Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipitorkid

Who Has 80 Speed In The Minors?

So is there anyone in the Minors who we might see in the second half of 2012 who might be able to help with SBs like Dee Gordon did in 2011?

Billy Hamilton of the Reds comes into my mind. But he plays SS and Cozart pretty much has that locked up for now. But if Cozart gets hurt and the Reds call Hamilton up he is a safe bet.

edit: somebody beat me to it.

Another one would be Gary Brown though (Giants OF)

Doubt he gets called up this year though.

Anthony Gose, possibly in September..... but no guarantee. In fact, he may be more of a next-next September, but someone else can probably confirm this.

His speed, however, is legit. Probably one of the fastest guys in the minors or majors....

Whoever said Hamilton has 85 speed. He's correct. IDK if Brown has 80 Speed and I think Trout is more of a 70 speed.

Couple years away but Eury Perez,was and Jonathan Villar,hou both could steal 40 plus. Villar seems the better bet as he seems to run alot and will get a crack at SS in the near future

From Jim Callis at Baseball America. These aren't necessarily 80 grade speed guys but his opinion of the best speed prospects:

Best Speed Prospects

1. Billy Hamilton, ss, Reds

2. Mike Trout, of, Angels

3. Gary Brown, of, Giants

4. Roman Quinn, ss, Phillies

5. Terrance Gore, of, Royals

Youngsters to watch: Glynn Davis (Orioles), Bradley Marquez (Mets), Mason Williams (Yankees).T