Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winky

Joe Flacco 2012 Season Outlook

149 posts in this topic

Someone needs to drug test this man... and quick!

Best QB in the NFL?

LO F'in L

I see a real disconnect between where he values himself and where the Ravens likely do. Hes been a solid QB at times, never spectacular but he views himself and wants to be paid as a top 5 QB, something he is not. Hes the classic type of guy that a team would like to buy for what the team thinks hes worth and sell for what he thinks hes worth.

I see a real disconnect between where he values himself and where the Ravens likely do. Hes been a solid QB at times, never spectacular but he views himself and wants to be paid as a top 5 QB, something he is not. Hes the classic type of guy that a team would like to buy for what the team thinks hes worth and sell for what he thinks hes worth.

I see a real disconnect between where he values himself and reality. The guy is definitely not nearly as good as he thinks he is, if he thinks he has been elite. He's shown flashes, but with solid targets and a good running game he really should be more consistent. Better game manager than Mark Sanchez is a good distance away from elite.

1 person likes this

Flacco just threw nearly 40 passes in a half of football for Almost 300 yards & 2 TD's. Contract year & the Ravens are basically giving him the same control the falcons are with Ryan. A lot of no huddle.

He doesn't have near the weapons as Ryan, but Flacco is completely under the radar. I might target him as my QB2.

I've always thought Flacco was under-rated, however, I see this as just pre-season experimentation....on the Jags.

2 people like this

Flacco just threw nearly 40 passes in a half of football for Almost 300 yards & 2 TD's. Contract year & the Ravens are basically giving him the same control the falcons are with Ryan. A lot of no huddle.

He doesn't have near the weapons as Ryan, but Flacco is completely under the radar. I might target him as my QB2.

The backup RB took a 48-yard TD to the house. Take that away and it's more like 200 yards in a half. While great, I expect that kind of volume mainly only during games against heavy-hitting offenses. They pulled Ray Rice EXTREMELY early in this PRESEASON game. A normal Ravens gameplan will feature a heavy dose of Ray Rice on the ground, cutting down Flacco's total pass attempts considerably.

This game is an illusion, don't treat it like a measurement of the Raven's actual offense for this year.

The backup RB took a 48-yard TD to the house. Take that away and it's more like 200 yards in a half. While great, I expect that kind of volume mainly only during games against heavy-hitting offenses. They pulled Ray Rice EXTREMELY early in this PRESEASON game. A normal Ravens gameplan will feature a heavy dose of Ray Rice on the ground, cutting down Flacco's total pass attempts considerably.

This game is an illusion, don't treat it like a measurement of the Raven's actual offense for this year.

Agreed.. the offense still runs through rice.. i do like an uptick in his passing attempts but he still threw 540 times last year and only threw for 3600 yards.. no way that number increases more than 580 attempts. He MIGHT reach 4k yards but im thinking somewhere between 3,750 - 3,900

Ravens have been doing this all preseason, it just wasn't very successful until tonight.

They've been without Pitta, Dickson, & T. Smirh. Tonight they got back T, SmIth & he looked like an unstoppable monster.

I'm sure a lot of it was the horrible Jags, but Flacco & Smith deserve some credit in there also. Both moved up my board after tonight.

Not too long ago Flacco and M. Ryan were neck and neck in fantasy drafts and now look at the seperation. Ryan is deserving of the hype with the weapons he has but I think we have been overlooking Flacco a litte too much. I see Flacco's season tied real close to the development of his new #1 receiver T. Smith who looked real good tonight.

Pretty much this, Bernard Pierce was finally able to play and they obviously wanted to see how he could do. I'd expect more from Flacco this year but still nothing like tonight.

They still have that terrible OC though, right?

Cam Cameron still is the OC, yes. But as a Ray Rice owner last year, I remember getting so pissed every game when they kept calling passing plays when they should've been running. So as a Flacco owner this year, I don't see that as a bad thing.

But the important message I want to get across is that Jim Caldwell is the Quarterbacks Coach now. The same Jim Caldwell who coached the Colts, and was the QB Coach under Gundy who ran the no huddle system with Peyton so perfectly (true 99.999% of that has to do with Peyton Manning). But he's being credited with this new no-huddle system that the Ravens are using, so I see it continuing in the regular season.

Flacco is looking stellar after a quarter of play. He's running the no-huddle flawlessly and carving up CIN. 11/160/1 so far. He's even giving Jacoby Jones value!

Bengals have banged up secondary? Taylor Mays is horrible. Temper expectations a little. Flacco does look impressive though.

Man... I have Torrey Smith and he's yet to get much throws... all going to Boldin and this Pitta guy... Now I don't know who to trust...

Arrow pointing up, I've been one of Flacco's biggest detractors but I have to say that he looks like a QB1 out there in that new-look Ravens no-huddle offense.

That was definitely something different. Interesting to see how this progresses.

I just rostered Pitta in all of my leagues.

Pump the brakes on Flacco, he played an awful team in Cincy. Lets see him perform for multiple weeks before you all anoint him a stud. Jeesh.

Pump the brakes on Flacco, he played an awful team in Cincy. Lets see him perform for multiple weeks before you all anoint him a stud. Jeesh.

Awful team? Last year, CIN gave up the 9th lowest PPG, 7th lowest total yards and 9th lowest passing yards in the NFL last season. Im not 100% sold on Flacco either, but lets not discount the Bengals. Defense is/was a strength of this team along with ball control offense.

Or you could look at the fact he's surrounded by solid weapons and is clearly now the central focus of a modernized, aggressive offensive scheme. Deep threat in Torrey Smith? Check. Solid possession receiver in Boldin? Check. Great receiving RB in Rice? Check. Complementary options in Pitta, Dickson, and Jones? Check. None of these guys are elite on their own, but together they give Flacco a great set of options with diverse skill sets.

I don't think people are expecting Flacco to join the elite QB1 tier, but he looks every bit the part of a potential QB1 this year. He's poised to provide a huge return on investment given how he was a drafted as an endgame QB2 in most drafts.

However, I, like you, am curious to see how he fares on the road in week 2 against a tough Philly defense/secondary.