Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Halo Fan

Brian Goodwin OF WAS

6 posts in this topic

Tell me about him. I have heard he has a pretty high ceiling, but comes with a fair amount of risk.

I traded for him about a week ago, and he is off to a super hot start: 5 for 14, .357 avg., .526 OBP, 2 HR, 8 RBI, 2 SB, 5 Runs, 5 BB and only 3 K. Then this...

RW blurb:

Nationals' prospect outfielder Brian Goodwin left Monday's game with Class A Hagerstown with an apparent leg injury.

Goodwin, a supplemental first-round pick last year, pulled up lame while legging out an infield single. Stay tuned for an update on his status. Source: Byron Kerr on Twitter Apr. 9 - 9:53 pm et

I hope it's nothing serious.

Very athletic CF prospect, with plus speed. Had some problems in college at UNC (an "academic infraction" which sounds like cheating to me), and left college to play a year in JuCo. Nats paid well over slot bonus to get him with the 34th overall pick, which is a sign of what they think of him. He could have left to go to South Carolina Univ, but took the $3 MM bonus instead.

From what I've heard, he's pretty raw with the bat, and the fact that he is in low-A suggests so as well. Upside potential might be Andrew McCutcheon with a little less power -- maybe more like a Steve Finley type.

I wouldn't count on him before late 2013 or 2014 at the earliest.

Very athletic CF prospect, with plus speed. Had some problems in college at UNC (an "academic infraction" which sounds like cheating to me), and left college to play a year in JuCo. Nats paid well over slot bonus to get him with the 34th overall pick, which is a sign of what they think of him. He could have left to go to South Carolina Univ, but took the $3 MM bonus instead.

From what I've heard, he's pretty raw with the bat, and the fact that he is in low-A suggests so as well. Upside potential might be Andrew McCutcheon with a little less power -- maybe more like a Steve Finley type.

I wouldn't count on him before late 2013 or 2014 at the earliest.

Thanks for the info.

Anybody heard anything more about his injury? He hasn't been playing, as far as I can tell.

Recently promoted to AA. In his first 29 ABs, he has only 4 hits, but 2 of those hits were bombs and 1 was a double.

11 HR and 15 STL on the season, and he missed over a month with a quad injury.

Hope to see him patrolling CF next to Harper in a couple of years.