking out a ton of cap space to keep him on the roster since he's still on his rookie deal and he has a lot to prove... like to see a pick-up of a guy who has some financial motivation for the LB corp... I'll be happier when/if he passes the medical.

he was compared to derrick brooks coming out of USC and was a top 10 pick for a reason. good size 6'2 240, has a tough time staying healthy but still young and the talent is definitely there

for a 5th round pick, his "risk" is totally worth the reward. don't forgot the extra 4th rounder they have this year too... makes the trade a no brainer

I don't know about Molden... feels more like a camp body.

Unless he gets better all of a sudden, I would kind of be disappointed if he made the team.

The Patriot secondary was atrocious and he was free to leave...

He's an athletic guy, so there's still hope.

We'll see.

all i know is he's a 6 foot corner with speed and a solid special teamer ... he won't be anything more than the 4/5th CB anyway with TT back and Webster/Prince . + all the young guys that got hurt will be back to compete

i expect a DB drafted fairly early regardless ... i just like watching desean jackson faceplant

1 person likes this

i'm not a homer by any means, i will admit the giants flaws and holes when they are evident and i'm realistic about season expectations

but i think this defense has the potential to be the best defense in football. the DL is unmatched, rivers/boley/kiwanuka/williams all bring something to the table at LB, philips/rolle are 1 of the best safety tandems in the league ... and IF TT is healthy they should have as good a secondary as anybody in the league . behind this pass rush, philips /rolle/webster/prince/TT is almost unfair for offenses. some questions about MLB and injuries will obviously play a huge role again this year ... but i think the potential is definitely there to be a dominant defense

i just like watching desean jackson faceplant

+1

1 person likes this