Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG SKI

George Springer - OF HOU

Rotoworld blurb today on him is still saying June. If this is true sucks to be an Astros fan.

The Astros aren't going anywhere this year. Any wise Astros fan would understand the financial/super2 aspect, and should appreciate the fact it's a wise decision to wait until June.

Rotoworld blurb today on him is still saying June. If this is true sucks to be an Astros fan.

The Astros aren't going anywhere this year. Any wise Astros fan would understand the financial/super2 aspect, and should appreciate the fact it's a wise decision to wait until June.

Why? The Astros have a s---y product on the field and they wouldn't be saving that much and his FA year would be the same. People that pay for tickets to the game should expect more instead of it all going into the owner's pockets. If I were an Astros fan I would prefer the money going to an athlete instead of some rich owner that doesn't add any value to the game and probably inherited his wealth.

Why? The Astros have a s---y product on the field and they wouldn't be saving that much and his FA year would be the same. People that pay for tickets to the game should expect more instead of it all going into the owner's pockets. If I were an Astros fan I would prefer the money going to an athlete instead of some rich owner that doesn't add any value to the game and probably inherited his wealth.

I respect the trying to keep him under contract longer with this super 2 stuff.

But if I'm a season ticket holder I'm ready for this team to do something now. This team is truly awful and despite that I thought I remember reading they were one of the most profitable last season.

They need to forgo a little cash to get this team watchable...and most importantly help out my fantasy baseball team.

Just cracked another homer. 2-for-2, 4 rbi, 2 runs. Oh, and in the 2nd inning.

(Already outperforming E5's entire season)

I think he could still go 15/15 this season even if he gets called up in June.

That HR was a grand slam

Now batting .347(currently) with 3 HR, 4 SB

but hey, he clearly needs more seasoning in AAA. He ONLY hit 18 HR with 22 SB with a .311 BA in limited time there last year. That's just simply not good enough to surpass Robbie Grossman on the MLB club, I'm afraid

That HR was a grand slam

Now batting .347(currently) with 3 HR, 4 SB

but hey, he clearly needs more seasoning in AAA. He ONLY hit 18 HR with 22 SB with a .311 BA in limited time there last year. That's just simply not good enough to surpass Robbie Grossman on the MLB club, I'm afraid

Don't forget Alex Presley with his .135/.158/.297 slash. What a complete outrage.

He's coming up.

Per rotoworld:

"Evan Drellich of the Houston Chronicle reports that the Astros will promote top prospect George Springer prior to Wednesday's game."

I hope to check the main forum tonight and see a "George Springer 2014 Outlook" thread

And my hope came true.