Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ballsohard

Ask me anything about your team!

I don't really have the time to look through every single post here, but I would love to help you figure anything out regarding your team. If you want my input/advice, go ahead and post it here and I'll do my best to assist you!

Should I drop Evan Turner or Jared Dudley for Ekpe Udoh?

Im leaning towards dropping Jared Dudley.

It seems I need a little more blocks, and even though Turner is owned in less % of league, I think he has a better shot at keeping his rebounding numbers high plus he gives me a good amount of assists.

Who should I drop Dudley or Turner? Or should I stay put?

The way our league is set up he would cost me a 5th round pick next year. I was pretty much sold on not keeping him but then the timetable for return came out and sounded like he would be back in time for the start of next season... thoughts?

I have limited bench spots and am in the playoffs this year (most likely), but I am willing to keep Rubio if he is worth it.

At the end of the day is he worth keeping?

rank these 4 teams

1) PG - Ridnour Calderon

SG - Manu ,

SF- Ariza, Pierce, Marion, Hedo

PF - Faried, Pau, Humphries

C) Bargs, Tyson Chandler, Dalembert

2) PG - Kemba, Nash, Rondo

SG - Lou Will, Derozan, Jordan Crawford

SF - None

PF - Love, Dirk, David West, Elton Brand

C - Bynum, Deandre Jordan, Ibaka

3) PG - Brandon Knight, Mario Chalmers, Raymond Felton, Jrue Holiday

SG - Marcus Thornton

SF - LBJ

PF - Greg Monroe, Cousins, Duncan, Al- Jeff, David Lee

C - JaVale McGee, Marc Gasol

4) PG - Mike Conley, Jeremy Lin, John Wall

SG - Jason Terry, Dudley

SF - Danilo Gallinari, Rudy Gay, Corey Maggette

PF - Ryan Anderson, Paul Milsap, Drew Gooden

Center - D12, Bismark Biyombo

Should I drop Evan Turner or Jared Dudley for Ekpe Udoh?

Im leaning towards dropping Jared Dudley.

It seems I need a little more blocks, and even though Turner is owned in less % of league, I think he has a better shot at keeping his rebounding numbers high plus he gives me a good amount of assists.

Who should I drop Dudley or Turner? Or should I stay put?

Tough choice. I'd probably stick with who you have, and acquire your blocks through trades. But between the two, I think Dudley is the one to drop.

The way our league is set up he would cost me a 5th round pick next year. I was pretty much sold on not keeping him but then the timetable for return came out and sounded like he would be back in time for the start of next season... thoughts?

I have limited bench spots and am in the playoffs this year (most likely), but I am willing to keep Rubio if he is worth it.

At the end of the day is he worth keeping?

Torn ACL's take 6-9 months to fully rehab, according to the recent RW blurb. That's a pretty open timeline, but Rubio clearly won't be back this year or for the London Olympics. He might not even be back for the start of next season if he takes 8 or 9 months to heal, rather than 6 or 7. After a blistering hot start to the season, Rubio leveled out to around third/fourth round talent (and I'd suspect he edges closer to providing third round value than fourth round). It depends on your other keeper options, but I'd say he's worth the keep as keeping a third round talent for a 5th round pick seems like a pretty good trade-off to me.

rank these 4 teams

1) PG - Ridnour Calderon

SG - Manu ,

SF- Ariza, Pierce, Marion, Hedo

PF - Faried, Pau, Humphries

C) Bargs, Tyson Chandler, Dalembert

2) PG - Kemba, Nash, Rondo

SG - Lou Will, Derozan, Jordan Crawford

SF - None

PF - Love, Dirk, David West, Elton Brand

C - Bynum, Deandre Jordan, Ibaka

3) PG - Brandon Knight, Mario Chalmers, Raymond Felton, Jrue Holiday

SG - Marcus Thornton

SF - LBJ

PF - Greg Monroe, Cousins, Duncan, Al- Jeff, David Lee

C - JaVale McGee, Marc Gasol

4) PG - Mike Conley, Jeremy Lin, John Wall

SG - Jason Terry, Dudley

SF - Danilo Gallinari, Rudy Gay, Corey Maggette

PF - Ryan Anderson, Paul Milsap, Drew Gooden

Center - D12, Bismark Biyombo

4 - By far the most balanced, and doesn't have any players with poor playoff schedules.

3 - Absolutely loaded on big men, and with a few trades, the team could easily balance out and compete with Team 4 for the best team of the group.

2- Another team heavy on bigs.

1 - Definitely the worst.

