Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slaughterrt

Eric Decker 2012 Season Outlook

175 posts in this topic

Now that the Manning to Denver signing is all but official...what excitement is in store for the Bronco's WRs? More specifically, Eric Decker. I picked up Decker from the FA in my dynasty in hopes that Manning would be signing in Denver...and boy did that work out. Question is, will it be worth it? He must have better success than with Tebow, right? What do you think?

Decker is Manning's Collie. Bank on it.

I am counting on it. I took a chance on Decker and it looks like it will pay off. I also grabbed Meachem once I saw he "replaced" VJax...hope I am two for two in the offseason (will have some good WRs in my dynasty league).

He'll be productive. All of their pass catchers will be. Not a Pro Bowler, but productive.

Honestly, I don't really see him matching his 2011 TD output. He should have more yards and certainly more catches but over 8 TDs will be tough.

Keep in mind, they'll likely be bringing in Dallas Clark and a couple other targets to supplement what's already there.

Decker is Manning's Collie. Bank on it.

Absolutely.

So.... The question is, what round is too early to reach for Decker ?

Absolutely.

So.... The question is, what round is too early to reach for Decker ?

I know it's fool's gold but I'd need to see some preseason magic to go earlier than the 8th in a 12 teamer.

I know it's fool's gold but I'd need to see some preseason magic to go earlier than the 8th in a 12 teamer.

I think if you have at least 3 smart guys in your league, Decker will be gone by the 7th (at the latest) in a 12 team league. In a 10 team league, a strategy could be made to wait till the 6th or 7th round, but somebody could reach in the 5th.

I think his potential is that huge. I like him more than Thomas.

demaryious thomas is a better player ,and will be 2012's "breakout" WR

i like both, but thomas is a freak

1 person likes this

I think if you have at least 3 smart guys in your league, Decker will be gone by the 7th (at the latest) in a 12 team league. In a 10 team league, a strategy could be made to wait till the 6th or 7th round, but somebody could reach in the 5th.

I think his potential is that huge. I like him more than Thomas.

Why would he go earlier in a smaller league?

Anybody talking about Decker going 5th rd. in a 10 team league has an open invitation to join my league.

In my keeper league, I actually drafted Decker to begin last year and had drafted Thomas the previous year. I nearly dropped Thomas from all those injuries but I knew he would be good. Wow those guys both will pay off. Along with Calvin Johnson and Hakeem Nicks, I may not be sure who to start week to week if the Broncos start rolling.

Unfortunately, Thomas will be hyped up big time during the offseason and with his HUGE injury risk and inflated ADP, it's enough for me to pass.

In PPR leagues, Decker is going to provide big time value as Manning knows how to full utilize the slot receiver. Not exactly sure where he should be going but anywhere past the 6th round and he'll outproduce his ADP imo.

I think Decker is the wr to own in Denver. Thomas's injury history bothers me, plus Decker is better suited to running precise routes that Manning loves so much. But the fantasy steal from the Broncos will be Jacob Tamme. Write it down and take a picture!

How does Andre Caldwell factor into the picture? Peyton could have some serious weapons here, especially if they could go out and trade for Jonathon Stewart

I think decker is going to have a huge year this year. He runs his routes like a top receiver in the league, and Manning loves that. I agree with the Austin Collie comparison. On where he should be drafted, thats more of a feel thing, feel of the draft, feel of the league and whose smart and whose not in your league. I'll deffinetly be looking for him though after the 6/7 round.

This guy better not blow up with hype this offseason... an absolute must target IMO. Austin Collie 2.0.

Coming into his third year makes him that much more tantalizing. But without seeing a little pre-season it's hard to imagine taking Decker sooner than the 6th or 7th round, but Manning could easily make Decker's end of year production equate to that of a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Good to hear, im targetting this guy in the 6th. Given his production with Tebow.. 600+ yards and 8 td's, he has WR1 upside imho. And lets be clear, we're talking about TEBOW. Worst passing qb in the league and Decker still comes up with 8 td's. Demeryius Thomas is good but he's too injury prone... i hate being caught with my pants down towards the end of the season because of injury prone players.

I read somewhere that Peyton likes this guy because of his route running. He's big 6'3", ~220 lbs. Runs a low 4.5, is an excellent route runner with a good pair of mitts and isn't afraid to go across the middle. Think Peyton to Collie connection but without the injury concerns because he's bigger than most of the db's covering him.

Great sleeper value. Don't judge the guy because he's white... talent is talent. I project 1000+ and 10+ td's assuming he stays healthy and thats conservative because Peyton loves to fling the ball around.

Good to hear, im targetting this guy in the 6th. Given his production with Tebow.. 600+ yards and 8 td's, he has WR1 upside imho. And lets be clear, we're talking about TEBOW. Worst passing qb in the league and Decker still comes up with 8 td's. Demeryius Thomas is good but he's too injury prone... i hate being caught with my pants down towards the end of the season because of injury prone players.

To be fir half of his yards and TD's came in the first 4 games before Tebow was QB'ing.

To be fir half of his yards and TD's came in the first 4 games before Tebow was QB'ing.

fair point.. but would you say that Peyton Manning is better than Kyle Orton? Your statement doesn't really hurt my argument that Decker is a borderline wr1. 400 yards and 4 td's in 4 games is not bad in my book.. not bad at all..

fair point.. but would you say that Peyton Manning is better than Kyle Orton? Your statement doesn't really hurt my argument that Decker is a borderline wr1. 400 yards and 4 td's in 4 games is not bad in my book.. not bad at all..

I was really trying to enhance yur point