Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

DeSean Jackson 2012 Outlook

97 posts in this topic

yuck...talk about overpaying. Should have just went after VJAX if you're going to pay that much money.

Terrible.

2 people like this

In my world, someone else can pay him that. After the crap he pulled last year I wouldn't want him on my team. Winning is his fourth or fifth priority.

I think I trust this guy about as much after he got paid as I did when he was complaining about not getting paid and just going through the motions. A guy that quits like he did because he isnt getting paid, to me is the same type of guy thats going to ease off now that he has been paid. I see it as a risky move that could pay dividends for Philly, they essentially let him strong arm them into paying him with his lackluster effort and terrible attitude and body language last season.

As a person or a teammate, I have no respect for this guy whatsoever...........But in my fantasy world, I will gladly take him on my team. The guy is a total play maker and now that he has his contract, I bet he returns to being a stud WR again. Philly looks scary again if they get him back on track.

3 year averages : ~55 catches, ~1000 yards, ~6TDs

add 5 TDs rushing/punt return over those 3 years

yea, super stud

If the guy was sandbagging it when he was trying to get a big contract, I don't know if I could trust him to start playing ball now that he's paid. He seems like the type that would lose motivation until the next contract year.

2 people like this

He was playing for a contract last year and sandbagged. The years previous, he had a contract and had big years so not sure you can draw any conclusions on history. I can't stand the guy but I think he will be back in the discussion as a top 10 TYPE fantasy WR. His talent is obviously off the charts so its just a matter of motivation. He isn't a big guy and with his concussion history, I am sure he was playing not to get hurt until he got paid. Not saying its right, but now that he has some financial security, I could see him returning to his old form. He is still only 25 years old, many big years ahead if he stays healthy.

Has ALL the talent in the world and can be a difference maker for any team but you cannot change the fact that he's selfish and has an attitude. He's a locker room problem and obviously puts his interest over the teams.

I don't care what his 3 year averages are...his was mediocre last season and did jack squat in the return game. He's also fragile

Has ALL the talent in the world and can be a difference maker for any team but you cannot change the fact that he's selfish and has an attitude. He's a locker room problem and obviously puts his interest over the teams.

I don't care what his 3 year averages are...his was mediocre last season and did jack squat in the return game. He's also fragile

Andy Reid seems very taken with DJax, likes him quite a bit. His speed does change a game but his hands have seemed to become inconsistent. It looked like he was afraid to go over the middle or take a hit. He'll need to earn this money.......I like Maclin as the better WR but that offense should still be very good when Vick is healthy....

Impressive...a team actually using the Franchise Tag to work a long term deal. Haha...anyway, at least DJax has no excuse to fool around (although now he has nothing to play for since he got paid). If he can drop the Randy Moss entitlement act and maybe play like he should, then he will do fine. There is no doubt that the skill is there...but unless he gets his head straight...then he won't be any more of a distraction. If he drops the attitude, then he is well worth the money and the fantasy WR spot. If not, then he can be on someone else's team.

so...

a 1 dimensional concussion prone cry baby who, even at his best, didn't put up elite receiving numbers and just got a new contract

... no thanks.

He was a top 10 fantasy WR at one point. One dimensional as in has potential for 8-10 total TDs, over 1000 yards receiving and a return threat...... Yeah, I would roll the dice. Injury history is a concern I do agree with that part but he is a special talent and he could be a major fantasy asset again.

so...

a 1 dimensional concussion prone cry baby who, even at his best, didn't put up elite receiving numbers and just got a new contract

... no thanks.

Now that he got paid is he no longer of afraid of anyone on the other team? Doubt it.

I would draft him as a top 15 WR.......and hope things click and he is more then that.

Depending on my draft strategy, I'd take him in either Rounds 2, 3, or 4 (12-team league), depending.

I'd be okay with having him as my WR2 - I'd LOVE to have him as my WR3 (my league starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE + DEF&K).

If I took a WR in Round 1, I'd consider taking him as my WR2 in Round 2. Otherwise, if I only draft 1 WR in the first 2 Rounds, I'd definitely be looking for him when it came time to pick in Round 3. If I picked another position in that round, and he somehow fell to Round 4, I wouldn't even consider another player at that point, he'd be mine.

My take on him: though it's somewhat risky, he's easily a top 20 WR, likely a top 15, with the potential to easily crack the top 10. His ultimate ceiling is probably top 5, though I'd suggest he'll likely end up performing in 2012 as a borderline top 5 talent. And that's exactly the sort of upside you're looking for out of your WR2.

If you're drafting him as a top 15 WR, he'll most like be your WR1 in 12 teamers. Throughout his career and especially the past few years, he's been extremely inconsistent and in non-ppr leagues and TD heavy leagues, you bump him down significantly. Return TDs last year? Big Zero. Teams just won't kick to him anymore so hoping for those punt return TDs is wishful thinking IMO.

I think he's a risky play and I'll let him be someone else's headache. He's got attitude issues and you just don't know when he's going to actually put in effort. Correct me if I'm wrong but he's been getting banged up as well with the concussions.

His season rides on Michael Vick. If Vick does well, Jackson will do well.

The Eagles need to come up with some schemes to keep Vick protected and allow him to have more time to throw.

It does send a poor message in real life. Whine and complain until you get your way.

I'm not sure what the Eagles accomplished by playing hardball with Jackson and then paying him anyway.

I agree with another poster that they should have gone with VJax if they were going to spend the money.

DJax has too many questions marks for me now... What's his motivation now?

He quit on the team and still got paid... good example for the guys that actually try...

As far as where do I rank him?

He's one of the few players I won't draft.

Based on what it would take to get him, someone else can take that gamble.

1 person likes this

So you won't draft him? If he falls late into the draft, you would pass on him....come on, be real. I get the guy is a diva and doesn't seem like a real good human being.....but many guys in the nfl aren't the best people. Djax has the ability to be a top 10 WR.....he has been before when he had a contract. I have no idea if he will return to form but the potential is there for him to significantly outperform his draft position....if he falls in draft. And in the end, since none of these clowns are buddies of mine or people I have any relationship with...if he can help me win my fantasy league, I will certainly roll the dice on him if he slips in any draft I am part of.