Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rraayy3

David Wilson 2012 Season Outlook

1,133 posts in this topic

Wow, he is exploding right now. 3 carries for 40, 2 catches for 26. Anyone who snagged him in the later rounds may find themselves with an RB3, possibly RB2 upside in a 50/50 time share at least. How can you keep this guy off the field?

Hopefully Ahmad Bradshaw breaks his foot again. This guy is locked and loaded.

2 people like this

Looking great tonight. he has 75 of the teams 90 yards. Too bad Bradshaw is still the lead back. I just can't take a guy who is the number two RB, at his current ADP. Plus after tonight it will only get higher.

Looking great tonight. he has 75 of the teams 90 yards. Too bad Bradshaw is still the lead back. I just can't take a guy who is the number two RB, at his current ADP. Plus after tonight it will only get higher.

Even if Bradshaw is lead back, WIlson may be able to carve out a timeshare like Jacobs did. 60/40 split. And remember that feet condition is chronic.

I assume they've pulled Wilson out of the game so he does't get hurt? I DVR'd the game so I could watch others. Can't wait to see him in action =)

this guy is sick

Of course, he's a Hokie....... ;)

1 person likes this

well by now nothing really needs to be said, but this guy was unbelievable last night. 1 of his big plays he made all by himself, the blocking wasn't helping ... he was targeted in the passing game 2-3 times ... and i've never seen a "burst" like his in person. he made the defense look like they were jogging in a walk through on several plays and showed great power whenever they did catch up to him. his agility is up there with anyone and last night did not help me compare him to any back in the league ... because i've never seen anything like him. not saying take him first round this year, bradshaw is still the back to own ... but keeper/dynasty leagues - i highly recommend "reaching" on him the guy is special.

some combo of spiderman/mccoy/bradshaw would sum him up i guess.

1 person likes this

I loved how physical he was. He fought for every yard. No wonder he led all running backs in the NCAA last year for yards after contact -- 990 yards AFTER CONTACT!

If this translates to the NFL, we are talking CJ2K numbers -- CJ had 1,071 yards after contact in his 2,006 yard rushing season. In other words, the future is VERY bright for DW.

not the best level of competition, but ... FF to 1:04 when you're done drooling over his speed ...

spiderman

And now you know why I went through a dizzying array of trades in the dynasty league I'm in, so that I could land this guy.

So glad my draft was last week. I took him at 1.7 in a redraft (10 team 8 keepers) and there is no way he would have lasted to that if the draft was today. He looked great out there.

dropped to 14th round in my draft last sunday. Wish I would've nabbed him even though I was really full at RB.

I would say zero percent until about mid-season or so, but it's just a question of how much he cuts into the workload, and how quickly. Bradshaw owners everywhere are now bemoaning this guy, he will seriously cut into Ahmad's value.

I'm thinking that if they want to run more (as they've stated) and they want to keep Bradshaw fresh, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 50/50 timeshare. It just doesn't make sense to keep such an explosive player and pretty good blocker as a rookie off the field.

this is a timeshare if he proves capable of protecting eli

that is the only thing that will stop him from seeing consistent playing time... expect 10-15 touches a game if he shows he won't get eli killed

wilson's got power but i'd assume bradshaw is the goal line back ... he's been effective in the redzone since day 1. or maybe they mix it up so they don't telegraph plays like when jacobs came in ...

David Wilson is a Jahvid Best-clone that can't be tackled.

He'll score from outside the goal-line.

he reminds me of a mini-AP/SJax

this guy has great power ... but still offers that big play sproles/best potential. i really don't think there's a back in the league you can compare him to directly tho - he's kind of a freak. looks like a 3rd down back, runs like a power back - with elite speed.

no complaints, tho. bradshaw/wilson/nicks/cruz ... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA [evil laugh + simultaneous mustache twirl]

Go Giants

1 person likes this

He sort of looks like CJ out there, he doesnt look like AP or SJax at all lol. Looking good tho, i will want to own him next year.

He sort of looks like CJ out there, he doesnt look like AP or SJax at all lol. Looking good tho, i will want to own him next year.

hence the "mini", and it was in reference to his power/speed combo

i'm not calling him the next AP

gold jacket green jacket

hence the "mini", and it was in reference to his power/speed combo

i'm not calling him the next AP

Ok, thats sort of like calling a baseball a mini bowling ball ... might as well just call it a baseball to start with