Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Code of Hammurabi

A Message To All Trolls...yes That Means You

No chance this gets passed. No statutory language in the world can describe what internet trolling is and even if they try it will be so broad that anyone could arrested, which again means it won't get passed. Also, if this was passed it would only apply to Arizona... so if someone anywhere other than Arizona posted something, Arizona would not have personal jurisdiction over that person to try them in court - so if you live in Arizona just set up a proxy IP and you're fine.

I am an attorney and agree with all points you made. I just thought it was generally hilarious

No chance this gets passed. No statutory language in the world can describe what internet trolling is and even if they try it will be so broad that anyone could arrested, which again means it won't get passed. Also, if this was passed it would only apply to Arizona... so if someone anywhere other than Arizona posted something, Arizona would not have personal jurisdiction over that person to try them in court - so if you live in Arizona just set up a proxy IP and you're fine.

Haha, this would wipe out the forums. Especially basketball. Some pure trollin' felons in there.

What legislator writes this garbage and wastes taxpayer dollars? Did somebody call him names on AskYahoo or something and now he's going to get even? Give me a break. I can't even believe that it's being discussed. An attorney would destroy this in court. He'd get one star on his profile and a thumbs down, but destroy it none the less.