Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madskillz

Jake Locker 2012 Season Outlook

207 posts in this topic

If he ends up the man in Tennessee what do you except from this young QB? He put up some real good numbers last year when he had his chance to play...

I hope he can build a strong connection with britt because that kid is bound so stay healthy and finish in the top 10 WR's

Locker should get every opportunity to win the job, as he is the future there.

I'd like to see the Titans add another WR, as Britt has an established injury history (although he also has a ton of talent) and none of the other receivers there do anything for me.

Locker should be your QB2 in deeper leagues or if you somehow get screwed in shallow leagues. Lockers, like Britt, has huge potiential. I think Locker may have limits in his game though, which is why Hasstlebeck kept him sidelined. We shall see what 2012 brings for sure.

I think the reason why Hasselbeck kept him sidelined was simply because he was a rookie and they didn't want to play him unless they absolutely had no choice but to. He has a good arm and is very athletic (ran a sub 4.8 40). If he is able to wrestle the starting job from Hasselbeck this year, he could be a very valuable QB2 given his skillset and the monstrous weapons around him.

He has a solid running game with Chris Johnson (assuming he gets back to his old form which i think he will and is definitely worth a late 1st, early 2nd round pick). He's got a healthy Britt and Jared Cook, who was grossly underutilized last season. Keep this guy on your radar, worth a 9th round pick and the investment may net you significant returns. Low risk high reward IF he gets the starting job.

I think he's a backup with big upside, he can run and has weapons on offense and gets two games against the Colts swiss cheese defense. They have three WR's who are solid if Britt is around, a breakout TE, and say what you will about CJ but he can be considered an above average back, or at least a weapon other teams gameplan to stop, which is good for Locker.

They need to let him start if he looks well in camp, the team has no potential with Hasselbeck at the helm, and he may not even make it to training camp without being cut/traded anyways.

He's the future but something is up here. They don't seem overwhelmed on him.

Why try that hard for Peyton Manning THAT hard when Locker is on the roster? Doesn't make sense. I bet they're split on the inside about this guy.

He's the future but something is up here. They don't seem overwhelmed on him.

Why try that hard for Peyton Manning THAT hard when Locker is on the roster? Doesn't make sense. I bet they're split on the inside about this guy.

Locker is still unproven... every team wants to win now and Peyton obviously gives them a chance to win immediately. Peyton Manning vs. a 2nd year pro? Not even close and plus, having Peyton on the field would help ticket sales. And why not have Locker sit behind Peyton and learn similar to a Rodgers sitting behind Favre. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain with that move. Its a move that would improve them now AND improve them in the future. That's my take on it.

Its not an issue of the Titan's front office's lack of faith in Locker. Its just a smart business and football move.

I believe they believe in Locker.. I think they were trying that hard for Manning because they don't believe in Hasselbeck. It would have done wonders for Locker to learn behind Peyton.

I think Jake will be fine... in fact after watching his games from last season. I think he's going to be a solid fantasy QB with some running upside. I've got him sitting behind Stafford on my dynasty roster

good chance he starts this year? if he gets the job he's at the top of my sleeper QB list

Really hope this guy wins the starting job. Drafted him and Wasington (Britt is a ticking time bomb with his injury) in every league possible. The only serious challenge on the Titans schedule is NYJ. They play Detroit in week 2, he'll get sacked a few times, but those corners can be scored on just like any other team.

They need to take the training wheels off of this guy and put him out there. Hasselbeck isn't getting any younger, let Locker develop chemistry with his team since he's the future.

Huge upside here. Assuming the training camp battle is fair, he will beat out Hasselbeck. He's got great weapons and isn't afraid to run the ball. I wouldn't draft him as anything other than a QB2 in deep leagues, but he will be somebody to look out for early in the season on the waiver wire.

I wouldn't draft him as anything more than a QB3 simply because Hasselbeck is likely to start the season at QB. Frankly, the guy was garbage his senior year at Washington and the Titans WAY overpaid for him where he was selected in the draft. That said, he's better than Hasselbeck and has far more upside between the two.

