Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madskillz

2012 Tennessee Titans Season Thread

26 posts in this topic

So let's talk about my fav team offense.

What nr would you take Kenny Britt? Last season I took him on rd 8....and it was kinda a steal until he got injured. :( He was having a great season. Hope he could stay healthy this season. How about CJ??? Or Nate Washington?

Discuss.

i'm all over britt this year, he should still be available at a decent value and he has stud potential

my opinions on chris johnson are well documented on this forum

i never take TE early, i'll be tempted to take jared cook again

im a big fan of kenny but it all depends on the QB play

That Hasselbeck & Britt duo was a deadly one last year. Hope Britt can stay healthy for the team this year. But even if Locker starts at the QB position his accuracy ain't bad how people say it is, when he took over for the injured Hasselbeck last season he proved he has a good arm to throw.

Also Jared Cook might have a break out year this season, keep that in mind.

I bet CJ returns to at least reliable RB1 form, but I don't think I'd pay RB1 draft costs for him.

As for Britt, I never feel like predicting a return after a blown out knee is anything more than a guess. Pair that with his comically bad judgment off the field and I bet you might get him in round 8 again. I'd probably not take him sooner than that.

Nate Washington seems to outplay his ADP every year.

2 people like this

I'm expecting a return to form for CJ. Would consider him towards the end of Round 1 if there weren't other RB's I liked more, and there wasn't some super Elite stud at another position (Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Calvin Johnson, guys like that).

... i have this sick feeling i'll be tempted to take CJ and end up with him after bashing him all last year

only because i can totally see him falling in most of my leagues to the mid/late 2nd round .., and all the "stud" backs coming off injury

... i have this sick feeling i'll be tempted to take CJ and end up with him after bashing him all last year

only because i can totally see him falling in most of my leagues to the mid/late 2nd round .., and all the "stud" backs coming off injury

They also signed that Odude from the Vikings I can't remeber his name, supposedly "his suppose to be good", maybe CJ will have some open lanes to run now!

Britt: “I will be 110 Percent Better Than Before”

Posted by Gary Glenn on March 28, 2012 – 12:55 pm

Titans wde receiver Kenny Britt said he is ahead of schedule in his recovery from knee surgery and that he will “definitely be there for the first game…you can count on that,” in comments recently made to Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean.

Britt tore the ACL and MCL in his right knee in Week 3 vs. Denver last season. He was on a torrid pace, catching 17 passes for 289 yards (17.0 avg.) and three touchdowns prior to the injury.

Britt told Wyatt he felt good after running for the first time without a knee brace last week. He also planted and cut with his right leg.

“I guarantee I will be back and better than I’ve ever been before,” Britt said. “With all the work I have been putting in, I will be 110 percent better than before. This has not been a setback if you ask me. The way I see it, it has been a head start for 2012.”

Britt, who told Mike Keith last month that he was making great progress, said he has spent more quality time with Titans trainers than his wife.

Veteran QB Matt Hasselbeck has been impressed.

“He has been there every day since he got hurt,” Hasselbeck said. “And he is not there for a couple of hours, he is there five to six hours a day. His attitude has been great. He brings a lot of life and energy into whatever room he is in. … And he’s been doing and saying all the right things, so I think everyone is encouraged.”

A little more gas on the "Return of CJ2K" fire:

Chris Johnson will participate in the Titans' offseason conditioning program for the first time in his career.

Johnson opted to work out on his own in Orlando for his first four seasons in the NFL. He will report to Baptist Park this offseason, however, after a clause was included in his contract that docks him $250,000 if he doesn't attend. The Nashville Tennessean's Jim Wyatt expects the Titans' running game to "benefit greatly" from the newfound sense of offseason togetherness.

Delete the thread now please.

Superbowl here we come, for this to happen all Mike Munchak has to do is, unleash the next Steve Young aka Jake the Snake aka JAKE LOCKER!

Our offense is going to be deadly, minus the loser Kenny Britt.

Kendall Wright, Jared Cook, and Nate Washington.

Kendall Wright is going to be the next Desean Jackson with lesser speed. Jake is going to be top 5 quaterbacks if the coach only gives him a chance and sits the old dude Hasselquack!

LETS GO TITANS!!!!

The next Desean Jackson... with "lesser" speed

So, he's gonna be a one dimensional not as good ("lesser" if you will) WR who has never won anything... and Jake Locker is Steve Young

Did you know your TE and Jesus Christ have the same initials too !?! Superbowl here you come !?!

wow.

The next Desean Jackson... with "lesser" speed

So, he's gonna be a one dimensional not as good ("lesser" if you will) WR who has never won anything... and Jake Locker is Steve Young

Did you know your TE and Jesus Christ have the same initials too !?! Superbowl here you come !?!

wow.

