Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mexi1024

Sergio Santos 2012 Season Outlook

67 posts in this topic

Destroyed. Boo'd off the field. Anybody thinking Francisco Cordero here?

Not a very good start to the season and the Jays didnt invest too much to get him. I wouldnt be surprised if this has Farrell thinking twice about using him next time the opportunity arises.

1 person likes this

Not a very good start to the season and the Jays didnt invest too much to get him. I wouldnt be surprised if this has Farrell thinking twice about using him next time the opportunity arises.

nestor molina is a pretty good pitching prospect. check out his numbers from last year- http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=500882

Sucks for me...

First I don't get the save the other day because of a weird mis-managing, and now the ole' BSV+Loss

Nice

I just lost 17 points.

I'm gonna just bench my closer for now and go without one. It's much more productive that way, lol.

Tombstone reads...............

"ANOTHER MEDIOCRE VICTIMIZED BY THE AL EAST...RIP"

He isn't mediocre, seen his slider? He's sick. If Toronto sticks with him they'll be fine. He'll have a good year.

That said, anyone know how close Farrell is to letting Cordero close one out? He's avail and I need to move quickly.

2 people like this

I'm a very scared owner here. I was excited when I got him on draft day and he looked like a good fit in Toronto, but he's young and cheap, and with other options, I see him having a VERY short leash. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Cordero get some saves while Santos gets his act together. His stuff is electric but he hasn't been closing very long and could have some growing pains.

It's early, & he went up against the heart of the order of a very solid lineup (which he'll get to face a lot, yikes). He'll have some growing pains, they know that. They'll probably want to see how he recovers from this, so he'll get the net save opp. That's the important one.

I'd like to personally thank this guy and Aceves for doing their best for losing me the WHIP, ERA, SAVES and HR allowed pitching categories. Really appreciate it guys.

Last night he didn't seem to have any idea where the ball was going. Arencibia set up on the outside corner on at least two occasions and he threw it 95 MPH inside and low instead. One was ruled a passed ball when it should have been a WP. He throws hard and his slider is filthy but he needs to rein it in a little bit.

I think the Blue Jays will stick with him, though he probably won't be used tonight since he threw 33 or 34 pitches in last night's blown save.

Last night he didn't seem to have any idea where the ball was going. Arencibia set up on the outside corner on at least two occasions and he threw it 95 MPH inside and low instead. One was ruled a passed ball when it should have been a WP. He throws hard and his slider is filthy but he needs to rein it in a little bit.

I think the Blue Jays will stick with him, though he probably won't be used tonight since he threw 33 or 34 pitches in last night's blown save.

Might be a guy thats better served with taking a little off his pitches, at least in the short term. Some guys really try to be that fire breather out of the bullpen and struggle with consistency as a result. I think he needs to trust his stuff that got him there and relax. The more I look at it, Toronto is clearly looking at him for the future so I see him getting plenty of chances this year, we could see Cordero here and there but hes not the future.

1 person likes this

If you're scared after 2 games then baseball isn't a sport for you. The timing is making this look worse. I think he'll get a 3rd and 4th chance before it goes to Cordero. And even if it does go to Cordero, what makes you feel so good about him? Sure, he has history, but if you've watched him pitch this year his stuff isn't half of what Santos' is.

Deep breaths.

1 person likes this

If you're scared after 2 games then baseball isn't a sport for you. The timing is making this look worse. I think he'll get a 3rd and 4th chance before it goes to Cordero. And even if it does go to Cordero, what makes you feel so good about him? Sure, he has history, but if you've watched him pitch this year his stuff isn't half of what Santos' is.

Deep breaths.

This. if he blew two consecutive saves in mid June it wouldnt be as bad. would you rather have this or Santos http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/05/francisco-cordero-is-not-in-the-best-shape-of-his-life/

Deep breaths.

The Blue Jays didn't mind sending out Rauch and Francisco to close out their games last year. So I wouldn't even be shocked if they let big fat Cordero close as well.

The Blue Jays didn't mind sending out Rauch and Francisco to close out their games last year. So I wouldn't even be shocked if they let big fat Cordero close as well.

Maybe it wouldn't be bad for Santos owners to have Cordero as backup but i dont think cordero should be picked up right away. Do you think I will need two roster spots open to pick up Cordero because he is so fat he cant fit into just one?

I had Santos last year and he was very frustrating. He is a bit wild at times and got hit hard when he couldn't locate. I don't like the fact that Coco is looking over his shoulder. Santos is the better pitcher but having an established closer setting you up is not very ideal.

Toronto actually has a shot this year with all the extra problems the Sox and Yanks seem to have.

Can't think they are going let too many games slip away because of an inconsistent young closer.

I imagine if he blows the next one, then he'll lose the job until Cordero blows one.

BTW, I'd much rather look at a picture of Salma Hayek than that picture of Cordero... please keep that in mind next you post a pic... many thanks... lol

The Brewers have a potentially movable asset in KRod... wonder how long it will be until he's traded somewhere...

Well he will be out for a few days birth of child. Cordero's chance to steal job if he gets opportunity and does well

Getting the save in today's game has to be huge for Santos' confidence going into his leave of absence from the team.

Any thought that Cordero was going to just take this job and run with it just went out the window, I'd say.

Good sign from management that its Santos job. Put him right back into the high leverage situation and he responds by shutting the down in the 9th. Good sign indeed.

Uhg. I had him on my bench for today. I read yesterdays post wrong saying that he was going to be out Thursday - Sunday.