Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

Detroit Lions 2012 Season Thread

133 posts in this topic

Well, good thing they re-signed Kevin Smith....They almost have to look at adding another RB thru the draft or FA....

Lions RB Mikel Leshoure's two recent arrests for marijuana possession occurred on February 18 and March 12.

Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press confirms Leshoure is being arraigned for the second charge in a Berrien County Court on Monday. In February, Leshoure was cited for possession, pleaded to a lesser charge of "using" marijuana, and paid a fine. On March 12, Leshoure was pulled over by police and allegedly "tried to eat the weed" to avoid an additional charge. Leshoure can almost certainly expect a league-imposed suspension at some point in 2012.

His team just had a winnings season, made playoffs, and all without a running game.. and he does this? Not looking good for LeShoure so far, hopefully he's not one of those headaches like Marshall or many others. Learn your lesson Mikel and go be a good RB for your team! Two times getting busted is rather idiotic, especially given the fact that he has a clear shot to impress the Lions and possibly run away with a feature back role in what should remain for sometime a high scoring offense.

I'm saddened by this b/c I was really excited to see what he has in store. I still am, but not a good start Mikel.

Looks like I'll still be taking Jahvid Best and Kevin Smith as mid-to-late round RB2 fliers. Didn't think that was gonna happen this season.

His team just had a winnings season, made playoffs, and all without a running game.. and he does this? Not looking good for LeShoure so far, hopefully he's not one of those headaches like Marshall or many others. Learn your lesson Mikel and go be a good RB for your team! Two times getting busted is rather idiotic, especially given the fact that he has a clear shot to impress the Lions and possibly run away with a feature back role in what should remain for sometime a high scoring offense.

I'm saddened by this b/c I was really excited to see what he has in store. I still am, but not a good start Mikel.

Or Ndamokung Suh or Stefan Logan or Brandon Pettigrew or Nate Burleson.

To top it all off though, he didn't even show up to his arraignment today! If you gave me a list of just crap that idiots can do to beat themselves, there isn't a team I would rather wish it on more than the Lions.

LOL @ no show at court.

Someone pass the popcorn. Maybe I can draft Best in Round 8 if I'm lucky.

I don't think Best is in the plans.....not sure why anyone who cares for him would want him to play. I could see the Lions adding an RB in draft. Lamichael James would sure be nice.....he has Best like skills without the concussion history. The Lions offense isn't really designed to have a big grind it out RB....they are looking for play makers.

I've got a feeling that he's done after one, maybe two more concussions, but until that happens, it seems like Best is going to play.

And Best's concussions don't really affect his play for the most part. The only way they affect his play is if he gets one during the game, at which point he's out, done.

The later I can draft him, the more comfortable I'd feel about doing so. I drafted him last year in the 5th Round, as my RB2, and that worked alright until he got the concussion. I had drafted pretty good backup RB's, and since I had only drafted him as my RB2, it was no real big deal to toss in the backup RB instead once the injury happened. Kevin Smith showing up later in the season was cool, too.

If he lasts 6 weeks for me as the mostly-featured RB (which I actually doubt is going to happen this year, as opposed to last year), then he'd be worth RB2 consideration. However, I wouldn't take him as my starting RB2. My backup RB2, or my 4th total RB on my roster, yeah. You're not drafting him anymore with even the remote notion that he's going to be the feature back, even for the RB-depleted Lions.

I can't believe they're not being much more aggressive to get an upgrade in that backfield. It is arguably the only missing piece for a deep run.

Are they really relying on Best?

He's this guy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/Proteus74/218852-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Running-Chicken-Egg-With-Legs-And-Eyes.jpg

Leshoure is facing a felony charge for the 2nd arrest. He'll definitely get suspended.....He's in a ton of trouble....At least he stopped eating the pot after the cops told him to. Compliant.

Updating previous items, Lions RB Mikel Leshoure's March 12 arrest for marijuana possession is a felony charge.

The police term is "possession of marijuana/second offense" because Leshoure was arrested twice for the same misdeed. Police did acknowledge Leshoure stopped eating the weed after officers caught him in the act following a traffic stop. The Detroit Free Press points out that Leshoure may face a six-game suspension for multiple violations of NFL policy. After missing his entire rookie year, Leshoure needs to start worrying about his roster spot.

Do you think Leshoure is the one that sold to him?? :blink:

Lions DT Nick Fairley was arrested Tuesday on a misdemeanor second degree marijuana possession charge.

Fairley was arrested just after noon following a citizen complaint. The franchise has now seen its first- and second-round picks from last season arrested for marijuana possession in consecutive days. As this was Fairley's first known offense, he is unlikely to land in as much hot water as Mikel Leshoure.

