Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JetCityPersian

Chris Paul updates..

How are you feeling about him playing the next couple games given this news about his foot hurting? I read in the NOT Picayune today that he and Chandler are being listed as doubtful for the PHX game. However, it's a must win for them and Paul himself said that he would treat the foot today and hoped to play. Is this gamesmanship by the Hornets? They are only 2.5 games back from the Clippers right now, and have some easy games still on the schedule.

If he's out tomorrow, I can sustain that. If he misses the saturday game, I could be dead meat. I would need to act soon to get a replacement for him. What are your feelings right now, other CPaul owners?

http://www.newsok.com/article/3036605/

my feeling about this situation is that if he can walk hes gonna play. paul has played through lots of injuries in his short career and if he can play hes gonna.

if the hornets fall out of the race they will shut him down tho. i just hope i will have enough time to make a lineup change if he in fact doesnt play tomorrow.

I think there is too good a chance that you will get at least one or two more games out of CP (and Chandler). I'll take the hit tomorrow (my lineup is over full anyway) and hope that NOK squeeks out the win.

the thought process in NO could very well be that they don't think they are going to beat phoenix anyway (especially without chandler) so eat that game. Have paul and chandler play against Minnesota the next night and then they get some rest before they play the clippers which will obviously be a must win for them.

If they lose to the clippers next week, paul shuts it down.

Of course, if he is injured, he is injured and there is nothing you can do, but indications are still that he will still be able to play if necessary.

I think there is too good a chance that you will get at least one or two more games out of CP (and Chandler). I'll take the hit tomorrow (my lineup is over full anyway) and hope that NOK squeeks out the win.

the thought process in NO could very well be that they don't think they are going to beat phoenix anyway (especially without chandler) so eat that game. Have paul and chandler play against Minnesota the next night and then they get some rest before they play the clippers which will obviously be a must win for them.

If they lose to the clippers next week, paul shuts it down.

Of course, if he is injured, he is injured and there is nothing you can do, but indications are still that he will still be able to play if necessary.

I was thinking that too.. they might think they can only get one good game out of those two in a 2-day span, so why not just rest them for the game they're going to lose regardless of who plays? (PHX).

However, I really can't risk being caught without a player on saturday, and I'm screwed if CPaul sits then. I think I might need to get myself another option for that day that I can sub in.. of course, that will cost me another move, but this is sort of a end-of-game scenario I'm facing. Better to waste a move than to leave myself with a loss b/c I didn't make a backup plan...

Better to lose in the finals than the semifinals;-)

I've never lost in the finals... something about the extra-chaotic nature of that last week and a half gives me an advantage. I think it's that wire is much better since it's only really two owners that are trying their best to utilize it. I'm able to get the best streamers and win. So I'm going to probably part ways with some of these guys to make sure I get there, and then see what I can do with the wire in the final week and a half...

I'm in a keeper league and I don't plan on giving Paul to another owner. For better or for worse I'm stuck with him B).

I'm in a keeper league and I don't plan on giving Paul to another owner. For better or for worse I'm stuck with him B) .

Is anybody else going to be making a game time decision on him along with me tonight? I have Antonio Daniels in there right now, and I'll swap in Chris if he's starting. If you're in the same boat, let's collaborate and update here if we know he's in or out for sure.

-Jet

Is anybody else going to be making a game time decision on him along with me tonight? I have Antonio Daniels in there right now, and I'll swap in Chris if he's starting. If you're in the same boat, let's collaborate and update here if we know he's in or out for sure.

-Jet

Ahh..I thought you were wondering whether to drop him or not. As for tonight I've decided to bench him.

It's not always correct, but I'm seeing that neither Paul nor Chandler are starting.. I don't know if that means they're not playng, but I'm going to bench Chris Paul for Antonio Daniels unless I see something else in the next 10 minutes or so...

-Jet out

I've seen no change and I'm benching Chris Paul... good luck fellow CP3 owners, hopefully he can play tomorrow. If you still have time, I would get yourself a fallback option for saturday.

-Jet out.

You can bench a guy after the game starts? What league are you in?

What? No... I posted all of that before the game began. I was checking the starting lineups that were posted, and trying to help people here. I can change my lineup up until about 5 minutes or so before game starts (sometimes right up until). It's just a Yahoo league.

Here we go again with the Chris Paul watch.. I'll let anybody know if I think he's going to play tonight. Hopefully I'll know something by around 4:35pm PST.

Okay.. it appears to me that Chris Paul and Tyson Chandler are both out again... I will post if what I see changes at all...

I can't be 100% sure, but I think Chris Paul just started against the Timberwolves. I subbed him in about 10 minutes before gametime, so hopefully it works out for me. Good luck tonight all,

Jet out

Man... thank god the Hornets won that game. CPaul owners should be go to go for Friday's game, and listen for whispers about Chandler if he's been cut in your league - he could go for that one.