Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jfloan

Felix Jones

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard any offseason news on Felix Jones and DeMarco Murray? I have an owner in my dynasty league going hard at me for Felix Jones. He's sent 4 different offers in four days to get Felix from me.

This owner typically likes to pull shyster moves, so most of us are a little leary to do a deal with this guy. Anything special worth noting about the Dallas backfield this season to get this kid so adamant about getting Felix?

Jones is entering the last year of his contract and with Murray on board as the preferred lead RB, it is unlikely they will re-sign him.

There are light whispers that the Cowboys are considering dealing him while they can get something worthwhile for him.

(Don't ask for links - just stuff I pick up along the way in reading a million different articles, etc...)

Felix was brought in to compliment MBIII and never really panned out with any consistency, so maybe Dallas wants to move on.

I doubt your shyster league-mate is offering much, but if there is value to be had, then maybe consider it.

Tough to predict a viable trade partner for Dallas, so unless he's offering you something you can't pass on, I would wait it out...

I haven't heard anything notable about Felix or Murray this offseason. With as hard as this dude is coming for him, I was wondering what he might know that I have missed. I told him Felix for Ridley which (as expected) he balked at.

He's offering me several bad deals the last few days. Knowshon for Felix (I'm not a McGahee owner either). A third round rookie draft selection for Felix. Vincent Brown for Felix. Trades of that nature that aren't very entertaining. I have Felix at a pretty cap friendly contract as my RB4, and wouldn't mind him taking a roster spot with all things considered.

I figured there had to have been some whispers I haven't heard going on for this guy to come at Felix hard. I don't think a trade can be worked out because he has waiver wire fodder and big names on his roster. Very little middle tier depth that would make a deal really work for both teams.

I'm a Dallas fan and haven't read anything or heard any whispers about a hold up in Murray's rehab. Murray should lead the timeshare next season about 65/35.....

I guess it is worth noting that this guy too is a Dallas fan. He has Romo, Witten and Austin on his roster. So this may be a homer trade. I sweat this guy is sleeping with Adam Shefter, because he seems to know things a few hours before the rest of us. So by rule, we don't accept any trade offers from this guy until a 48 hour "reviewal period" has gone by.

You have the luxury of time here and the luxury of owning the desired player.

Maybe he's a homer... or maybe you got some good news coming your way!

felix jones stunk, currenlty stinks, and will stink in the future