Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

v0dka

Victory is Mine! 2012 Celebration Thread

281 posts in this topic

The opposite of the rant thread to kind of balance things out.

still got a 9 point lead in my H2H points with Weeks, Longoria and Pena keeping my team afloat despite Sabathia, Gonzalez, Luebke, Buehrle and Volquez doing their absolute best to start my season off with a "L".

Morales.

I think I have him in all but one of my leagues and he's pretty much been the lone bright spot on all of them thus far.

In one league, I started Miggy, R Weeks, and Duda, and in another I had Miggy and Hill going.

My starting rotation this week:

Kershaw

Strasburg

Dempster

Nicasio

Lynn

Zimmermann

My ERA is hovering around 1.00 and my WHIP is sub .700.

With every rant there has to be someone who is grinning because they made a great move or a pitcher got that K needed at the end of a week etc...

I'll start: Tied in RBIs he had Alexi Ramirez and I had Adrian Beltre. Beltre hit 2 run bomb and am going to win RBIs for the week

Lets hear em'

With every rant there has to be someone who is grinning because they made a great move or a pitcher got that K needed at the end of a week etc...

I'll start: Tied in RBIs he had Alexi Ramirez and I had Adrian Beltre. Beltre hit 2 run bomb and am going to win RBIs for the week

Lets hear em'

Totally missed this thread...Sorry!!!

I won out 12-4-2. The categories are listed below. My stat lines for the days played were ridiculous. Not to mention a .59ERA, .61whip, 8.89K9, 7 saves, only 1HR given up. My offense is just as ridiculous too, 11hrs! Damn!! IF my team keeps up at this pace and stay healthy I'd win out.

I have Lincecum, Kennedy, Hudson, and Latos in one league. In the other, I have Haren, Cain, and Shields. All studs. Oh wait...

Maybe the best trade I've ever had.

I gave up Wandy Rodriguez (My top four SP are Haren, Lester, Cain, and Shields) for Corey Hart (with Cargo and Victorino already in my OF)

This guy is really desperate for SP. Obviously.

I traded away the diaper wearing Max Scherzer and Wandy Rodriguez for Adam Jones and Matt Joyce. Not a robbery by any sense, I'm just really happy I got those two pieces o' crap off my team

I'm sure this will lead to my team putting up an epic slump, but I'm in 1st in 7/12 categories right now. I have 98 points to second place's 78.5 despite my pitching performing terribly so far.

Since we have a vent and rant thread I felt that it would be nice to have a thread where we can post some nice comments about our overall fantasy baseball situations. I'll start.

Ian Kinsler has been an absolute joy to have on my team so far. Pretty much anyone on that Texas team would be a great addition to any fantasy lineup.

Since we have a vent and rant thread I felt that it would be nice to have a thread where we can post some nice comments about our overall fantasy baseball situations. I'll start.

Ian Kinsler has been an absolute joy to have on my team so far. Pretty much anyone on that Texas team would be a great addition to any fantasy lineup.

Minus Andrus.

Anyways there is already one here:

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/topic/281097-praise-victory-is-mine-thread-2012/page__hl__victory__fromsearch__1

Picked up Humber for the (perfect game) stream.

I don't anticipate anything better this year.

I also streamed Humber today...dropped him though for a streamer tomorrow hahahaha.

YEEEAAAAHHHHH!!! Humber!!! Perfect game! Crazy drama too,if Ryan runs right away after K'ng, he probably gets on, perfecto gone. Mad props to him. Great day for White Sox fans... (even if it is against an anemic SEA offense)

Pretty sure there's already a self-fellating thread out there.

MODS: Moved to Celebration Thread

2 people like this

To counter my post in the vent thread from a few days ago, my first five picks (Upton, CarGo, Beltre, Hosmer, and Phillips) seem to be turning things around. Which is a massive sigh of relief.

Also, even though it's a fairly competitive league, I was able to scoop up Brandon Morrow and Daniel Hudson off the WW this past week, only having to drop Alex Rios. If that were a trade, it would have been vetoed.

All my team does is hit. Hit hit hit. .325 this week with 24 runs, 8 HR and 25 RBI. Each of those is twice as many as my opponents. Plus I am enjoying a nice 1.83 ERA with a 1.10 WHIP over 30+IP. Not too shabby.