I think his upside is a top 10 QB. That offense is as explosive as any in the league (Britt, CJ2K, Washington, Cook, Kendall Wright, hell even Damian Williams has a little bit of explosion) and he can make plays with his feet, which I think people sometimes overlook. With a full offseason with the offense and a ton of weapons I don't think there is any way he is not a QB2 with QB1 upside if he wins the job.

Here's your litmus test:

Would you rather draft RGIII or Jake Locker as your backup QB, and why?

If Locker is the starting QB come Week 1, Locker. In any other scenario, even Locker starting come Week 5-6, I'd take Griffin. I never agree with throwing someone in to start in the middle of the season - don't like the chemistry issues and the amount of times it takes to get going. Give me the anointed starter from Week 1 on.

Looks like Locker is winning the QB battle early on. This reminds me of wen Vick was behind Kolb and you pretty much knew Kolb wouldn't be able to hold Vick off. I was lucky enough to have added Vick that year and it paid off big time. I drafted Locker as my backup QB because I don't wanna miss out. Even if he never beats out MY QB1 (Romo) I am going to have some serious trade bait.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/19691378/qb-tracker-numerous-drops-hurt-both-hasselbeck-and-locker

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi stated on Inside Training Camp Live Tuesday that he's "learned" Jake Locker is the favorite to open the season as the Titans' starting quarterback.

YESSSSSSSSSSS! I always thought he would make the Titans a better team as early as last year. About time the Titan's brass smartened up.

Locker is going to completely outperform his ADP. He is going to be an excellent value all year long. This dude is a player.

Here's your litmus test:

Would you rather draft RGIII or Jake Locker as your backup QB, and why?

I think a better comparison is Locker or Andrew Luck. Their ADP is so low they are sometimes undrafted

I might draft this guy as a late round backup...could he be this years out of nowhere running QB? 2010 was Vick and last year it was Cam and to a lesser extent Tim Tebow. I'm warming up to him with each passing week.

I watched over a dozen of his College games in '09 and '10 and was completely underwhelmed.

In fact he looked like Garbage. He crumbled under pressure and struggled consistently. His winning record or should I say Losing record in college is horrible.

As a Bills fan I was hoping the Bills would stay well clear of this bust candidate.

I watched his performance in relief of Hasselsuck last year and I have to say, he looked really good.

It just was one game but he looked much better than I thought he would given his poor college performances.

This kid might just be a legit QB that was on a horrible College team.

We'll see but he definitely on my sleeper radar now.

Some people are going to have a over perform rating on him. I'm still going to upgrade him from under perform to neutral but will be watching closely.

Take a late round flyer on him if he drops far enough in the draft, that way you only have upside.

I watched over a dozen of his College games in '09 and '10 and was completely underwhelmed.

In fact he looked like Garbage. He crumbled under pressure and struggled consistently. His winning record or should I say Losing record in college is horrible.

As a Bills fan I was hoping the Bills would stay well clear of this bust candidate.

I watched his performance in relief of Hasselsuck last year and I have to say, he looked really good.

It just was one game but he looked much better than I thought he would given his poor college performances.

This kid might just be a legit QB that was on a horrible College team.

We'll see but he definitely on my sleeper radar now.

Some people are going to have a over perform rating on him. I'm still going to upgrade him from under perform to neutral but will be watching closely.

Take a late round flyer on him if he drops far enough in the draft, that way you only have upside.

I'm a Stanford fan an watch a lot of Pac-10 football. He was on one of the worse teams I've ever saw in D-1. I was hoping he would last to the 2nd round and wanted the Niners to draft him. Props to Titans FO for being able to see through this. The kid is a future star IMO he has all the intangibles.

Are you serious? Yeah hes college stats are horrible cus he HAD HORRIBLE PLAYERS AROUND HIM!

The 2 games he took over last year for the injured Matt Hasselquack, he has shined and hes accuracy is not as bad as people make it out to be. Matter fact Jake the Snake should be the starter for our Titans team! The job is given by the coach, not earned in the NFL. MM needs to start Jake already! I have a prediction Jake is going to be the next Steve Young, mark my words!