I forgot to add CJ2K will come out beasting this year and will prove to the NFL hes still the best running back to ever play this game and thats why hes worth the contract we gived him last year!

You mad bro?

Too bad if you manage to make it into the Superbowl you're just going to lose to Green Bay. umadbro?

I love loyal fanatic NFL fans :) and I'm pretty high on Locker's future.

1 person likes this

Who forgot about Damian Williams?

Sadly I'm starting to get tempted to draft CJ again. I have 6 guys I place a first round value on (Foster, Rice, McCoy, Megatron, Mathews, Rogers), not sure what I'd do if any of them are gone by the time I pick. I am trying to figure out where to rank CJ, he's more durable than McFadden, younger than MJD, less competition than Forte, seems like he's my fifth best RB by default. I'm just not sure if he will play with passion this year. Their passing game looks like it has a ton of potential if Locker works out. Britt may be finished but they still have Cook and Washington who aren't bad along with Wright who looks exciting. If Britt is still with the team, they have the makings of a productive offense.

Sadly I'm starting to get tempted to draft CJ again. I have 6 guys I place a first round value on (Foster, Rice, McCoy, Megatron, Mathews, Rogers), not sure what I'd do if any of them are gone by the time I pick. I am trying to figure out where to rank CJ, he's more durable than McFadden, younger than MJD, less competition than Forte, seems like he's my fifth best RB by default. I'm just not sure if he will play with passion this year. Their passing game looks like it has a ton of potential if Locker works out. Britt may be finished but they still have Cook and Washington who aren't bad along with Wright who looks exciting. If Britt is still with the team, they have the makings of a productive offense.

You're not gonna forget you felt that way. Die with your boots on. You know you want an ELITE QB or MONSTER TE instead.

Too bad if you manage to make it into the Superbowl you're just going to lose to Green Bay. umadbro?

Are you rayray's bodyguard?

I mean, I don't mean to repeat my self, I know Palmers is a douchebag and all nd thats why Giants fired his bum a**, but I have faith in his offense with the Titans. CJ struggled beacuse of the new system and Palmers didnt really know CJ that well, and our blocking was terrible last year, but best believe CJ is coming out the gate and just running his a** off all year, you can guarantee that.

Jared Cook is another TE yall should be in a look out for, he has stated on his recent post interviews that hes taking that next step next year! he wants to be recognized with the top 5 TE's this year, in the category of; Gates, Gronks, etc.. I just hope Locker ******** starts! Our coach needs to stop bull****ing and start the new talent, he has potentional to be great, THANKS GOD WE DIDN'T DRAFT GABBERT HA HA HA, JAGUARS ARE ******!

I don't know why anyone should believe CJ will run hard this year, when he didn't last year. What's changed? He wasn't in as good of shape last year but that shouldn't have affected his effort. Problem is after the top tier RBs they all are dicey.

I don't know why anyone should believe CJ will run hard this year, when he didn't last year. What's changed? He wasn't in as good of shape last year but that shouldn't have affected his effort. Problem is after the top tier RBs they all are dicey.

What's changed? The fact that he's publicly admitted he was disappointed in himself. The fact he is participating in vouluntary s--- with the team when he doesn't need to. The fact he showed some flashes of returning to form at the end of last season.

Frankly, I hope CJ goes for cheap at auction this year based on the fact he was a bust last year. (Although he wasn't too much of a bust in our league considering he was 15th or so off the board last year). He will have a bounce back year. The signs are pointing up.

What's changed? The fact that he's publicly admitted he was disappointed in himself. The fact he is participating in vouluntary s--- with the team when he doesn't need to. The fact he showed some flashes of returning to form at the end of last season.

Frankly, I hope CJ goes for cheap at auction this year based on the fact he was a bust last year. (Although he wasn't too much of a bust in our league considering he was 15th or so off the board last year). He will have a bounce back year. The signs are pointing up.

He's obviously not going to come out and say he was happy with last season. Really all he can say is he was disappointed and he's going to pick it up this year. Talk is cheap. If you think that means anything you're crazy. And he showed up at "voluntary" workouts because there was a clause in his contract that would've docked him a huge amount of money if he hadn't. The only glimmer of hope is that he's not holding out this offseason so he'll come in in better shape. But nothing has changed that will keep him from being as unmotivated as he was last year.

Oh my. RIP. Thoughts go out to his family......

Police say Titans WR O.J. Murdock has died after a self-inflicted gunshot wound Monday morning in Tampa Bay.

Murdock had been absent from Titans camp for "personal reasons." Police reportedly discovered him at 8:30 a.m. in his car in front of the high school he graduated from, after he attempted suicide. He was taken to the hospital with critical injuries and later died. Murdock, who played two years of college ball at South Carolina, spent his only NFL season (2011) on injured reserve thanks to a foot injury.

1 person likes this