Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swirsky Stars

Arenas out 2-3 months

WASHINGTON -- Gilbert Arenas will miss two to three months after tearing the lateral meniscus in his left knee during Wednesday night's Washington Wizards game against Charlotte, the team announced.

Arenas will have arthroscopic surgery Thursday at Sibley Memorial Hospital. He will begin rehabilitation next week.

"Gilbert was performing at an elite level," Wizards president of basketball operations Ernie Grunfeld said in a news release. "It's unfortunate that this injury occurred, but being the competitor that he is, Gilbert will approach his rehab regimen with the same work ethic that has made him one of the league's most outstanding performers. We expect him to make a full recovery, and we know that his teammates will be up to the challenge to respond in his absence."

Arenas averaged 28.4 points and 6.0 assists per game in 74 contests this season, and made his third consecutive All Star appearance.

--ESPN

can't believe i lost 3 studs in one nite!

Arenas, Chandler and Mowill

though I hope the latter 2 returns to save my week

It's been a brutal season, there is no question about that, but just remember, that likely your opponent is also getting tagged or at very least is about to.

If you can keep it close until the hammer falls on your opponent, you can squeak out a victory. I have won many times in the past doing that.