Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Tuna

Mark Buehrle 2012 Season Outlook

36 posts in this topic

Didnt see a thread on Buehle - put up some good numbers before todays start - usually a nice back of the rotation guy for ERA and Whip but not Ks - any thoughts or projections on him?

Like him a lot in the NL. Marlins just have to come together and play well. Marlins Park is very big so he should be a solid SP4/5

Apparently didn't have it today. Luckily all of the runs they got off of him weren't earned.

4 ERs are enough but looking at the rest of his starts I still like himas a back of the rotation guys....even have a slight uptick in strike outs so far.

Owned him for years. Fairly reliable back end guy. Gets lit occasionally (like today), but overall is a good SP. As for projections....lets say 14 W, 3.38 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 125 K, 45 BB, 23 QS.

Better than back of the rotation, IMO. His career numbers are 3.83 ERA, 1.28 WHIP.

• Subtract 0.20 and 0.02 for getting out of US Cellular
  • Subtract 0.20 and 0.02 for moving from the AL to the NL
  • Not even going to give him credit for Miami being a pitchers' park yet, but that's further upside

Now you have a guy who will put up a 3.40 ERA and 1.24 WHIP, and who has thrown 200+ innings for eleven straight seasons. Except for the strikeouts, this is Yovanni Gallardo territory.

added him for the two start week. yeesh, he's been awesome! why can't he get Ks!

He has been quality for years in the A.L. in a very hitting friendly park, in fact one of the most hitting friendly parks.

Now he is in the N.L. and pitching in the Marlins new stadiuam, which hasn't been around long enough for the statistical data on how the park plays to be relavant, but early indications are that the Marlins new stadium is going to be very pitching friendly. Not quite Petco, but early comparisons look like Safco.

I play in a league that counts Quality Starts with no innings cap, so I am buying.

69 innings pitches, 5 wins, 34 K's, 3.26 ERA, 1.12 WHIP, and 7 quality starts.

If you are in an innings capped league I understand now owning him, but in most other formats he is a quality guy to own. Very underrated.

His D did him no favors there.

Both polanco and Ruiz hits could have been caught. Coglhan's arm is on par with my wife's as he 3 hops a throw to the plate from shallow Left.

I don't know what has gotten into him, but it's nice to see.

What a great 2-start week performance! Very very nice Mr. Buehrle!

Still can't believe the Sox paid Danks instead of Buehrle. What a joke. They paid Danks, and they're paying for it now.

Just traded for this guy. As I see it the Carlos Lee trade makes the Fish's lineup pretty formidable (provided they start to gel and stanton's knees hold up). chance at some Ws to go along with his solid line

Buehrle is having a very solid year the only thing that prevents me from rostering him is his K/9 hurts in innings limit leagues.

Very inconsistent but pitches like an ace at home.

Road ERA: 4.47

Home ERA: 2.77

Sure pitched like an ace on the road today.....in a tough place to pitch.

I'm very happy with my purchase, hope he continues this next week when I get to start him.

7IP, 7K's. Where did the K's come from? Guy is very underrated. Ho hum, quietly one of the most consistent arms in the league. He won't get your loins rising, but he'll put up 220 IP, with very solid ratios.

Last 4 outings including tonight

28.2 innings 29k 5 BB 4 ER

Damn good if you ask me.

1 person likes this

Last 4 outings including tonight

28.2 innings 29k 5 BB 4 ER

Damn good if you ask me.

Ecstatic about how he has settled in at Miami after a so-so (rough?) start. Money in the bank right now...