Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG SKI

George Springer - OF HOU

Ok so who wants to post say.... a weekly update YTD slashline for Mr Springer?

So Robbie Grossman is slashing a hot .069/.206/.138. Stop torturing everyone and just call Springer up ffs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/-astros-game-gets-a-0-0-tv-rating-again--and-this-time-might-be-more-troubling-181352943.html

The season just started, and Astros fans are already refusing to tune in. Generate some excitement with Springer? Nah.

Let them eat cake.

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, April 10, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by RotoRaysfan, April 10, 2014 - No reason given

Would you guys claim him with your #1 waiver in a Keeper, knowing you have Harper, Stanton, Pagan/Sizemore/Jackie Bradley Jr./ Corey Hart in an already crowded Outfield? I already have Baez and Syndergaard wasting away, I can't really afford another prospect unless he's up soon. Thoughts?

The TV situation for the Astros is an utter disaster, so is the product currently on the field.

what happened to that proposed lawsuit from Springer's camp? is that still going down and will that push back his promotion?

pretty sure the lawsuit was just speculation....I still expect him earlier then june....

HR and a SB tonight, that's what you like to see

overall, he went 2-3, 2 runs, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 2 BB, 1 SB, 0 K

Picking up right where he left off last year. I remain hopeful that he forces the hand of the Astros and they suddenly realize that they can bring a lot more fans in the stadium in exchange for 1 year of salary in 2019 or whatever.

The TV situation for the Astros is an utter disaster, so is the product currently on the field.

What do you mean?

reruns of The Cosby Show get higher ratings than Astros games lol

i'm sorry that's just sad

What do you mean?

Comcast is the only carrier that shows Sportsnet Houston,which airs the Astros games (and I believe Rockets games) and Comcast is only available in about 40% of the Houston area market. Anyone with Directv, AT&T uverse, time warner etc can't watch Astros games. So even if a person purchased the MLB package they would be blacked out, so 60% of Houston can't even watch Astros games...pretty bad.

What do you mean?

Comcast is the only carrier that shows Sportsnet Houston,which airs the Astros games (and I believe Rockets games) and Comcast is only available in about 40% of the Houston area market. Anyone with Directv, AT&T uverse, time warner etc can't watch Astros games. So even if a person purchased the MLB package they would be blacked out, so 60% of Houston can't even watch Astros games...pretty bad.

while you are on this topic, ive heard (from the tom leykis show, if anyone is aware of him) that dodgers fans cant even watch their games as of now???? any blue fans can confirm this? heard its due to time warner. that must suck not being able to watch your own team. WTF are they thinking?

What do you mean?

while you are on this topic, ive heard (from the tom leykis show, if anyone is aware of him) that dodgers fans cant even watch their games as of now???? any blue fans can confirm this? heard its due to time warner. that must suck not being able to watch your own team. WTF are they thinking?

Yup, it's true. Time Warner just bought the TV rights to the Dodgers. A brand new TV station came out this year (sportsnet LA). Time Warner is still negotiating with all other cable providers.....

2 for 3 with his second home run of the year tonight then pulled and it's only the 7th inning????

2 for 3 with his second home run of the year tonight then pulled and it's only the 7th inning????

What... can it be?

Or is he injured...

this is absolutely what is wrong with baseball

i honestly kind of feel bad for the stros fans.

it's a hot mess down there in houston with their terrible team, terrible tv contract and the fact they got moved to the AL west at the worst possible time

Is there a chance GS gets promoted? Houston has the year of control (after April 12th I think I read) and now it is just about money.

If Houston brought him up now they could at least save some face and not risk angering the player's union so much. Houston has been operating in bad faith with regards to GS because a club isn't really supposed to keep a player down only for Super 2 reasons if the player is ready or at least as ready as they will ever be.

Man...this would be very exciting if he is called up now. So any more inside info, could it happen?

I hope to check the main forum tonight and see a "George Springer 2014 Outlook" thread

Any updates on possible call up? I feel like we would have heard by now.