My likely opponents for the playoffs all have players with favorable schedules...

1) ZBo, LeBron, David West, Jamison, and Conley

2) George, Wade, Cousins

3) Chalmers, Gasol, Tyreke, and Varejao.

Do I stand a chance (team in sig)? And any suggestions on realistic trades than I can try to propose to these teams?

What do you think of my team (in Sig) for the playoffs, and potential trades of me giving up Ellis + Ibaka + Gallo for Durant + Amare + Delfino or Lowry + Monroe + Gallo for Durant + Amare + Delfino

My likely opponents for the playoffs all have players with favorable schedules...

1) ZBo, LeBron, David West, Jamison, and Conley

2) George, Wade, Cousins

3) Chalmers, Gasol, Tyreke, and Varejao.

Do I stand a chance (team in sig)? And any suggestions on realistic trades than I can try to propose to these teams?

You're heavy on bigs and have no reliable guards at all, although J. Crawford might have a nice second half. SFs are by far the shallowest position and you have 4 of them; see if you can flip Josh Smith and/or Maggette for some guards. You'll likely solidify your three's in doing so, as well.

What do you think of my team (in Sig) for the playoffs, and potential trades of me giving up Ellis + Ibaka + Gallo for Durant + Amare + Delfino or Lowry + Monroe + Gallo for Durant + Amare + Delfino

Of the two trades, I would do Ellis/Ibaka/Gallo for Durant/Amare/Delfino. You're getting the best player of the deal without question, and that best player also happens to be the guy who some people my argue is the best fantasy contributor today. Amare has no where to go but up, and is a nice buy-low option right now.

what should i do about evan turner? he's beasting - i would drop maggette but i can't do that because i would have 4 of his games in the playoffs vs 2 of turners and that's too huge. any other droppable candidates?

i suppose i could drop dudley but his consistency is hugely valuable

what should i do about evan turner? he's beasting - i would drop maggette but i can't do that because i would have 4 of his games in the playoffs vs 2 of turners and that's too huge. any other droppable candidates?

i suppose i could drop dudley but his consistency is hugely valuable

Drop Maggette. He will inevitably get injured, and even if he doesn't, Turner is more valuable for his across the board contributions. Plus, I'm guessing that Maggette is going to cede minutes to youngsters like Henderson more as Maggette doesn't really fit with the Bobcats's long term plans.

Just picked up Turner but dropped Isaiah to do it. I just got Gallo back so I'm hoping he'll make up the difference in 3s but should I drop Brooks or Biyombo(about 10 blocks behind 3rd place) for any of Isaiah, Gee, or Udoh?

you don't think the extra playoffs games are a big factor?

Similar to Stephen Curry, a favorable playoff schedule actually works against the favor of Maggette, as it poses that much more of an injury risk. Besides, Maggette's biggest strength is his FT contributions, but it'd be a wash on your team since you have D12 and Biyombo.

Just picked up Turner but dropped Isaiah to do it. I just got Gallo back so I'm hoping he'll make up the difference in 3s but should I drop Brooks or Biyombo(about 10 blocks behind 3rd place) for any of Isaiah, Gee, or Udoh?

Very tough choices to make here. I think the IT for Turner was a logical move for now, as IT's minutes are too shaky. However, IT has talent and should easily be 100% owned as long as he gets minutes, while Gee and Udoh are set for big second halves. I'd scramble to find some trade offers right now, and see if you can get anyone to take Jamison (old, shut down candidate, might get traded), Jack (shut down candidate, position battle w/Vasquez), and Smith (bad playoff schedule). David Lee would be an excellent target, as he has a fantastic schedule the rest of the season and is a double-double monster, which is a bonus for your league. If you're able to get a 2-for-1 done, I'd pick the three in order of this: Gee, Udoh, Thomas (ranking Udoh ahead of Thomas as you need blocks more than assists as your team stands).

I need to PICK 4 out of these 7 players to start next week:

Lawson - 3

Irving - 3

Ilyasova - 3

Ginobili - 4

Ridnour - 4

Nick Young - 5

Booker - 5

A couple of important notes - I have to play 1 of either Lawson/Irving/Ridnour so that I can fill my PG slot.

Also, my opponent next week has a TERRIBLE team FT% and assists. He has essentially sacrificed those 2 categories. So I should be able to easily win those 2 categories and thus am not placing a lot of importance on them.

