Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Bryan

Adam Jones 2012 Season Outlook

339 posts in this topic

There wasn't a thread pinned for him so I figured I'd just make one. Jones is absolutely raking in spring training right now .with a .405/.436/.676 line. He had a solid season last year, is this the season he absolutely breaks out? I feel like the talent is there, so would .285, 30 bombs, 100 rbi and 75 runs scored be completely out of the question? I really wish he was in a better lineup, but he is slated to bat clean-up for Baltimore.

There wasn't a thread pinned for him so I figured I'd just make one. Jones is absolutely raking in spring training right now .with a .405/.436/.676 line. He had a solid season last year, is this the season he absolutely breaks out? I feel like the talent is there, so would .285, 30 bombs, 100 rbi and 75 runs scored be completely out of the question? I really wish he was in a better lineup, but he is slated to bat clean-up for Baltimore.

There are much worse lineups than Baltimore's. I still don't see Jones hitting 30 home runs while hitting close to 50% of the balls in play on the ground. He will be an all around solid outfielder. I see him putting up a similar line to what he did last year. Now if he starts hitting more fly balls, his home run total should go up playing in hitter's ball parks for the majority of the season. It's just hard to see him breaking out unless he starts walking more or elevating the ball more.

I'm liking the two stolen bags in the past two days. He might not turn out to be a bad investment this year.

This is my first time ever owning Adam Jones, I'm pretty happy so far. I feel like he's pretty undervalued.

Hard to believe he's still only 26. He's good for a .280 AVG, 25 HRs, 70-80 R, 80+ RBI, 10+ SB.

Hard to believe he's still only 26. He's good for a .280 AVG, 25 HRs, 70-80 R, 80+ RBI, 10+ SB.

I was expecting about 10 SB from Adam this year. The weird thing is, he's already got 3 in the first week and he hasn't been caught once. I hope this is a trend, and not a fluke. If he could go 20/20 I would be VERY satisfied.

He reportedly spend a solid amount of time working on his base stealing with Brian Roberts this spring training. I don't think 20 SB's is out of the question.

1 person likes this

Monster shot off the 3rd deck facade.

absolute BOMB. i really think Jones takes the next step this year to a potential 30/20 or maybe even 30/30 player

He's been amazing so far...

I'm feeling like I got a steal at #100 overall

I could use some more RBIs, but nothing he can do about that. Solo shots.

I'm happy but at the same time sad :unsure: . I have both Jones and Santiago...but man, Adam is scorching hot to start the season. Polar opposite of how he started off last year.

This guy just gives up an aura of blandness for some reason.

Generic name

Same, average ratios for the past 3 years

Yet he's a 26 year who's balling and he still can't get his thread onto the 2nd page

Maybe this is the year he mights a slight jump from his usual 20 HR, 75 RBI, 10 SB, .280 season to something like

27 HR, 80 RBI, 25 SB, .300?

Or is that expecting too much?

I don't like his RBI chances I guess

Maybe this is the year he mights a slight jump from his usual 20 HR, 75 RBI, 10 SB, .280 season to something like

27 HR, 80 RBI, 25 SB, .300?

Or is that expecting too much?

I don't like his RBI chances I guess

I'm not sure he'll get 25 sbs... I'm thinking closer to 15ish with the upside of 20.

This guy just gives up an aura of blandness for some reason.

Generic name

Same, average ratios for the past 3 years

Yet he's a 26 year who's balling and he still can't get his thread onto the 2nd page

THIS. Exactly. I was hesitant to draft him because my conception of him going into the year was exactly this. However, having now watched him a lot this year, I could not be happier I drafted him. He looks awesome so far, and it turns out, he is actually a really fun player to watch. Who would have thought?

dude has been a monster so far. Wish he had some ducks on the pond though when he's mashing these bombs...

I love this guy. 10 game hitting streak to open the season AND hes running at a higher than normal pace. I'm in an OBP league so I wish he walked more, which could happen since hes been cementing himself as quite the threat early on.

I could realistically see a 30/20 type of season with the OBP hovering around .330.

I am going to offer some unpopular advice, but sell high on him if you own him. Still has not improved his bottom 5 league worst plate discipline. The guy literally hacks at everything. 9:1 k:bb ratio. The guy will have a statistical peak of last year until he learns to be more selective.

I am going to offer some unpopular advice, but sell high on him if you own him. Still has not improved his bottom 5 league worst plate discipline. The guy literally hacks at everything. 9:1 k:bb ratio. The guy will have a statistical peal of last year until he learns to be more selective.

I agree with your reasoning although the guy in my league who picks winners every year has him so I can almost guarantee career numbers across the board (except walks of course)

I am going to offer some unpopular advice, but sell high on him if you own him. Still has not improved his bottom 5 league worst plate discipline. The guy literally hacks at everything. 9:1 k:bb ratio. The guy will have a statistical peak of last year until he learns to be more selective.

Are you also advising selling Hamilton and his ZERO walks at this time? I wish I had either of these hackers in my OF.

Are you also advising selling Hamilton and his ZERO walks at this time? I wish I had either of these hackers in my OF.

Really? You are going to compare Hamilton to Jones? Hamilton does not have elite patience, but he has proven to have a component idea of the strike zone. His career OBP is 56 pts higher than his average. 8 to 9% walk rate generally. Jones is in the 4% category. That is horrifying.