And Detroit is as close to bankrupt as a city can get...

Good goin guys!

First winning season and playoff berth in a decade plus..... the guys just needed to cut loose and celebrate a little bit. B)

First winning season and playoff berth in a decade plus..... the guys just needed to cut loose and celebrate a little bit. B)

Should have just gone to Disney World.

looks like the war on drugs is paying off ...

marijuana is evil ya know ... DEVIL PLANT

God fckin damnit

This new Lions club is lacking some class. Driving up and down the street real fast Fairley, with weed in your car? What are you dumb?

LeShoure you just are dumb, there's no going back. Now instead of addressing our secondary/LB/O-Line.. we're going to have to make an early pick on RB since there's no more FAs worth signing! is there? nah nah nah, we got no money now anyways..

I'm glad it's baseball season now, looking forward to Tigers games and men's slow-pitch.. I think this year I'm gonna drink a decent amount every game.

There's some cheap grinders left like Benson to fill a role, but nothing special to my knowledge.

Maybe they can poach Ricky Williams out of retirement from the Ravens? :P

There's some cheap grinders left like Benson to fill a role, but nothing special to my knowledge.

Maybe they can poach Ricky Williams out of retirement from the Ravens? :P

Now I want them to trade up in the draft.. Trent Richardson.. I am just dreaming though, but it will be interesting to see what the Lions do now. I imagine draft projections are going to change a lot with this news to our RB. We were really counting on LeShoure, this I do know...

does anyone like Titus Young as a sleeper this year, I think he has the ability to become the WR2 and def posses big play threat opposite CJ.

I'd have to see that happening in preseason. Always liked his talent last season, but he needs a more prominent role to be more than a stand-in WR3 for most fantasy teams. Calvin and the TE's also suck up all the red zone looks, which further hampers his fantasy value.

What other team is comprised of this many dummies? I love it.

Lions DT Nick Fairley was arrested Sunday morning in Mobile, Alabama on suspicion of driving under the influence.

Fairley was pulled over just before 1:00 a.m. after attempting to elude police. He posted $1750 bail and was later released. The arrest marks Fairley's second in the last two months, and he will now be subject to the league's personal-conduct policy. Fairley was placed on the NFL's substance abuse program earlier this month and could be facing a possible league-mandated suspension.

I don't think they make playoffs this season as much as I hate to say it. Stafford and Megatron are amazing but the rest of their team has holes. There should certainly be some regression from last year's record because they won quite a few games where they had to come back by a ton of points, that's not expected. Also Chicago could be great if Forte signs and the additions of Marshall and an OC who doesn't leave his QB out to get killed.

They can make the next step and become dominant, but I still think their D is middle of the pack and I want to see how the offense plays if Megatron isn't going off for 150+ yards a game. Regardless, I think there is an argument to be made of Megatron being the top pick of a fantasy draft this year.

I don't think they make playoffs this season as much as I hate to say it. Stafford and Megatron are amazing but the rest of their team has holes. There should certainly be some regression from last year's record because they won quite a few games where they had to come back by a ton of points, that's not expected. Also Chicago could be great if Forte signs and the additions of Marshall and an OC who doesn't leave his QB out to get killed.

They can make the next step and become dominant, but I still think their D is middle of the pack and I want to see how the offense plays if Megatron isn't going off for 150+ yards a game. Regardless, I think there is an argument to be made of Megatron being the top pick of a fantasy draft this year.

Predicting that the Lions wont make the playoffs is just ridiculous. The NFC North is weak. The Lions only playoff competition comes from the Packers so their playoff spot as a wildcard, at the least, is secure. Megatron went for 150+ 3 times last year and they had a 10-6 record. The main reason for his yard totals are jumpballs that Stafford throws because he knows he is going to beat his man 9/10. If anything can keep them from being playoff bound that would be injuries. This year the Lions have 6 tough games that we'll have to wait and see about. Dont forget about the Lions having one of the the best D-Lines in the NFL. With Best coming back, they should improve their record.

The Bears are overhyped right now just like the Eagles were last offseason. They traded for Marshall and not Superman last time I checked. Besides him, who do they have at receiver...Nobody worth mentioning while their defense just gets older and older. They had their run years and years ago when Peyton finished them off in 2007.

"predicting that the lions won't make the playoffs is ridiculous"

they've been 1 of the biggest jokes in sports for the last 20 years, the packers are still in the division, and the bears were on fire til cutler went down. don't kid yourself, marshall is superman compared to the WRs they've had before him.