Right now, I'm pretty certain that I'm going to be playing Ginobili for 4 games and Trevor Booker for 5 games. As of right now I was thinking about playing Ridnour for his 4 games and Nick Young for his 5 games, and simply benching all the guys who have 3 games this week (Lawson, Irving, Ilyasova)

Thoughts?

I need to PICK 4 out of these 7 players to start next week:

Lawson - 3

Irving - 3

Ilyasova - 3

Ginobili - 4

Ridnour - 4

Nick Young - 5

Booker - 5

A couple of important notes - I have to play 1 of either Lawson/Irving/Ridnour so that I can fill my PG slot.

Also, my opponent next week has a TERRIBLE team FT% and assists. He has essentially sacrificed those 2 categories. So I should be able to easily win those 2 categories and thus am not placing a lot of importance on them.

Right now, I'm pretty certain that I'm going to be playing Ginobili for 4 games and Trevor Booker for 5 games. As of right now I was thinking about playing Ridnour for his 4 games and Nick Young for his 5 games, and simply benching all the guys who have 3 games this week (Lawson, Irving, Ilyasova)

Thoughts?

I'd just go with Manu/Ridnour/Young/Booker for their volume. Since you don't really need FT% and assists, it's alright to bench Lawson/Irving, although Irving has a nice week in terms of matchups. Ilyasova also has a good week for matchups as well, but Booker has 2 extra games that certainly could make up for it.

I am looking to upgrade my team to the best of my ability. I don't mind doing major trades if you guys can think of someone to be on my team. I am in a 14 team H2H points league (total fantasy points count and are awarded for each point steal rebound etc. I should make playoffs as long as the 3 teams below me lose at least 1 of the next 2 games remaining. If I win 1 more game I will be in 100%.

Here is my current team:

Rajon Rondo

Russel Westbrook

Pau Gasol

Manu Ginobli

Zach Randolph (Returns Tuesday)

Gerald Wallace

Nene

Luis Scola

Marshon Brooks

Alonzo Gee

Sheldon Williams (Dropped him for a waiver pickup for Blatche for Tuesday may not get him)

Rodrigue Beaubois

Gordon Hayward

So there we go thats my team and I really want to kick it up a notch. I feel like I'll actually do quite well as long as my guys are all running at 100%. They are all coming back from injuries but are no long DTD. Zach is the only one. Help!

I am looking to upgrade my team to the best of my ability. I don't mind doing major trades if you guys can think of someone to be on my team. I am in a 14 team H2H points league (total fantasy points count and are awarded for each point steal rebound etc. I should make playoffs as long as the 3 teams below me lose at least 1 of the next 2 games remaining. If I win 1 more game I will be in 100%.

Here is my current team:

Rajon Rondo

Russel Westbrook

Pau Gasol

Manu Ginobli

Zach Randolph (Returns Tuesday)

Gerald Wallace

Nene

Luis Scola

Marshon Brooks

Alonzo Gee

Sheldon Williams (Dropped him for a waiver pickup for Blatche for Tuesday may not get him)

Rodrigue Beaubois

Gordon Hayward

So there we go thats my team and I really want to kick it up a notch. I feel like I'll actually do quite well as long as my guys are all running at 100%. They are all coming back from injuries but are no long DTD. Zach is the only one. Help!

Well this is a really vague question so I'm not really sure how to respond. In terms of who to trade away, GWall, Nene, Scola, and Brooks would be guys you should be looking to trade away. Depending on your FA pool, there should be better options than Williams/Blatche and Roddy B.

I recently acquired Dwight Howard in my roto league. The owner who wants him has some players that I like including Bryant, Aldridge, Nash, Pekovic and McGee. I need help in steals, 3's and blocks, although I'm not in first in any category so help to me team should affect my standing. The manager I'm considering trading with is 2 spots behind me and we are battling in those 3 categories among others. I feel like he's overvaluing Howard a bit and therefore I feel I could make a trade that would help me win the league.

Will you check my team in the sig and see if you could construct a trade or two that would definitely help me?

BTW, awesome idea and great advice so far!

First of all : I m in a very deep league ( points not roto ) !

Should I drop my G.Green for G.Stiemsma ?

( Green had 1 impressive game but I dun think he can repeat it ,

Stiemsma will get his minutes with Wilcox & O'neal out )

what do u think ?

The pool has gotten pretty bad lately. It's a pretty deep league with some smart players. I just got offered this trade. My Luis Scola and Marshon Brooks for Harden and Camby. Think I should do it?

Hey, I'm back - what do you think about this potential trade:

Give: Love, Reke, KG

Get: Durant, Kobe, Delfino/Stuckey

Thanks!